No more FourLoko or Joose in my hood!

2»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    thrope said:
    so the FDA kicks things into high gear for some banning, and 4Loko announces they will drop the 'energy' portion of their product.

Exact same thing that happened a few years back with Sparks, no surprise

• HOTSOUP said:
    Four Loco is no joke folks. Say what you will about the taste, but one can has the caffeine equivalent of a six pack of diet coke and the alcoholic content of a bottle of wine. Shit I've been known to drink an espresso or two before a night out, but the 22 oz size of the can is deceiving., and its buzz = funky blackout.
    I think they should reduce the size of the cans, it would solve the majority of the issues, and make it more difficult for the homeless on my block to pass it off as Arizona Iced Tea.

yeah I thought it was Arizona Ice Tea the first time I saw it!

• edpowers said:
    drank a 1/2 can of LOKO ...shit gave me the worst headache..to go along with a mild case of the shits.....Sparks > FourLoko

All the more reason not to drink it..LOL

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Is this stuff banned everywhere now? they have a ton of it up at the local gas station, did they come back out with a new version?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thanksgiving a few weeks later.
    A bunch of our teen/young adult friends were there and some of them go to school in Washington state.
    So I asked what they think.

They generally thought it was being abused, and the ban was ok with them, but people will find something else to abuse.
    Then I reminded all the old folks of all our crazy nights drinking Irish and Spanish coffees.
    Then I noticed they had a CHOCOLATE FLAVORED BOTTLE OF WINE on the table!

In the end we agreed people shouldn't drink processed corporate marketed alcohol drinks, but caffeine and alcohol go together nice if you like that kind of thing.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    man, that was deep.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You sound sober.