The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Cam 1st?
Say what?
b/w
shockeur

Comments

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    Jake Locker to the Titans @ 8 with Gabbert still sitting in the green room!! Thats a shocker

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Gabbert's overrated. He ain't gon' be sheeit. Meanwhile, Niners pick Aldon Smith?
    Niners fans, you are allowed to weep softly into your pillow now.

Jake Locker isnt in for much of a NFL career either.....very strange pick

still don't know what to make of Denver going Von Miller at 2. The Broncos are going back to a 4-3 so I thought Dareus was the logical pick, not a 3-4 OLB

......Gabbert to Jacksonville!!! Adious Garrard

• Julio Jones to Atlanta?! "Ryan to Jones" is going to be a common-heard phrase for some time.

• Options
    This is one of MY high holy days.

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Mark Ingram and Suzy Colbert shared a moment of reality television emotional script reading and manipulative personal theatrics. The kids dad is in jail, there were storms in Alabama, and Mark Ingram cries a lot, so why not read an email from his dad right after he gets drafted. Is this how parents communicate with their kids now, by sending emails from jail to ESPN to be read on live television for a reaction shot of a tough young football player crying? Now lets cut to "news" about Reggie Bush sending a tweet about leaving New Orleans, followed by a montage of the Superdome......

• Dalton to Cincy. Bye, bye Carson?!

• trzakhstan said:
    Mark Ingram and Suzy Colbert shared a moment of reality television emotional script reading and manipulative personal theatrics. The kids dad is in jail, there were storms in Alabama, and Mark Ingram cries a lot, so why not read an email from his dad right after he gets drafted. Is this how parents communicate with their kids now, by sending emails from jail to ESPN to be read on live television for a reaction shot of a tough young football player crying? Now lets cut to "news" about Reggie Bush sending a tweet about leaving New Orleans, followed by a montage of the Superdome......

U mad doggy?

Saints Super Bowl in 2011 is what's up. Emotion fuels our team.

• That Mallett to the Patriots deal was a good move. Learn under the tutelage of Brady, have himself a slice of that Belichick humble pie and when his number is called he'll be in a better position than SOME of these other quarterbacks thrust into the starting position.

I'm still in shellshock that Jake Locker went to the Titans and Julio Jones is now a Falcon.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't think Mallett will be good in the NFL. Great arm, but can't move, bad attitude, and 5c brain.

• The_Non said:
    I don't think Mallett will be good in the NFL. Great arm, but can't move, bad attitude, and 5c brain.

I think that he can be good and if he takes instruction in a New England locker room well, he WILL be good. He doesn't need to move around much because he has that arm on him. As for that attitude, I think that him being drafted so far from the first round was the kind of humbling moment he needed.

• But with Brady coming out and saying that he's not going anywhere and that he'd like to play 10 more years, will Brady experience a Bledsoe moment soon?!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Seahawks fucked up. D-grade shit.

• luck said:

yeah. and Cardinals taking a RB in the second round was beyond dumb.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I don't see any of the quarterbacks taken in the first round making much of an impact in the pros. Could be wrong, but I wouldn't be comfortable spending first round money on any of them. Gabbert is easily rattled and throws a bunch of picks, but probably is the best pro prospect. Locker is inconsistent to the point of being inaccurate. Newton needs to spend a few years in federal dogfighting prison if he wants to mature into the next Michael Vick. And Christian Ponder? It's difficult to understand how that pick got the green light from anyone. I would have taken Andy Dalton over him.

Luck - what specifically about the Seahawks draft do you think put the egg in the mouth?

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Andrew Luck blows the doors off compared to Ponder, Locker, or Dalton. Whichever team gets him next year is lucky he wasn't there this weekend. The fans in Mizzou couldn't care less about Blaine Gabbert walking away after a mediocre year in their offense. Watch out for the immobile pocket passers, Mallett in NE and Stanzi in KC, could develop into something in a few years.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    But with Brady coming out and saying that he's not going anywhere and that he'd like to play 10 more years, will Brady experience a Bledsoe moment soon?!

There's a lot of talk around the Boston sport scene that Belichik may be planning to go the Cassel route with him???develop him under Brady and Belichik's tutelage, then trade him to a QB-hungry team for a brace of draft picks. Belichik stockpiles picks like a true grippeur.

luck said:

even Nick Saban couldnt believe it when they drafted Carpenter in the 1st.....anyone catch his reaction on tv?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Mallett was not clutch in college. You hear him talk and he sounds like an idiot's idiot. Meh. Not one to question the Hoodie but that is the ONLY situation in which maybe that goofball (RM) can succeed.

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Mallett was not clutch in college. You hear him talk and he sounds like an idiot's idiot. Meh. Not one to question the Hoodie but that is the ONLY situation in which maybe that goofball (RM) can succeed.

He seems like a shy country kid with a little Eminem fandom going on:

At least he's not dropping the J bomb in every other sentence.