May finds

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Bought this and a Beatles Butcher cover for $20.00 yesterday.....apparently this is the rarer of the two.

http://www.popsike.com/King-Crimson-Islands-MONO-DJ-WLP-Copy-1972-Gatefold/4752777976.html

• MiddleDeanMiddleDean 68 Posts
    Thank you Seattle

Grateful
    Attached files

Attached files

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Lovelites.... nice find!

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

PS: MiddleDean...good find on the Lovelites. Too bad some tool decided to write "Good Samples" on the cover! WTF

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    fckvwls said:
    Jamal,

There are lots of issues wrt bolly records. The covers and music are awesome for sure and are def eye candy if you get the right osts. Some covers can fool you w great mod art, and then have dull derivative music.

India is a country w weather conditions that are not conducive for vinyl preservation. Most sellers on ebay slang tattered copies of records that sound like theyve been skated on asphalt. Lots of soundtracks get comped for the one instrumental 'title music' track, but the rest of the album may contain nothing but traditional music.

As for whats the rarest, a lot of osts would be destroyed if the movie was a flop, so any rare scores from the 60-70s can go for loot. Some examples: doctor x, bhoot bhangla, saas Bhi kabhi bahu thi, jaise ko taise, mr romeo, naya nasha ep,

Just got a bunch of records from India - my first time ordering from there - and their VG+ is like a VG- at best from anywhere else. Its like thats the best they ever see or something so it gets bumped to the top of the grading scale. Good music but I now have a much better idea of what to expect in terms of condition if I ever order agian.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    I hear ya. I actually prefer dealing w uk, dutch, canadian, and if i can find it american dealers. Much better condition of records and covers. Every dealer on ebay from india claims their shit is vg+, meanwhile soundclips they post have skips and the covers have all seams taped. While digging over there this past winter, found a lot of great shit, unfortunately condition of a lot left much to be desired. Still there are a few decent dealers online etc who have quality osts but their prices are a little absurd. I see a lot of similarities between brazilian dealers and other south american countries.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    wow looking like another amazing month for finds, you guys have the golden touch.

heres what ive been digging up from various sources...

^ pulled the barclay james harvest for the superior turtleneck style, stayed with it for some good music

^Canadian OG fats lp #1

^enjoy 12" is superappin', first time ive found it on 12" (found 7"s before)

^ all sweet 1st presses

^always wanted a butcher cover i could actually see (have had a pounded "2nd state" mono for years from a garage sale), negotiated this out of an older collector for a bill. its neat because its stereo (harder to find by far as i understand it) and the glue thats still on it could be removed, which would reveal a pretty much nice cover. i hope.

^ that nancy and lee "again" is the shit. love it.

^ savoy is Romanian(?) pop/rock/??? i like it.

^missed out on the Beach boys 78, a luckier friend sent me his spare copy. the tiny records are " Mighty Tiny" yet another weird short lived format. they snapped into a larger ring to play them.

Nice finds K....that Battle Of The Blues is sick and I had never seen that Doctor Ross on Fortune until the ARC Show a few weeks back and here's one in the shrink!!

Killin' It.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:

PS: MiddleDean...good find on the Lovelites. Too bad some tool decided to write "Good Samples" on the cover! WTF

OG Wayne McGhie?!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Nice finds K....that Battle Of The Blues is sick and I had never seen that Doctor Ross on Fortune until the ARC Show a few weeks back and here's one in the shrink!!

Killin' It.

damn... a 'killin it' from Rock....thank you - i feel like ive reached a strut milestone....seriously!

i didnt know the battle of blues was on the hard to find side till i got it home and got my eyes opened. same for the Doctor Ross. I was just doing "instinct pulls"... im just glad my instincts are improving.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    shit karlo, your instincts beeen good. plus you pull so many damn records, its a cant miss combination!

havent posted in a bit, here are some recent things.
    the 12s are Jazzy Jay in the studio promo and a
    Deep Cover 12 (i think its og, but im not sure how to tell...didnt have the sticker sleeve).
    Byrdie Green was a loooooong time want and i got it for $40.
    michigan and Smiley are always welcome in my house
    im not too up on Johnny Colon, but that shit has some real nice joints on it
    Art Reynolds is gospel with a classic break/dope song
    strung out is essential if anyone isnt sure whether to look for it.
    stylistics is allll over philly, but its rare to find clean copies
    valley of sound is a rare break record, local to this area, that ive never had a copy of, so thats good (though its vg)
    the one next to it is an ultrasound label joint (same as aeiou) with 2 breaks and a great cover

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Congrats on the Byrdie Green! That's dope. #1 want status

karlophone said:
    Rockadelic said:

Killin' It.

damn... a 'killin it' from Rock....thank you - i feel like ive reached a strut milestone....seriously!

i didnt know the battle of blues was on the hard to find side till i got it home and got my eyes opened. same for the Doctor Ross. I was just doing "instinct pulls"... im just glad my instincts are improving.

I guess the grass is always greener...I always look at your finds and feel like a little dude.

Love Spring!

Grateful
    Attached files

Has anyone seen this Royalaires before?

Thanks
    Attached files

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    stopped by a little market with record stalls on the way to work this morning - good call

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few field finds and a few trades from the past 2 weeks.

^^^ The Chi-Lites - Are You My Woman

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    Judy Bailey - Colours (Minty)

Music of Cleopatra of the Nile (Sealed)

Charles Lampkin - Singers in the Dusk

People - S/T (Tejano funky disco greatness)

Little Joe - Total (in all his badness) (this came in a batch of 100 more Tejano albums)

This morning at a deceased barbers' house

Repro Rubens

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Just pulled this about an hour ago. A classic case of being at the Right Place at the Right Time.

Breez said:
    Just pulled this about an hour ago. A classic case of being at the Right Place at the Right Time.

Nice pull! I love my copy. Probably my most listened to album.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    InnerSpace said:

Wow! Great finds! What's this one like?

leon said:
    InnerSpace said:

Wow! Great finds! What's this one like?

I listened to it on youtube (I haven't cracked the seal yet). Great eastern jazz album that is somewhat controversial about whether it is early Sun Ra or not. Sounds like it could be, never the less it is beautiful and has that early Sun Ra touch to it. I am leaning towards him helping compose some of the tunes. No credits about the musicians on the album.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    I thought salah ragab was rumored to be on that session as well?

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    Breez said:

damn.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    fckvwls said:
    I thought salah ragab was rumored to be on that session as well?

That's what i heard/read as well...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    InnerSpace said:

thats probably the best record ive heard from australia

tripledouble said:
    InnerSpace said:

thats probably the best record ive heard from australia

I'm close to agreeing except I'm a Sven Libaek fan. Hence the name "Inner Space". Colours is ridiculous though. "Eleven Eight Song" just blows my mind.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i thought my Barbosa for 1$ was a good pull

Paunetto/Mulatu are reissues, The african songs has an incredible blues guitar track