May finds

Comments

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Pcmr: nice on that burman nikammaa ost. Field find? I have the 45 only unfortunately. I remember it having a drum break and some other interesting bits and details, but it has been awhile.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yeah in the field cool insert too

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Today when I went out my house I found a single fleamarket stall, who sold some records.#
    Among a lot of terds I found this privste press xian Kraut Rock Psych Lp:

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Todays Trades.

One cool Island funk Lp and some nice 45's

Not seen this one before, great version of Why Don't You Do Right by Mark Murphy. Whoever owned this previously didn't want anyone to know the artist as it's crossed out in pen!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNR3c6V7DbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va6Toqv1a4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwG6ZIafPSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyYVA8pXnxE

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Post End Of The World Finds

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    found a private-ish danish workout record from 1977 on a label i hadnt seen before, pretty cheesy stuff mostly, but have been tempted to do a edit from it for quite a while, so finally this morning i had a bit of time to put it down, check it

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    whatup homeboy haha thanks, yeah that might be do-able, just ending it with her saying skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op skr??t op and then at some point fading out..

anyways, you dont remember, but i spun that joint at kalasset, customers and bartenders were looking at me like wtf, i was trying or more like struggling to eq it, cause it didnt sound right out the speakers, plus the orig version is plus 50% cheese music, did not spin that record out after that first run, guess the edit is a way of getting back at the track haha..

• I picked up an Akai DS4000 MkII plus a box full of old reels for 25 this morning.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Spent $15 at the opening of the Artform Record Store in DTLA last night:

The Messengers: Is It Because I'm Black / Just Like A Shelter
    Augustus Pablo: Jughead / Big Thing
    Matata: I Feel Funky / Want You

Much of the store stock is from the collection of BLACK DYNAMITE soundtrack composer Adrian Younge (dreadlocked dude in first pic), and the party was real fun complete with DJs, full bar, free pizza, and dudes getting their hair cut in front of a mirror decorated with a Schoolly D promo pic.

:bizzo:

• WOW...one of these random reels is full of radio rips from WOOK in Washington DC from the late 60's...they had a giveaway for "the newest coolest car"...a 1968 AMC Javelin.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    tripledouble said:
    InnerSpace said:
    Judy Bailey - Colours (Minty)

thats probably the best record ive heard from australia

I'm close to agreeing except I'm a Sven Libaek fan. Hence the name "Inner Space". Colours is ridiculous though. "Eleven Eight Song" just blows my mind.

Its a great aussie album, but there are quite a few records i would put way above it

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i might have been throwing around praise a little easy. but then again, im not that deep with my down under knowledge.

in other news, i was absolutely siked to pull 3 stock copies of "i believe in miracles" (jackson sisters, not the older joint) for less than a dollar each. also finally got the roberta flack wine album, kole and param, and 2 buckingham LPs (which i always slept on). plus like fifty other records to sell. good weekend!

the_dL said:
    InnerSpace said:
    tripledouble said:
    InnerSpace said:

I'm close to agreeing except I'm a Sven Libaek fan. Hence the name "Inner Space". Colours is ridiculous though. "Eleven Eight Song" just blows my mind.

Its a great aussie album, but there are quite a few records i would put way above it

Which ones?

the_dL said:
    InnerSpace said:
    tripledouble said:
    InnerSpace said:

Which ones?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    probably deserves its own thread, and is also open to the obvious subjectivity that every one will have varying opinions, but off the top of my head and excluding anything like mainstream like AC/DC, Crowded House etc, John Sangsters Hair has always been a favorite of mine, Syrius Self Titled, Sven Libaek Boney/ Sloar Flares etc , Sue Barker self titled, Skylight just to name a few

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Keepers from the last couple months:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    great find cpeetz
    big dig related?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    That Rotaru is probably my favorite cover ever, sartorially speaking. It's a nice dress.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Kriegel and Peacock side by side made me happy for some reason.

By the way is that an OG Missing Link? Did it set you back much? I've had the late seventies (black label) press for ages. Love it.

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    cpeetz said:

Were'd you find that Mansion LP?

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    cpeetz said:

what's inside the Red Greg disco sleeve??

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    meistromoco said:
    cpeetz said:

Were'd you find that Mansion LP?

Dope African finds. I love that Funkees LP. I need to upgrade my copy at some point

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    Cosmophonic said:
    By the way is that an OG Missing Link? Did it set you back much?

i like this album (especially the tracks where he plays acoustic) but the og can actually be had fairly cheaply- for about $20 or so. when i was in germany a few years ago it felt like every second record shop had an og of this record.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    A late trip to the flea market after a wasted morning turned out well last Saturday. One seller getting rid of his records minus his Beatles albums which he was keeping. 2011 has been good to me so far.

and the sealed ones

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    pcmr said:
    great find cpeetz
    big dig related?

A few from the Big Dig, there were a lot of great 45's at the show so that's what I picked up mostly.