what mixer are you rocking these days

calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
i am still using my trusty Vestax 06 that ive had since probably 97 or so...only changed the fader once when they used to have the forked ones and that part broke but the actual fader still worked fine...nevertheless i am thinking of upgrading, just wondering what people are using these days

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Been rocking an Allen & Heath XOne:02 for years.

Sturdy as a bungalow. Faders are NICE! (P&G)

I won't be switching to anything else for a long time.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

I was given quite a few mixers by Stanton back in the day, but this is the only 1 I ever liked, its probably the best mixer they ever made, P&G faders throughout, balanced outs (including isolated outs so you can multitrack mixes) and really good sound. I have been considering changing to the 57 but I just cant get used to the curve on the fader.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rane 56

If I had $1000+ burning a hole in my pocket, I'd upgrade to the 57, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Does anybody here use an E&S DJR400?

Have been contemplating it for me new audiophile lifestyle.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

• NateBizzo said:

Best looking mixer ever! Theo Parrish-style

• Sweet_Premium said:
    NateBizzo said:

Best looking mixer ever! Theo Parrish-style

That thing sounds so so nice.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Sweet_Premium said:

Best looking mixer ever!

My vote and heart still says the Urei 1620. The re-issue they did was pretty nice.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Rane 57. Soooooooo good.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Rane 57

the_dL said:

I have been considering changing to the 57 but I just cant get used to the curve on the fader.

The cross and up faders are all completely adjustable.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Allen + Heath XONE 22. Sounds great, EQ is good, filter is bangin'. Crossfader... :ehhx2: Then again, I don't do a lot of hot mixing. and prefer the smooth blends, so it don't bother me none.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    mateo said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

same here....

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

I have the DJM 600 since ten years now at got used to it so much that I won't switch to another mixer too quickly although faders are a bit too lightweighted and overall sound quality is isn't overwhelming. Good thing is that almost every club over here uses one of these. This makes me feel like mixing at home everywhere I go.

My buddy Marlow recently upgraded to this modular mixer and he got it for real cheap:

I have been working with it once and have to say this is a real fine piece of equipment. Feels like working on a classic broadcasting console. Classy.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    still

but would love to try
    NateBizzo said:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    jimey said:
    still

Perfect since '98... but considering

Basically I love using Pioneers for the bpm-assignable echo function, but I hear people say that the sound quality isn't that great. Hard to tell when I've only heard them in a busy club... are there any other high-end mixers with good sound + bpm + echo effect? Is Pioneer sound quality noticably poor compared to other mixers?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    disco_che said:

I have the DJM 600 since ten years now at got used to it so much that I won't switch to another mixer too quickly although faders are a bit too lightweighted and overall sound quality is isn't overwhelming.

Yeah these always sound muddy as fuck to my ears, I've had Stantons that sounded better. I need to replace mine soon, thinking about just getting a mackie and a 2 channel DJ mixer but that is going to fuck up the desk space. Still would be about $800 cheaper than an Ecler, nice as they are.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    my favorite mixer so far....

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I recently aquired this one:

Best mixer I ever had.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

Best mixer I ever had.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    djkingotto said:

i have this. it's great, but stuff breaks and it's expensive to fix. the on board efx are cool, but i'd trade this for a rane 57 in a heartbeat just to have some durability.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    djkingotto said:

i have this. it's great, but stuff breaks and it's expensive to fix. the on board efx are cool, but i'd trade this for a rane 57 in a heartbeat just to have some durability.

yeah, i've heard a lot of people say they have issues with the tap buttons for the efx... and i'm starting to. i had to send it in once already because out of nowhere, it wouldn't power up. it was still under warranty and i got it back fast, but if something else goes out on it, i'll be pissed. still, i love the faders and the efx on this one... so smooth. if they could use the same technology on the tap buttons that they used on the EFX 500 it might be the champ. depending on the gig, i usually leave it set up at the crib and i take out my old vestax 07. what other issues have you had with it?

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    I really dislike the 909 crossfader, it seems like people either love it or hate it though.

Been rocking this for the past few years now:

Great mixer, as long as you don't use FX.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    after having a vestax pmc 06, 08 and a ecler hak 360 i finally arrived at the rane ttm56 and never looked back

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    djkingotto said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    djkingotto said:

yeah, i've heard a lot of people say they have issues with the tap buttons for the efx... and i'm starting to. i had to send it in once already because out of nowhere, it wouldn't power up. it was still under warranty and i got it back fast, but if something else goes out on it, i'll be pissed. still, i love the faders and the efx on this one... so smooth. if they could use the same technology on the tap buttons that they used on the EFX 500 it might be the champ. depending on the gig, i usually leave it set up at the crib and i take out my old vestax 07. what other issues have you had with it?

the effects on/off tab broke just by flicking it too hard. as you mentioned, the effects tap buttons are not reliable. sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. the grounding knobs both broke off. i went to a pioneer repair shop and they charged me $100 to replace them and the new ones lost their grip after a month or so. i could go on...

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

Ecler nuo3. Love the big knobs, long up faders, fader/crossfader curve adjustments/reverse. Efx send and receive is better than normal. I did manage to blow out one channel of the phono 1 input, but thank god it's got 3. Solid build. Great price.

Sounds good man.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    finelikewine said:

Best mixer I ever had.

I use a 56. If i had more $ to burn, I'd upgrade to this one.