BOSTON/JP RECORD SWAP 2011: TOMORROW, 5/22!! DON'T MISS OUT!!!

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    BUMP - TOMORROW!!! Been pricing records for dayzzzz ... heat is in effect!

don't wake up Monday filled with regret for missing this - JUST DO IT!!!

since soul strut ignored this thread for the most part, y'all get a re-post from Waxidermy :coolsmirk:

"amphibious" were you here? and if so, who were you?

DB Cooper was just as MIA as the REAL DB Cooper!

I haven't done a "finds" post in so long, I kinda gave that up but shit it's my record swap and I'll floss if I want to!
    Got some fantastic records today, a few heavy wants on LP and some killer killer killer 45s!

a gift from DJWillderness:

X, thanks for the kind words and for always having incredible records to trade - and for the nice price on the Lee!

PJ, awesome move to do the show from the swap - it took the whole proceedings to another level ... and you were playing
    total facemelters all day!

Dan you are always the homie. so real. Keith we got some wonder twins action on this shit and form like Voltron every time.
    Big ups to Chris D too. Asaf, thanks for making "big deals" seem so simple and easy. Pete, so glad you & Emma came up and we got to get some dinner and chill out after the madness. Will thanks for the tapes and for hitting my neighbor's car :lol:

And HotGrits - who are you?? I'm sure we met but not by your waxi name!

here are some photo highlights but I made the Facebook photo album public so go here to see 'em all:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1892575046824.101754.1614973207

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Any of you local dudes who missed this, i feel sorry for you. I can't believe the level of raer i got................... i got one of the best unknown gospel soul lp's ever, it's an Ohio thing presented by the state fair in 76', insane. Got an amzing HSE relese i've never seen before. Jay Mitchell w/ "Mustang Sally", Kris and Jerry, Johnny Zamot, Jazz In Focus on Hoctor, Mike James Kirkland, Mitch Mitchell 45 on Prix for free from the hommie Asaf. My Hank Williams exploito lp, A E I O U, Sunrise LTD, Ted Coleman Band etc..................Holy shit. I'm taking a few weeks off from records, i bought enough stuff to hold me over for quite a bit.

Mark, you fucking rock dude, our two trades took a total of like 10 seconds. You deserve more than a 12 dollar record, i'll have to throw something cool your way next time i see you at Reids.

Dan, you're one of my favorite local dude to deal with, our trades are always super fun and you hooked me up with 4 long time wants, sorry i only got you 1.

Asaf, dude we gotta hang in n.y real soon, your prices were insanely fair and you straight up gave me 4 soul 45's that all rocked. That gospel lp will indeed probably get you a christmas card, i hope that African lp i traded you sells for crazy money, or at best i hope you end up keeping it and loving it.

PJ, i didn't say a word to you other than ''Holy shit, did you get that Ambassadors lp today????" but you KILLED IT on the show, we were all looking at eachother like, "he brought some fucking crazy records to play".

Will.........you're the hommie and a real friend, no business, nothing RR to it, i consider you a FRIEND.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    since soul strut ignored this thread for the most part, y'all get a re-post from Waxidermy :coolsmirk:

DB Cooper was just as MIA as the REAL DB Cooper!

Tess and I were looking at the pics on Facebook and were so bummed we weren't there. The she was all "We need to tell M*** and S**** to come visit us." So, yeah. Come visit us, foolio!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Looked like a good time!

On that Turnarounds pictured above, I had that record for years before I flipped it over...amazing psych soul track on the flip...can't believe I slept for so long.

• amphibiousamphibious 147 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

I was indeed, definitely scored some heat, I'm a shave headed dude with glasses (not exactly narrowing it down), and I think I was wearing a de la shirt. Thanks for hosting the show!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    daaamn. congrats SOI.
    i want that lee moses!

thats the dude who used to work at cheapos? he use to have quantity of the say brother 45. im bummed i never got one

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    tripledouble said:

thats the dude who used to work at cheapos? he use to have quantity of the say brother 45. im bummed i never got one
    yup. wayne the brain aka brotherwayne. all those say brother 45s came out the basement of skippy whites old store that's now the new cheapo locale. that basement was crazy.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

Link to the audio broadcast live from the swap:

http://www.galacticfractures.com/2011/05/live-from-the-2011-jp-record-swap/

spivy said:
    that basement was crazy.

Skippy in the basement (photo from Wayne)

amphibious said:
    SoulOnIce said:

I was indeed, definitely scored some heat, I'm a shave headed dude with glasses (not exactly narrowing it down), and I think I was wearing a de la shirt. Thanks for hosting the show!

ah, I remember the De La shirt .. at first I thought you were this dude I know from a local band but realized you weren't. glad you came out, and got some good records. next time come up and say hi!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    haze25 said:
    one of the best unknown gospel soul lp's ever, it's an Ohio thing presented by the state fair in 76', insane.
    You mean That G*****l T***h record? I was under the impression that folks knew about that one.

I can't think of the last time I saw a picture of anything Boston where the sky wasn't overcast. Shit looks rugged.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    james said:
    haze25 said:
    one of the best unknown gospel soul lp's ever, it's an Ohio thing presented by the state fair in 76', insane.
    You mean That G*****l T***h record? I was under the impression that folks knew about that one.

I can't think of the last time I saw a picture of anything Boston where the sky wasn't overcast. Shit looks rugged.

It is!!!!! Hmmmmm, my google skills aren't up to par with most dudes. By the way, the day before the swap was one of the most beutiful days of the year out here.

To be honest, overcast is the ideal weather for the record swap. We've held it on days where the sun was out and beaming and there was serious concern of melting records ... and nasty sunburns. In fact, it's why I hold it earlier now (May) than I did before (June).