Pete Rock & Smif-N-Wessun - Monumental (2011) Opinions???

2»

Comments

• I'm a supporter of GOOD cops. But I agree the point is to restrain not beat up.

Now I feel bad about making this thread. Thanks NYPD!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Y'all should be listening to the Random Axe album instead of this.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    I liked. I think most of the beats were good but the rhymes really never caught my ear much. Not amazing but good.

• phongone said:
    Y'all should be listening to the Random Axe album instead of this.

what's random axe? to tired to google. :(

"Random Axe, the hip-hop supergroup featuring Sean Price, Black Milk and Guilty Simpson, released their long-awaited self-titled debut album last Tuesday (June 14) on Duck Down Music. The 15-track album arrives after the trio first started mulling a collaborative effort in 2008, with Detroit native Black Milk handling the entirety of the album's production."

"Random Axe, the hip-hop supergroup featuring Sean Price, Black Milk and Guilty Simpson, released their long-awaited self-titled debut album last Tuesday (June 14) on Duck Down Music. The 15-track album arrives after the trio first started mulling a collaborative effort in 2008, with Detroit native Black Milk handling the entirety of the album's production."

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I don't know exactly what went down to jump off what the cops and the party goers to end up like it did. But being from around the way I keep it moving when I see the po- lice and u don't hang out posted up after the club let's out. Don't wanna give nobody no excuses be it the cops or some other misc sucka.

• I listened to the random axe. Didn't like taht either. More boring music. Sounded like they tried to make "Underground" music. The drums were cool on some songs but the i didn't like the samples very much. Pretty boring. I didn't think the keyboard sounds were incorparated vey well either.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Pete Rock doesnt sound enough like Pete Rock.

This sounds like it was done by an average producer.

Sad.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    horrible album...

The Neek / Large Pro album on the other hand... ELITE.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    djsheep said:
    horrible album...

really? ok, i'll check that out. anybody else ride for that album?

• SIRUS said:
    djsheep said:
    horrible album...

really? ok, i'll check that out. anybody else ride for that album?

It okay. Pretty average. Nothing with much replay value. It's good compared to what's out I guess. But ehh in terms of good music in general. I'm not liking anything these days though. So don't go by me.

I may have to make about THIS someday. :nagl: :dodododo: And these guys are my idols. :(

http://www.amazon.com/Godsville-Showbiz-Krs-One/dp/B004L1DB8W/ref=pd_sim_m_4

KRS - "One blast will y'all freckle face; Measles."

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Cops didn't like the album, I guess.