Missed Connections/Best Of On Craigslist

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
i read these things at work all day. best of CL is hilarious!!http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/fay/938646501.htmland i wonder if the missed connections ever work?

Comments

• My sister got misconnected, and went on a date with dude.

Said it was nice, and a little weird.

Some crazy sex addict, who could definitely write a bit, did a list of all the girls he slept with on Best of...
    It is funny and really sad, and offers some great insights on sex.

If you search, 'all the women i dated,' you should find it. Deep pathos in thurr...

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/105664235.html

Oh, and my dad almost fell out of his chair reading, 'my mom has the worst farts,' on best of.

• i cant believe i just read that whole thing
    that was incredible and should be published
    or destroyed and deleted in all its forms.
    good god.

• i cant believe i just read that whole thing
    that was incredible and should be published
    or destroyed and deleted in all its forms.
    good god.

Damn, that dude's a f*cking asshole!

• F*ck that is funny and also really depressing.
    I read the whole thing.
    It's just sad, the dude sounds like he preyed on women and never experienced any love and is now resigned and cynical and alone.

• This kid is right now:

Here

and

Here

• Polly - I???m just not ready to say anything here. I???ll give this one sentence and then move on. You are my s****r and that should never have happened.

s****r = sister????

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

s****r = sister????

senior

suitor

savior

nope, pretty sure it's sister

Who goes shopping for a pen? You want a pen, look between my couch pillows

• HOLY MOTHER!! That was incredible!! I have never gasped so much out loud while reading anything...i don't think.....
    I am a trillion times more greatful for my man than i was b4 reading this......so i guess that's a positive!!
    GUys are jerks.......no offense!! ;-)

• Who goes shopping for a pen? You want a pen, look between my couch pillows

Funniest part, right thurr...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    F*ck that is funny and also really depressing.
    I read the whole thing.
    It's just sad, the dude sounds like he preyed on women and never experienced any love and is now resigned and cynical and alone.

For real. It's definitely a funny read, but if it's actually true? Yeesh.

• Who goes shopping for a pen? You want a pen, look between my couch pillows

Funniest part, right thurr...

That shit reads like the outline of a Bret Easton Ellis novel.

• home is where the hat is

• F*ck that is funny and also really depressing.
    I read the whole thing.

For real. It's definitely a funny read, but if it's actually true? Yeesh.

It feels very true, to me... Some of his insights and observations feel like things that you've all thought over the years, but never been able to say...

At the end, he does reach some modicum of personal contentment. I think that is good. But, the image of that lady's holey panties at the end is just so... graphic...

To me, that piece is everything anonymous-confessional-internet writing should be.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

It feels very true, to me... Some of his insights and observations feel like things that you've all thought over the years, but never been able to say...

At the end, he does reach some modicum of personal contentment. I think that is good. But, the image of that lady's holey panties at the end is just so... graphic...

To me, that piece is everything anonymous-confessional-internet writing should be.

Yeah, if it is actually a fabrication, dude is a good writer. Lots of evocative images and candor and sadness.

A lot of guys would cop to blapping a lot of women, but far fewer would cop to blapping a lot of unattractive women for the basest of reasons.

I could have done without the "annoying jap" comment. It was gratuitous and kinda ruined it for me for a minute.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    This kid is right now:

Here

and

Here

brilliant.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Wow. i just read that...

Damn.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    home is where the hat is

After all that, ole girl still wanted to meet up???

I could have done without the "annoying jap" comment. It was gratuitous and kinda ruined it for me for a minute.

Couldn't help but wonder if it was "jap" or "j.a.p." ... although either way
    I guess it isn't really the best expression to use.

• I could have done without the "annoying jap" comment. It was gratuitous and kinda ruined it for me for a minute.

I definitely took it as the latter, in NYC/Hamptons talk. Not that it is excusable, but... I dunno. just feels different...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I definitely took it as the latter, in NYC/Hamptons talk. Not that it is excusable, but... I dunno. just feels different...

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I figured j.a.p. would be written as JAP to connote acronym status, but who knows. I went right to the Japanese slur since JAP doesn't come up much in my local white/goyim experience.

J.A.P. is certainly not as patently offensive (to me, anyway) as "jap," but still, why bring up the jewishness anyway? "You're an annoying princess" conveys the same sentiment.

ok, end of white liberal indignation.

ok, end of white liberal indignation.

Well, the fact that we would argue it says a lot about the
    degree to which we get offened by racism over sexism, huh?

• ok, end of white liberal indignation.

Well, the fact that we would argue it says a lot about the
    degree to which we get offened by racism over sexism, huh?

Seriously. That was probably the least offensive thing in that screed. The guy sounded like a sociopath.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Posted an hour after my gig last night:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mis/2408864538.html

You came into my life a month ago. Our eyes did not meet but a connection was made when you walked by. I stopped dancing to catch my breath. The energy I felt from you penetrated deep into the core of my being. We never officially met that night. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that we finally met. The connection was even stronger this time. I could see myself in you. My reflection was there in your eyes. I wanted to dive into them. Instead I refrained from making much eye contact and dove into my own world, freeing my mind with the music as I danced into the night. Later on, as the rest of the world fell into their sleepy slumbers, I laid awake dreaming about you but I know that I was not the only one who was dreaming under the stars that night. I tried to free you from my mind but I could not. The feeling was too strong. I feel you all around me. I think about you and what it would be like to get lost in your eyes for awhile. I don't know what the chances are that you will actually read this but if you do, I'd like to connect.

It's GOTTA be someone messing with me. I ain't taking the bait!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Herm said:
    Posted an hour after my gig last night:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mis/2408864538.html

You came into my life a month ago. Our eyes did not meet but a connection was made when you walked by. I stopped dancing to catch my breath. The energy I felt from you penetrated deep into the core of my being. We never officially met that night. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that we finally met. The connection was even stronger this time. I could see myself in you. My reflection was there in your eyes. I wanted to dive into them. Instead I refrained from making much eye contact and dove into my own world, freeing my mind with the music as I danced into the night. Later on, as the rest of the world fell into their sleepy slumbers, I laid awake dreaming about you but I know that I was not the only one who was dreaming under the stars that night. I tried to free you from my mind but I could not. The feeling was too strong. I feel you all around me. I think about you and what it would be like to get lost in your eyes for awhile. I don't know what the chances are that you will actually read this but if you do, I'd like to connect.

It's GOTTA be someone messing with me. I ain't taking the bait!

DO IT!!! it might be love

• CousinLarry said:
    That shit reads like the outline of a Bret Easton Ellis novel.

agreed.
    where palahniuk failed ellis could likely redeem.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Herm, what'd you do?