No more FourLoko or Joose in my hood!

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I think this is a good move by the liquor control board.........

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013395010_drinkban11m.html

Comments

• Options
    Time to load the boat. I'm about to score me a truckload of that fruitpunch Joose, make some memories up in here.

• Let's start runnin to Seattle. 4Loko $20 a can, yeah!!!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    I think this is a good move by the liquor control board.........

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013395010_drinkban11m.html

Channy State!

I think it's a power move by the WSLCB, all puffed up by their victory last week (apparently we want to stay with our Prohibition-Era/East German-style liquor setup?)...

weak.

Do your job and keep it out of kids' hands, if it's so bad for kids. The same specious argument, over and over.

It's class warfare, and it's silly. So weak, so predictable. Get me outta here!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I can only think of one reason this stuff should be banned.

It tastes like ass(at least the Watermelon one does).

• yeah i read about this yesterday on CNN i dont agree with the banning, um not much of a drinker and i dont even think you can get the stuff in my neck of the woods, they blamed the partial banning on the fact that it is being marketed to kids because of the fruity flavours, the dudes/dudettes were mixing the shit with more booze and underage from what i remember reading in the article, that to me sounds like the problem not what they were actually drinking

so banning the drink isnt fixing the problem at all and what about all the other drinks out there that are fruity or tropical flavoured are they all marketed to underage drinkers as well..strawberry daiquiri's anyone?

i am sure this ban isnt going to effect bars that offer mixed drinks of redbull and vodka and other energy drink with booze

what about my hot chocolate and baileys i have on the weekends...isnt that in the same catagory..

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Don't worry kids???Boone's Farm and Mad Dog 20/20 are there for you. May I suggest Kiwi Lemon?

• The_gaffler is gonna be fucking pissed.

b/w

All the controversy makes me want to actually try it and get smashed, although I feel like the hangover from this shit will be epic.

Bonus Beat: Chan, your boy Frank Bruni reviewed it for the Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/31/weekinreview/31bruni.html

• Garcia_Vega said:

All the controversy makes me want to actually try it and get smashed, although I feel like the hangover from this shit will be epic.

yeah i hear that...i have no clue how i could even get this stuff even if i tried...

Garcia_Vega said:

Seriously. Sugar plus booze equals pounding headaches.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I've never protested before, but if this happens in NY, I'll brave the cold.

• DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

Seriously. Sugar plus booze equals pounding headaches.

Its more the caffine that has me a little shook, all booze has sugar in it. But fuck it I think I'll try it anyway. Look out for police reports of shenanigans along the Gowanus Canal.

• Woimsah said:

Schumer wants the SLA to ban it, start stocking up.
    Also, please tell us about some your good times on four loko.

A bunch of kids at my home last Friday night were drinking this shit and I had to try it to see what the hubbub was.

Tasted like crap, so much so that I couldn't drink a full can.

And I grew up drinking Tango and Boone's Farm

Our society is in love with Teh Ban.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    drank a 1/2 can of LOKO ...shit gave me the worst headache..to go along with a mild case of the shits.....taste wasn't so bad...kinda like carbonated ThunderCisco with a hint of ginseng........i do support teh ban...kids have no business drinking it and only a child would buy this more than once.

Sparks > FourLoko

Garcia_Vega said:
    Woimsah said:

Schumer wants the SLA to ban it, start stocking up.
    Also, please tell us about some your good times on four loko.

I'll get into a fistfight with Schumer then.

Honestly -- the times I've had drinking Four Loko aren't that amazing. I say this in all honesty, I shit you not, I just like the drunk. Shit doesn't make me feel all cracked out or anything like that -- I think I'm the only person that it effects appropriately. I just have more energy and a good buzz. It's a complete anomaly.

Also - when I'm the only one feeling like this, the rest of the people around me drinking it are completely tossed, so that makes it more fun.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Don't worry kids???Boone's Farm and Mad Dog 20/20 are there for you. May I suggest Kiwi Lemon?

Orange Jubilee!

Ah, college memories....

edpowers said:
    ........i do support teh ban...kids have no business drinking it and only a child would buy this more than once.

Isn't there already a law in place to keep "kids" from buying it??

DJ_Enki said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Orange Jubilee!

Ah, college memories....

I love the fact that there's a "Red Grape Wine" flavor. I think it's made with pears.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:
    ........i do support teh ban...kids have no business drinking it and only a child would buy this more than once.

Isn't there already a law in place to keep "kids" from buying it??

I guess that explains the "We I.D" sticker

• I think this is a good move by the liquor control board.........

I agree but at the same time people that are so inclined will do stupid shit regardless. Not remotely interest in those drinks however, I was definitely curious about Buckfast Tonic Wine.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Kids are stocking up!!!!!!!! LOL!

Buying rush follows Washington ban on Four Loko

SPOKANE ??? Just hours after Gov. Chris Gregoire announced a state ban on alcoholic energy drinks the Hamilton Market near Gonzaga University in Spokane sold 30 cases of Four Loko.

By The Associated Press
    PAUL SAKUMA / AP

Four Loko, a caffeinated malt beverage, offers a fruit-favored blend of 12 percent alcohol and about as much caffeine as a 12-ounce coffee ??? all packed in a 23.5-ounce can.

SPOKANE ??? Just hours after Gov. Chris Gregoire announced a state ban on alcoholic energy drinks the Hamilton Market near Gonzaga University in Spokane sold 30 cases of Four Loko.

KREM reports some college students are stocking up before the ban takes effect next Thursday.

Gregoire said Wednesday that the caffeine-and-alcohol combination encourages excessive drinking and the fruit-flavored drinks in brightly colored cans are aimed at the young.

Nine Central Washington University students who drank Four Loko were hospitalized after a party.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    :re "teh ban": I see banning these drinks operating by the same logic that you don't see Joe Camel ads in Teen People or whatever.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    definitely went out and got some of this after the stories about it. i'm a lemming i guess. shit was mentioned all over facebook the last couple of weekends, free publicity definitely workin. i've tried like 7 of the flavors. some are better than others. haven't had an uber hangover from it, but never drank more than 1 can. i didnt think the drunk was much dif than drinking red bull and vodkas. i agree with above poster, i'm kinda into the buzz. probably wont drink it anymore cuz i feel like a tool purchasing it.

Amazing.....we can ban a drink that you have to be 21 to buy under the guise of "protecting the kids", yet you can buy "The Pedophile???s Guide to Love and Pleasure" on Amazon.com

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Amazing.....we can ban a drink that you have to be 21 to buy under the guise of "protecting the kids", yet you can buy "The Pedophile???s Guide to Love and Pleasure" on Amazon.com

Not anymore. Teh ban strikes again!

• Four Loco is no joke folks. Say what you will about the taste, but one can has the caffeine equivalent of a six pack of diet coke and the alcoholic content of a bottle of wine. Shit I've been known to drink an espresso or two before a night out, but the 22 oz size of the can is deceiving., and its buzz = funky blackout.
    I think they should reduce the size of the cans, it would solve the majority of the issues, and make it more difficult for the homeless on my block to pass it off as Arizona Iced Tea.

HOTSOUP said:
    one can has the caffeine equivalent of a six pack of diet coke and the alcoholic content of a bottle of wine.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    so the FDA kicks things into high gear for some banning, and 4Loko announces they will drop the 'energy' portion of their product. i definitely just went and purchased more 4Loko's than i've actually drank up to this point.......not sure why, just seemed like the patriotic thing to do.