July Finds

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    dig the misspelling on the Kim Tolliver & the label name of the Jimmy Ellis :lol:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    All field finds from this weekend.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Been scooping up some good sampling material in the most unlikely places. One from a book store other from a vintage clothing shop.
    Attached files

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Beatsoup said:
    Been scooping up some good sampling material in the most unlikely places. One from a book store other from a vintage clothing shop.

Both are great sample records. When I found the "Learn to play Drums " record it had the original drum sticks with it.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Breez said:
    Beatsoup said:

Both are great sample records. When I found the "Learn to play Drums " record it had the original drum sticks with it.

Score! That's awesome, mine only had the record no book either. Lots of samples, will be searching for more MMO stuff in the future. It's funny this guys timing is actually pretty bad in spots tho.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Killing it Rock. Killing it. I love that Black Velvet Lp.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Damn, I can't believe you found those Warhols. In the last couple of years I've had virtually every Warhol cover (including three Nation's Nightmares) but not those. When I bought the New York Public Library's archives a few months back they had many hundreds of language instructional records and I was sure those would be in there, but they weren't.

Of course you're going to keep them for your own listening pleasure...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i didn't even see the Warhol LPs. i usually just glance at his finds. just cuz i don't want to be overwhelmed all at once.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    nothing over $1

Yeah Rich, what Mike said, those Warhols (2 of them) are an insane find!

• Rockadelic said:

Damm what's the deal with the WARHOL's, are there a very low count around or do the art collectors set the price on them?

both, rare & sought after by art heads.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Damn, I can't believe you found those Warhols. In the last couple of years I've had virtually every Warhol cover (including three Nation's Nightmares) but not those. When I bought the New York Public Library's archives a few months back they had many hundreds of language instructional records and I was sure those would be in there, but they weren't.

Over the July 4th weekend I ran into a guy who's father was a DJ in the 50's - 70's in Memphis. he had about 5,000 LP's at a Flea Market and at $2.00 a piece I found a lot of good stuff. A few days later I saw the Warhol LP's on Collector's Frenzy and realized I had seen both Vol 1 & 2 somewhere recently. I decided it must have been at the Flea Market and went back there Saturday morning....went through all 5,000 LP's again and there were no Warhols......As my wife and I were leaving the Flea Market we passed a table where a dude had literally 8 LP's laying on a table and right on top were the two Warhol LP's....$2 bucks a piece.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:

Over the July 4th weekend I ran into a guy who's father was a DJ in the 50's - 70's in Memphis. he had about 5,000 LP's at a Flea Market and at $2.00 a piece I found a lot of good stuff. A few days later I saw the Warhol LP's on Collector's Frenzy and realized I had seen both Vol 1 & 2 somewhere recently. I decided it must have been at the Flea Market and went back there Saturday morning....went through all 5,000 LP's again and there were no Warhols......As my wife and I were leaving the Flea Market we passed a table where a dude had literally 8 LP's laying on a table and right on top were the two Warhol LP's....$2 bucks a piece.

unfukinbelievable!! Take a vacation with that score.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

Nice haul....what is the LP on the middle row far right?

• cheers, guv!

it's the impulse repress/quad remix of sun ra's "pathways to unknown worlds"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nice finds
    been looking for that noro and regret trading that barretto message in my early days
    any of these from montreal?

• pcmr said:
    nice finds
    been looking for that noro and regret trading that barretto message in my early days
    any of these from montreal?

thanks, sorry to say but your city is completely fucked for records. it's a real shame. i hit every spot (including some hidden back alley spot way the hell up on st urbain). i think i got that mad adventures of rabbi jacob, isley bros and jerry peters at that place on st denis (the one that s on the main floor, not the one where you have to go down a few steps and has 2 backrooms of chud-- beatnick?). why does almost every shop mix new and used records together? how on earth is that goof from paul's boutique still in business?

the amazing food and the insanely beautiful and often friendly women are thankfully still in full effect but the city feels like it is physically crumbling. i lived there between '93-'00 and i guess people were saying it even then, that the city had been in gradual decline since the '76 olympics. for the first time i got this real second world, ramshackle vibe.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

Nice latin titles. Eddie Palmieri is my shit right there! (Alegre title)

• musica said:
    Nice latin titles. Eddie Palmieri is my shit right there!

i think eddie palmieri is one of my favourite musicians at the moment. i saw him a few years ago and he was doing more of a mccoy tyner sort of thing and moaning loudly and involuntarily a la keith jarrett which was a bit weird.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    why does almost every place mix new and used records together? how on earth is that goof from paul'sd boutique still in business?

i did not know you lived here and i hate that mixing used/new,
    Paul boutique is a joke...there is a maggot brain for 20$ in the middle of his pile of chud but at first the semi brain dead french woman he hired told me he was thinking of opening up a second floor in a month
    than i passed by and and even she laughed at how that would never happened
    it's on prime real estate too...money laundering 4 dayz
    but still got love for this city and at least were not ottawa...

• quidtumquidtum 29 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    musica said:
    Nice latin titles. Eddie Palmieri is my shit right there!

i think eddie palmieri is one of my favourite musicians at the moment. i saw him a few years ago and he was doing more of a mccoy tyner sort of thing and moaning loudly and involuntarily a la keith jarrett which was a bit weird.

yo crabby, that cortijo and rivera has got one of the dopest latin joints on it. forget the exact title. aricoti aricotan? gtes complete facemelt after about 30 seconds

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    ok so yeah, i passed on this one (heh), but i just had to snap a photo - never expected to see this one just filed away in the bin. at a grand i would have assumed Disk Union would have put this one up on the wall? it was cool just to see the OG in person though, i never thought i ever would have.

also they gave me an awesome "fame" label t-shirt for free, i have no idea why. i spent about $75, maybe thats it? i couldnt understand them but was very very appreciative and surprised.

edit - heres the shirt:

Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:

shazam! couldnt have happened to a more deserving candidate. congrats!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    wow. that's a pretty decent price. was it clean?

maru said:
    wow. that's a pretty decent price. was it clean?

1K is a decent price for Marijata? i guess that makes sense. i figured it was either in the ballpark, or sorta high. No i didnt pull it out to look, i knew it wouldnt make a difference personally. though i could tell the cover was in quite nice shape. plus i didnt want to accidentally ding it or something. it felt weird for it to just be banging around in the bins in the first place.