Recommend a Case of Beer

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Heading to the Beer Distributor first time in a long time.

What am I drinking this weekend?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Real Ale's Fireman's 4.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Rick, be a man, get this:

-chad

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    definitely an IPA

i grabbed a single of this:

and
    a 6er of this for tonite:

jaymack said:
    definitely an IPA

:ehhx2:

Never had that Smut House tho. Definitely would give it a whirl.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

-chad

This is how I look after a couple CARLSBERG ELEPHANTS.

As hot as it's going to be this weekend, might pussy out and get some Pacificos and some limes.

RAJ said:

Pacificos and some limes.

This works too.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

I've been drinking this stuff. Ridiculously good.

Been in Louisiana the last few days digging and brought some of this home.

Also picked up a sixer of this but have yet to try it.

This one is a killer Summer beer and profits go to help Gulf Coast recovery from the oil spill. Getting drunk never felt so good.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    A flat of tecate bro.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    BIG>Valeir IPA
    Brewed by Contreras near Ghent in Belgium, this is (according to the Good Beer Guide Belgium) a "double dry-hopped version of the Blond". For lack of a better term one can call it a Belgian IPA.

Pours a cloudy color, almost like a witbier, and is topped with a lot of frothy head. The foam settles slowly into the glass leaving a small blanket over the beer.

Smells very hoppy, like an American IPA, with a lot of citrus and pine - and unmistakable grapefruit. Very refreshing and crisp.

The taste is all at once hoppy-bitter, not as refined and tart as the US IPAs, but settles smooth and slightly sweet. Definitely a summer beer, and one to drink cold. If one word could describe this it would be grapefruit. The yellow sharp tasting variety - which I love - but may not be to everyone's liking. If you do like them, well then this beer will be a pleasure to drink.
    Attached files

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

pointman said:
    ^

I've only had the Hardcore IPA from this brewery (Brew Dog) and that sucked... I mean, don't get me wrong, in the end I still drank every drop of it, but will not do business again.

:hated_it:

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    This provides a smooth transition from winter to summer drinking

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    pointman said:

This shit is barbaric.

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    if you're into IPA's these are my two personal favorites...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Ruination is great.

i had this yesterday. Amazing stuff

high_c said:
    jaymack said:
    definitely an IPA

:ehhx2:

yeah trying it now, not quite my thing.

i second that ithaca flower power.
    and you cant lose with anyhing by Stone. that ruination was like $18 for a 6 pack at my spot. i couldnt do it.

going to the amercan craft beer fest in beantown next weekend w my girl and brother. over 100 diff breweries and more than 500 diff brews. ~!!!!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I work at a French Soul Food spot and was exposed to this recently:

New Orleans styleeeeeeeee.

• Options
    Hmmm, you could get records with that money. But, do your thing.

I've seen the half cans of Bud. I occasionally enjoy a Coors while cooking, or a glass of wine with dinner. If you want something for sipping responsibly, I'd go for a sweet cider.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    high_c said:
    Rick, be a man, get this:

MY SHIT! Been beating out Stone recently as the weather gets warmer.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    pointman said:

I've been drinking this stuff. Ridiculously good.

Huge Cosine.

There's a Stone Brewery growler filling station opening a few blocks from my house. So much for looking good this summer.

Also check out these breweries:

I wasn't even "in to beer" until a whole beer community sprung up right around me. New York Times and Men's Journal named my hood the best craft beer scene in the country.

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    just picked up the bbq trifecta:

Now I'm counting on my guests to bring the fancy stuff

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    god bless quebec and their pursuit of ridiculously cheap beer.

55 cans - $60

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    god bless quebec and their pursuit of ridiculously cheap beer.

55 cans - $60

I wouldn't touch that carbonated piss if you'd pay me $10 a bottle. No offense but where's the point in drinking beer if you can't taste it?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I enjoyed a few of these last night - perfect summer drinking:

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I spent a gorgeous afternoon on the balcony with a bucket full of Weihenstephaner, a Headcheese & Bloodsausage salad on caper vinaigrette, Obatzter with stinky Munster d'Alsace and half a loaf of woodoven crusted ryre bread:

Now I'm going on a date with three cute Belgians:

Then I'll have the dogs take me for a walk through the park so I have time to marinate over the decission if I should go Tequila or Mezcal this evening...

• Options
    leftright said:

YES. A place by me had growler fills of this last year, and one of our bars has it on tap on the regular. One of my favorites. Look into the Superfriends IPA that the same brewery was involved in (5 brewer collabo), if it ever comes out in any form in an area near you jump on it.

• Options
    elise said:
    I work at a French Soul Food spot and was exposed to this recently:

New Orleans styleeeeeeeee.

Don't order a Dixie if you're in N.O. Their factory was flooded by Katrina and subsequently looted, and they've never returned to the city. Not much love for the company down there right now. A friend of mine got sassed hard by a waitress a few months ago when he tried to order one, wound up with an Abita instead (can't go wrong with the Turbo Dog). Dixie is now brewed around the country by contract brewers, I get their six packs once in awhile and they taste different every time.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

one of the best american pilsners i've ever had (not saying a lot. i know)

for something a bit different i highly recommend the red rice. unusual flavor. very refreshing.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Sween said:

Don't order a Dixie if you're in N.O. Their factory was flooded by Katrina and subsequently looted, and they've never returned to the city. Not much love for the company down there right now. A friend of mine got sassed hard by a waitress a few months ago when he tried to order one, wound up with an Abita instead (can't go wrong with the Turbo Dog). Dixie is now brewed around the country by contract brewers, I get their six packs once in awhile and they taste different every time.

Interesting.
    I've never had any Dixie in LA. I find Abita to be amongst the most pleasant US beers. Not a huge fan of the IPA craze. They give me a headache and sometimes even heartburn. They all seem more or less off-balance.

I like this one a lot with my boiled crawfish:

It's a little sweet but that's just right with spicy food.
    The neck of the oversized bottle offers a great grip for slippery crawfish fingers.