BOSTON/JP RECORD SWAP 2011: TOMORROW, 5/22!! DON'T MISS OUT!!!

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central

yeah yeah ANNOUNCEMENTS section but I'll do it proper up in there this is just a place to get a ROLL CALL and post pictures of a faded and jaded AxeFoley after the swap is done. As of now the plan is MAY 15 (sunday) with the 22nd as the rain date. y'all know the drill but if any youngbloods are on the lurk anybody is welcome to set up and sell, just let me know first so I can keep track and make sure there is room, and I don't ask any payment except that you bring some beer/wine/nitrous tanks for the pile, and hopefully have a beer with me before noon. my house and front yard are right on the main drag of my neighborhood, which is hipster/student/yuppie central, and with the word of mouth on this sale lately, you will have chance to unload a decent amount of records, trade records with (mostly) non-douchey collectors, and have a pretty good time doing it. you might even fall in love.

HOLLER

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    [As of now the plan is MAY 15 (sunday)

Boston dudes!

I think I am actually going to be in your city that weekend!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I believe I will be back in town too to celebrate a belated Mother's Day. I might could have to make my way out. LET'S DO THIS.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I may make a trip up.... Roadtrip excuse related.

• I may be back up there as well on May 15. HEAVY struttin'...

RAJ said:
    I may make a trip up.... Roadtrip excuse related.

You should???Boston is beautiful in mid-May. Of course, as an ex-student, I'm sure you remember those gorgeous end of semester days well.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    You already know i will be in the house selling Gospel/Soul raer. Can't wait, last year was insane.

peace,xavier

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    whoa - Raj, Faux_Rillz and an OG Boston Strut Crew reunion??

where the man Lambert at? I know Keith is up in this. Ivan gonna be in town?

I heard some NYC crew is coming up to at least trade if not sell, too.

shit is starting to get

• yes please!
    will be attending with a bag of trades this year.
    asaf

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    hmmmmmmmm....

What time would we have to get there in order to get the best chud pitch? Like aren't you Boston guys up really early on Sundays to go buy your NYT and bagels?

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    YUP YUP

SportCasual said:

What time would we have to get there in order to get the best chud pitch? Like aren't you Boston guys up really early on Sundays to go buy your NYT and bagels?

well, it starts at 11 but anyone that has set up will tell you that I am usually wiping crust from my eyes and carrying boxes out to the yard around 10:57 having been awake for 5 minutes, so reports of "early bird" action are greatly exaggerated. I usually run straight to Dan's boxes to get 1st dibs over there but usually regret missing a chance to sneak peek stuff.

• oh okayyy hope I get to actually make this one

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Can't wait for the JP show. I won't be selling this time around, but I will def be there for trades and shopping and of course beer delivery.

lambert said:
    I won't be selling this time around

Ha ha! I was waiting for that.

Yeah, after Kieths last summer, I haven't restocked at all and I am down to minimal sheer grippage titles. My ikea is bare bones, and dudes aren't really checking for the Shalamar and 50's Cha Cha records that I got left over in my sales crates. I'll defintiely be down for some trades, though

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    lambert said:
    Ha ha! I was waiting for that.

Yeah, after Kieths last summer, I haven't restocked at all and I am down to minimal sheer grippage titles. My ikea is bare bones, and dudes aren't really checking for the Shalamar and 50's Cha Cha records that I got left over in my sales crates. I'll defintiely be down for some trades, though

Alot of my Sales crates will be my friends stuff, raising a newborn is tough business, i haven't been hitting the fleas/thrifts/yard sales like i used to, not saying thats why you haven't been stocking up Dan, but thats my excuse. My trade bag will be full though, lots of goodies, even some 45's (whaaaaaaaa????)

peace,xavier.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    I'm gettin a sub for my radio show so I can make it.

Sounds like it has gotten much better in the past few years that I have missed. Back in 2007, there WERE a few terds:

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

Didn't mean to kill the thread.

I am jealous of all the times I missed out cause of my radio show.

pj4533 said:

I can't view the file, but something is telling me it is a picture dog shit

BOMP

here is the Facebook event page. If you are in the region please forward the invite to friends!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221146811232867

BUMP

... less than 48 hours away! records being priced in piles! trades being set aside! weather report has turned better!!

COME TO THIS SHIT. BRING RECORDS. GET RECORDS. DRINK BEER.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Not going to be able to make it :( We're trying to get our house on the market and way too much to do!

One of these years!

Yeah, I won't be able to either. Tess's brother bought Sox-Yankees tickets for all of us and her mom, so there' no getting out of that one. On the bright side, I will be going to the Sox-Yankees game. Tell err-body I said "woot woot" doe.

sigh.

• amphibiousamphibious 147 Posts
    looks like it might not rain until later? hmmmmm

this is now *officially* POSTPONED until next Sunday, 5/22. the weather has just turned worse and worse and not getting better, with an 80% chance of rain during the scheduled time. I hate to do it but maybe it will mean some people who could not come tomorrow will get to come next week! Holler and I hope this does not cause problems for anyone, believe me today has had me near tears with frustration.

SoulOnIce said:
    this is now *officially* POSTPONED until next Sunday, 5/22. the weather has just turned worse and worse and not getting better, with an 80% chance of rain during the scheduled time. I hate to do it but maybe it will mean some people who could not come tomorrow will get to come next week! Holler and I hope this does not cause problems for anyone, believe me today has had me near tears with frustration.

Tess and I are definitely considering it if she has the day off from work. Twill holleur!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Galactic Fractures will be broadcasting LIVE from the swap this sunday on WMFO, noon-2pm.

Remote broadcast equipment obtained. Turntables & equipment verified.

Its on.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    [threadhijack] since there are so many boston folks in this thread.... if anyone ever has any Boston-area records they want to sell, hit me up! i've got a lot but i'm always looking for more... [threadhijack]

wish i could come (way) up for the swap--one of these days.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    [threadhijack] since there are so many boston folks in this thread.... if anyone ever has any Boston-area records they want to sell, hit me up! i've got a lot but i'm always looking for more... [threadhijack]

wish i could come (way) up for the swap--one of these days.

On that same note I'm looking for a copy of the Doctor Feelgood LP from up that way,