TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    jlee said:
    Okem said:
    Nah his contract only has one more year, so it's settle or cash in for a fair price. Wenger aint fool enough to sell him to Yanited though. He's plenty replaceable.

Ideally, but i think in the end, Nasri gets his way (but probably on a 5yr contract).

in the "real" football world, where clubs actually spend money for good players, Nasri is replaceable. But in "Wengers" world, if we sold Nasri for 20M, you'd be hard pressed to assume that Wenger would then use that full amount to replace the kid.

The problem is that if we pay the kid the money that's being thrown around (110 p/w), that adds to Arsenal's problem of paying top dollar salary for mid-level results. Nasri is very good, but 1/2 a season doesn't mean you get to jump right to the top of the payroll on the team.

only way this is rectified is if
    a. Nasri agrees to terms that are in line with his real results (so the 90k p/w that is what the club offers, seems pretty fair)
    b. the club agrees to add a kicker to his amounts if trophies are won

or c.
    the kid is let go (preferably to a non-PL team, Spartak Moscow just to show these greedy players you cant always get everything you want) and money is spent on a player that is proven or very promising (so a Sneijder-like player in the former, or a Hazard-like player in the latter).

that would show real ballz from the club. that we are not held ransom by players that really are proven to win schitt.

again, in the end i suspect we take it in the butt for him (or we sell Cesc and then HAVE to take him at this asking price).

Great analysis, cesc is going to Bar??a this year or the next..can I interest you in the services of Bojan since arsenal will lose arshavin ? haha

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    neil_something said:
    democracy in action...

Shits just sad.

I bet Andrew Jennings is starting to feel like this has all paid off finally. I wish I have half the strength and perseverance that guy has when I'm his age.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DOR said:
    neil_something said:
    democracy in action...

Shits just sad.

I bet Andrew Jennings is starting to feel like this has all paid off finally. I wish I have half the strength and perseverance that guy has when I'm his age.

Yeah Jennings has been a one man crusade on this. It's got beyond the point of a joke now, really hoping that this is pushing the game towards some moment of clarity but not convinced by any means.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    Some elements of the Briddish media suggest that the world perception of this crisis/furore is that it's 'English Lies'. Have they snatched the odd quote, or is the rest of the (footballing) world's media blaming us for kicking up a stink over nothing?
    Is there really any doubt that Qatar bought the World Cup?
    Is there any doubt that FIFA needs to be totally overhauled?
    The Dutch were brave when they pulled out of hosting the World Cup and went public with the outrageous demands FIFA make - zero tax, total control of all merchandising, tv rights etc.
    Some of the quotes, if true, show the degree of influence and political favour wielded by those involved, and their reluctance to change. An Argentinian is quoted as saying that they said they'd consider voting for an English bid if we gave back the Falkland Islands. WTF? The knighthood thing and the FA Cup re-naming were funny, but these are football people, not heads of state...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    All the English media are doing is reporting what was said by FIFA whistleblower Chuck Blazer. Blazer's bribery claims prompted the provisional suspension of Concafaf president Jack Warner and Asian chief Mohamed Bin Hammam. FACT.

Here's a summary of the biggest FIFA brown-noses...

Julio Grondona
    Argentina

What he said: "We always have attacks from England which are mostly lies with the support of journalism which is more busy lying than telling the truth. Leave the Fifa family alone."

Track record: Claimed Jewish people could not referee at a high level as "Jews don???t like hard work". On Monday, he revealed he had told England's 2018 bid team: "If you give back the Falklands, which belong to us, you will get my vote."

Selemani Omari
    DR Congo

What he said: "We are ill at ease with people who wield unfounded accusations. We have no lessons to take (from England). A single candidate sometimes proves people are satisfied with that candidate."

Track record: Congolese club chairmen, former internationals and sports journalists petitioned a court to investigate allegations relating to the theft of funds in 2005. Omari was subsequently cleared.

Yves Jean-Bart
    Haiti

What he said: "Contrary to what my colleague from England said, we can deal with this crisis by strengthening our organisation. We will not get through by accentuating instability or tormenting ourselves."

Track record: In January, Haiti???s National Referees Commission reported cases of attempted bribery of officials and match-fixing to the executive committee of the Haitian Football Federation.

Moucharafou Anjorin
    Benin

What he said: "I am ill at ease to see it coming from a country like England with its football skills. Why would we want to kill Fifa and create tensions, pitch one against another? England should not seek to divide us."

Track record: Twelve of the Benin Football Federation???s 15-member executive committee resigned last December, accusing Moucharafou of being a "dictator". He was ousted by the Sports Ministry in January but reinstated after Fifa complained of government interference.

Costakis Koutsokoumnis
    Cyprus

What he said: "It???s not a solution to leave Fifa with a president unable to take decisions. We need a strong Fifa. What a beautiful English word is 'allegations'."

Track record: Koutsokoumnis's organisation was criticised in 2005 for failing to combat racism by Football against Racism in Europe. Koutsokoumnis said he had never heard of FARE, despite his organisation attending a Uefa conference with them in 2003.

Angel Maria Villar Llona
    Spain

What he said: "Fifa has presented an extraordinary balance sheet, all of that goes in football. All this goes down the drain just because there is a problem in your family? We must stop these people hitting us. It???s cheap."

Track record: Sparked outrage in 2006 when, during a speech to a Uefa conference on racism, he said too much attention was being given to the issue.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    First Eurovision, now FIFA. We're getting a kicking everywhere these days.

I wouldn't mind but WE INVENTED THE F*CKING GAME.??

[Sean Bean Ronin voice]Make like Boxing or Wrestling and start us own WFA, eh?[/SBRv]

??. I don't want to talk about any Roman head-kicking palaver pedantry.

• I think Fabregas needs to go. His head is not in the game fully for Arsenal and is not the kind of captain they need.
    I would agree that Nasri was pretty much a half-season wonder.

Arsenal needs a real leader. Maybe Cahill could become that player.

• i saw a story on the guardian site earlier this afternoon that was sub-headed:

"arsenal manager admits one of his priorities this summer is to add tall players to his squad of tiki-taka chokers"

unfortunately this was swiftly removed.

whoever we end up buying/selling, i'm looking forward to seeing us lead the table until january before imploding for the final three or four months of the season.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1392852/Chelsea-target-Neymar-join-Barcelona--Robinho.html

a case of all my worlds colliding
    my favorite young brazilian player Neymar...he just finished beating my wife's team (she has only one) Cerro Porteno...then he is getting career advice from his current team's former player robinho (of all people) about not going to chelsea to join barcelona...
    can't wait for august!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    So what exactly is the downside to storming out of the FIFA cartel?

Work dudes saying we wouldn't be in teh world cup.

"So what?" says I.

Seems I was the only one out of about 40 desk jockeys who thinks missing out on 4 games of humiliation every 4 years is a small price to pay for standing up for principles*

That FIFA really is some rotten borough though. Time, money and lives are wasted hunting down the likes of OBL and Gadaffyduck, when more worthwhile targets like Blatter and LOLable dudes from Benin, Congo and Arrr-hen-teenah are ripe for the target practice.

*although noting our FA did FA about those principles while it still believed it was in with a shout for the WC bid. Cunts.

skel said:

*although noting our FA did FA about those principles while it still believed it was in with a shout for the WC bid. Cunts.

Exactly. The English FA provided critics ammunition on the sour-grapes angle. The Dutch called it right when they pulled out of the running before the results. More countries should have followed their lead, including the FA.

World Cup without England would be a more relaxing event (for all concerned?), but I'm sure the breweries would veto that due to lost sales. And they have a lot of clout.
    Would I personally enjoy the WC w/ less stress? No. The highs & lows, or just the lows when it comes to being an England fan, are part of the tournament. England usually bring some drama to the event, as well as the edge that something might kick off, which is embarrasing, but kind of funny too.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The next FIFA regime needs to take power away from the small nation delegates.

Benin? Congo? Its undemocratic to allow minnows to have the same say as nations with huge fan-base and league structures.

That shit is ripe for corruption and mad power trips, old colonial payback moves and allowing the likes of Blatter to easily build an unassailable power base using grace and favour tactics.

Shame on all the delegates who side with Blatter.
    Our FA is shit, but FIFA are way shittier.

Ultimately tho' I don't care.
    My team are selling Steve Morison. Good move. He was a lazy bastard.

With the season over it's transfer gossip time. Yay.

So Nasri is 'doing a Rooney'. Or he really is thinking about a move to Manure. Or he's just holding-out for more money. I think Wenger should, as JLee said, offload him to Trabzonspor or some place to send out a message.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    We're Man United, we'll sign who we want :lol:

Paul said:
    We're Man United, we'll sign who we want :lol:

While we get some unheard-of French ligue players "with potential". Mind you, if there are any other Arsenal youth players with Wilshere's ability coming through, I'd be happy...

Happier still if Wenger just said screw it, and dropped 30-40 mil on somebody good. Just because I've never seen Arsenal do that, it would be kind of exciting.

That Nasri story was just to confirm that the silly season of transfer bullshit has well and truly kicked off.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Ow-weeeeeeeeeee. I have a new theory. Boycott the FA. Start breakaway leagues in parks with jumpers for goalposts. If the youngsters are really hungry and want to buy their family a Mitsubishi Diamante, they could get scouted by big foreign teams and enter their academies. Thus the cream of English football will be dispersed around the globe, to meet every 2 years for a major international tournament, using all the tricks and skills, and yay total footballing philosophy that the rest of the world seems to be more into.

All the cunts who just like to show up to the local parks once a week to kick shins and swear can join a softball league instead. And use all the empty stadia for It's A Knock Outs to raise cash to buy more soccerball balls.

Problem solved, that will be $45,6759321.24 to my consulting firm por favor.

Just work out how Wenger can stop his team of tippy-tappy bottlers from bottling it every December/January/February. To quote the Guardian.

And your cheque is in the post.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Oh, my bad, apparently (selon Reynaldo) it is all down to dancing. Northern Soul is the culprit. Nobody dances together anymore. Firstly, as my dead grandmother used to say: "how do you expect to meet a nice girl if you don't dance?" Secondly, take away the talcum powder, turn up the house lights, and it's basically a bunch of headless chickens with one or two that sort of have some original moves. "As life so is the football" - Cantona

Duderonomy said:
    Just work out how Wenger can stop his team of tippy-tappy bottlers from bottling it every December/January/February. To quote the Guardian.

And your cheque is in the post.

SNOODS.

Didn't the FA ban snoods (health&safety;-R)?

We're fooked.

b/w

one for Doc McCoy: http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/jun/07/berlin-bars-food-drink-beer

b/w

European goal of the season. Some cracking efforts here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/poll/2011/jun/06/european-goal-of-the-season-poll

My vote went to the Norn Irish flying backheel on the turn into the top corner from 20 yards out.

1st: Fredy Guarin (PORTO v Maritimo) [Also +points for genuine Peter Andre-esque disbelief face]
    2nd: Edison Cavani (NAPOLI v Lecce)

Always been a fan of the TWAT IT approach.

1st: Fredy Guarin (PORTO v Maritimo) [Also +points for genuine Peter Andre-esque disbelief face]

Yeah, I was expecting something more like this

but then it was a Jubilani, so maybe a fluke.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/09/fifa-surinam-fa-bribery-allegations

"We went up to a room and were given $40,000 in a brown envelope with the name of Surinam on it," Giskus told the Press Association. "We were surprised, and asked who the gift was from. Mr Jason Sylvester told us that it was a gift from the CFU for developing football in Surinam. We asked once more and were told it was for developing football in our country and that's why we accepted it.

"I asked if we would get problems with Customs leaving Port of Spain with that amount of money and he [Sylvester] told us there would be no problems. I wrote his mobile number on the envelope so that if there were any problems at the airport we could call it."

That's how they roll.

b/w

All the talk about Arsenal being active in the transfer market this summer, and so far it only involves selling players. First Nasri, now Clichy are targets. Great.

Oh, and I almost forgot about Cesc to Barca.

I'm happy about Ashley Young to United. Nice to see Fergie is making it rain.

We're coming for Samir Nasri next!

• Usain Bolt, good enough for Man.U... Hmmmm

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    We're coming for Samir Nasri next!
    I seem to remember you saying you thought only Cesc was good enough to get any where near the Manure squad. Oh how times change.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Ta for that, Duder. I'll have to check that Leuchtturm place out, as it's in my kiez. That part of Schoneberg (Crellestrasse) is fucking fantastic. There's a bar at the top of the street called Cafe Bohemia which is ace. It stinks of ciggies and the landlady plays Marty Robbins, Guy Mitchell and Perry Como tapes all day. It's got German versions of all those signs you used to see in pubs. like "Free Beer Tomorrow" and "You Don't Have To Be Mad To Work Here, But It Helps!" behind the bar. It's like a German version of the pub in Early Doors.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but I am not all that convinced by Skillmatic.

Half-a-star too many.