Manolo Guardia - Can-Dom-Be! Wanted

georgeibrahimgeorgeibrahim 676 Posts
edited May 2011 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I am very much after a nice copy of this incredible album - probably my favourite Latin Jazz record ever. If anybody can hook me up at a (semi) reasonable price or wants to trade please get in touch!

Comments

• magsonjazzmagsonjazz 134 Posts
    There is one on Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/MANOLO-GUARDIA-GRUPO-DEL-PLATA-AFRO-LATIN-JAZZ-LP-/110681858430?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19c527217e

Also, there are 2 slightly different versions of this LP. The Argentine press on Fermata has some of the tracks from this LP and then has a few other different tracks. Worth picking up both copies.

Be warned though, pressings are not great on either version. I did have a spare of each a few years ago but they flew out and they were double the price of this one.

• SoundclashSoundclash 77 Posts
    Yeah, I have also been keeping an eye on this album for quite a while now and the price of this copy seems very reasonable.
    One of the stand out tracks, "Negro en Sol Menor", is also available on a 7" by the way...

• Thanks for the replies guys. I saw that copy on ebay, but was a bit put off by the LP condition - I might ask for some more information from the seller though. I haven't heard the tracks on the Argentine press, will search for them too!

Is that the 7" that has the same red sleeve as the full album Soundclash?

No, it features the same illustration but the background color is white, not red. I??ll try to upload an scan of it later. Peace. Javi

Sorry, I mixed up covers... the one with the illustration and the white background is another Daniel Lencina I also have. My copy of Manolo Guardia 7" comes in a generic Fermata jacket as you can see in this picture I??ve just taken:

Good luck in the searching...

• Thanks for the info Soundclash, will keep my eyes peeled.