another mylatency unnecessary thread deletion

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This used to be Raj's house. Now it's MyL's.

Respect.

Why should anybody respect that type of behavior?

Because it's his house.

This board is in need of active moderation. We might not agree with how it is being done. But, at least it is being done.

I'm sorry, Dan--that's some ridiculous shit.

I don't believe that this board is in need of active moderation at all. I think it's contributors do a better job of moderating themselves than MyLatency does, and I would much prefer no moderation at all than to be subjected to this sort of random thread deletion and post alteration.

Yes, RAJ--and MyLatency as his proxy--have "the right" to delete any thread that fails to tickle their fancy. But does that make it the right thing to do? No--and doing so greatly devalues this place.

Oh, and: you can tell us we have to tolerate it, but I'll be goddamned if I "respect" it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    No--and doing so greatly devalues this place.

Dude, this isn't a court of law. Post all the tranny threads you want.

OMG, you and T**** should get out and have a nice day in the lovely city you live in. Seriously, fuk a thread.

Oh, and: you can tell us we have to tolerate it, but I'll be goddamned if I "respect" it.

No problem, have a fun week on Soulstrut!

No--and doing so greatly devalues this place.

Dude, this isn't a court of law. Post all the tranny threads you want.

OMG, you and T**** should get out and have a nice day in the lovely city you live in. Seriously, fuk a thread.

Posts by me this weekend: 4

Posts by you this weekend: 14 + a thread deletion

Perhaps you're the one that should ease off the delete key and get some fresh air

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    everytime someone starts a thread complaining about a deletion, raj just comes on here thanking mark for his help. check out this pic of morrocco_mole, speaking of trannys.
    check out this pic of morrocco_mole, speaking of trannys.[/b] total fucking fruitcake.

Posts by me this weekend: 4

Posts by you this weekend: 14 + a thread deletion

Perhaps you're the one that should ease off the delete key and get some fresh air

Thanks faux, you've sonned me yet again!
    Bye!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yes, RAJ--and MyLatency as his proxy--have "the right" to delete any thread that fails to tickle their fancy. But does that make it the right thing to do? No--and doing so greatly devalues this place.

M**k, I think you're a great guy, but you need to pick your battles[/b] bro. Less of this guy would help "the mood" around here:

It's good to see you're taking the duties seriously, but you seem to have be a bit quick to edit, delete, etc. Objectionable threads and statements find a way to be avoided, called out and dealt with, raising people's dander enough to complain.If something comes across your desk complaint wise, deal with it. Otherwise, don't.

My 2c

T.N.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    MyL isn't remotely killing my vibe when he's deleting what is arguably really stupid, if not offensive, NRR shit.

• This used to be Raj's house. Now it's MyL's.

Respect.

Because it's his house.

This board is in need of active moderation. We might not agree with how it is being done. But, at least it is being done.

I don't believe that this board is in need of active moderation at all. I think it's contributors do a better job of moderating themselves than MyLatency does, and I would much prefer no moderation at all than to be subjected to this sort of random thread deletion and post alteration.

Faux Rillz for moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think most of these deletions are fucking dumb...just like some of my posts, I am sure, but still. I mean..do you guys want a million posts on here ALL RECORD RELATED? how fucking boring...I enjoy lots of the NRR threads. But I am just a dude that gets hated on here constantly, so I know my opinion doesnt count for shit anyways. and another thing...FUCK propper grammar on a messageboard.

Big hugs for Crackalack!

Hey mang, how is that dude's progress whose tunes you posted up here? I thought they were cool.

Peace

T.N.

• Big hugs for Crackalack!
    Hey mang, how is that dude's progress whose tunes you posted up here? I thought they were cool.
    Peace
    T.N.

I think he might be locked up...hes a crackhead anyways. A shit talking loser fronting like he's somebody making moves when he is actually just bullshitting fat girls for rides and to pay for his gear and shit. fuck his sister in law too..bitch got me for for cash,but hopefully she is in jail by now where that fucking crackhead belongs.

Weak!Sorry to hear that dukes.

• The only thread Grafwritah started on the front page is music related, not sure how he's necessarily spamming the board with a grip of NRR nonsense. sAe Ying

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    We might not agree with how it is being done. But, at least it is being done.

my exact feelings on the gw bush presidency.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    We might not agree with how it is being done. But, at least it is being done.

my exact feelings on the gw bush presidency.
    i think gw is only making it more difficult for me to travel abroad... not to take away from the insanity he's so prestigiously bestowed upon the rest of the world.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I saw ODUB on CSpan this morning !

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This used to be Raj's house. Now it's MyL's.

Respect.

Because it's his house.

Faux Rillz for moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think most of these deletions are fucking dumb...just like some of my posts, I am sure, but still. I mean..do you guys want a million posts on here ALL RECORD RELATED? how fucking boring...[/b]

this fucking boring.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I forsee the day when SS's first page is nothing but people whining about deleted threads.

MyL: My unsolicited advice to you is this: do what you have to and then leave it alone. Fools are baiting you to respond and that only prolongs the shit unnecessarily.

I think if people really have an issue with MyL, they need to take it up with Raj but frankly, MyL isn't remotely killing my vibe when he's deleting what is arguably really stupid, if not offensive, NRR shit.

a righteous O-dub reminds of the times when this place was POPPIN'.

or maybe i'm just out of the loop.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Wasn't that the second transsexual thread in the last 4 days?

I wonder if they talk this much about records on IdresslikeawomanbutIhaveacockstrut.com?

Peace

h

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Y'all getting worked up over a Grafwritah wank thread.

Deleting that one while leaving so many others alone is pointless & only going to set people off, it's true - but he's right, it was a really lame thread for people to rally around - and the title didn't "make clear what was inside" since it was called something like "Can somebody tell me..." and led to a bunch of huge pictures of what was either a tranny or a very masculine woman. Records or no records, who needs that?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Wasn't that the second transsexual thread in the last 4 days?

I wonder if they talk this much about records on IdresslikeawomanbutIhaveacockstrut.com?

Peace

h

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Y'all getting worked up over a Grafwritah wank thread.

Deleting that one while leaving so many others alone is pointless & only going to set people off, it's true - but he's right, it was a really lame thread for people to rally around - and the title didn't "make clear what was inside" since it was called something like "Can somebody tell me..." and led to a bunch of huge pictures of what was either a tranny or a very masculine woman. Records or no records, who needs that?

The name of the thread was Is this a chick or a guy in drag?[/b] I don't know how much more obvious that can be.

That's up to him if he wants to post it and to others if they want to respond.
    My thing, as always, is consistency[/b]. If you're going to delete one NRR thread, delete them all. If you're going to pick one BS convo thread, delete them all and post up that as the new rule of Soulstrut[/b], so everyone knows. It's annoying to be having a general conversation that multiple people are participating in[/b] and just have it disappear.

Mark said something along the lines of, "This doesn't belong in Crate Digging Revealed." Where does it belong then? Announcements? Wants / Trades? People have voted down having a "General Discussion" forum. So, if there's a spot to have NRR discussions on here, enlighten me. I haven't seen it.

Mark asked, "What would Raj have done?" Well, if my memory serves, Raj and every other moderator have probably deleted less than a handful of threads each (most recent incarnation or two), and only in extreme circumstances. MyL has done double that amount in his first month.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not important, true. But there's nothing on here that is critical. It's something fun to do to pass time. I like reading all the random shit, from John Book's posts about the history of pressing plants to Anthony Pearson talking about ... whatever the fuck pops in his demented head at that particular moment. I even check out the "Soulstrut" meeting threads from time to time, not that I'll ever run into anybody from here. A lot of shit I don't care about and don't read at all, but I'm not going to keep others from posting about what they want to post about.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I strongly recommend locking threads instead of deleting them just to avoid things like this.

I strongly recommend locking threads instead of deleting them just to avoid things like this.

That would be equally obnoxious, although it would at least let the Soulstrut community at large draw their own opinions.

• Wasn't that the second transsexual thread in the last 4 days?

Peace

h

Invalid url!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

That would be equally obnoxious, although it would at least let the Soulstrut community at large draw their own opinions.
    Well, he doesn't seem to find anything wrong with deleting threads, so locking will at least let people know why a thread was moderated. I'm against heavy moderation to begin with, but at least this would be some sort of compromise.

• My thing, as always, is consistency[/b]. If you're going to delete one NRR thread, delete them all. If you're going to pick one BS convo thread, delete them all and post up that as the new rule of Soulstrut[/b], so everyone knows.
    I think it's a little naive to think that all strutters are on equal footing and will therefore have their (NRR) posts treated similarly. That's just not how things work.

My thing, as always, is consistency[/b]. If you're going to delete one NRR thread, delete them all. If you're going to pick one BS convo thread, delete them all and post up that as the new rule of Soulstrut[/b], so everyone knows.
    I think it's a little naive to think that all strutters are on equal footing and will therefore have their (NRR) posts treated similarly. That's just not how things work.

Well we all know the in club and out club, but there could at least be some method to the madness.

• Buy your way "in." You probably could have kept your tranny thread if you would have made a generous donation to the site.