Strutstep?

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    It???s always changing so much I don???t even know what to look out for anymore. I prefer stuff without the mid-range wobble and more emphasis on subbass and hi-hats. A lot of dubstep producers seem to be moving their sound kit towards a more house-like format, seems to be less of the dub-influenced rhythm??? I think this is called ???post-dubstep???.

Although there's stuff like the Tectonic Scientist Launches Dubstep Into Outer Space comp. I thought that Hyperdub retrospective was decent too - defninitely at the more cerebral end of the genre.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Junior said:
    Others may disagree (Duder, Moke and Ulysses know waaaay more about this type of music) but for anyone interested in the genre I always think the 5 Years of Hyperdub compilation gives a decent starters guide to the scene for anyone interested, at least the head nodding end if not the club friendly stuff. However it did come out a year and a half ago and anything over a week old in electronic music is dated and no longer relevant so probably best not to namedrop it in social circles. Certainly more accurate than a lot of the stuff posted in this thread anyway.
    I agree, good comp. I can't stand the "rave anthem"-dubstep personally (I guess you'd call it "bigroom"-dubstep or something). But zoning out to some quality bass music, hey, I'm all for that. A couple of older (well, by british electronic music standards) faves:

• out-of-touch strut ^^

heres another one i will play next mix, btw when i hear these track and want to play em its also what i make off em in the mix ;)

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Mjukis said:

Joker is awesome....

new tune should be out soon w/ a vocal...

slotbeggazz said:
    out-of-touch strut ^^

heres another one i will play next mix, btw when i hear these track and want to play em its also what i make off em in the mix ;)

wait, can we talk about the new Burial and Coki 12"s?

• p_gunn said:
    slotbeggazz said:
    out-of-touch strut ^^

wait, can we talk about the new Burial and Coki 12"s?

i love em both...but do i need to support the strutter pseudo-"real" anal-ness for anything not directly rooted in the 60s,70s or golden age hiphop or whatever? nah i just post what i like to play

• that last coki 12 was a bit weak imho

• if this doesnt touch you, its golf strut thread or retirement for you imo.

he made a posessed, demonic bitch ;) sound beautiful, kudos to him.

get the 320 for the full effect btw, youtube sucks donkey balls...

• btw ...

#nextlevel

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    slotbeggazz said:
    if this doesnt touch you, its golf strut thread or retirement for you imo.

he made a posessed, demonic bitch ;) sound beautiful, kudos to him.

get the 320 for the full effect btw, youtube sucks donkey balls...

that shit's for pussies. one thing i like about dubstep is that metal vibe

• slotbeggazz said:

really? you really rate this...?

this is textbook soulless, tepid, bandwagon-jumping garbage.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    [Joker is awesome....

yup

Possum Tom said:
    dubstep metal vibe

neil_something said:
    slotbeggazz said:

this "massive attack" style vocal dubstep w/ synthe pads is not really my thing, but if i was to listen to that vibe, i think i'd sooner check for jamie xx or something...

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts
    hi friends check out my latest short quick dirty dubstep mix

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

• p_gunn said:
    neil_something said:
    slotbeggazz said:

this "massive attack" style vocal dubstep w/ synthe pads is not really my thing, but if i was to listen to that vibe, i think i'd sooner check for jamie xx or something...

as with that aguilera song i usually never heard the originals so...this is one of the tracks i play most right now when i have time at home. i couldnt care less what he tries to do or not commercialy or otherwise, he just did a good remix that i like to listen to.

• im all over TEEZA - BOUNCE EP rite now, more grime than step but very worth checkin out. "switch" is bananarama...

slotbeggazz said:
    im all over TEEZA - BOUNCE EP rite now, more grime than step but very worth checkin out. "switch" is bananarama...

grimestrut is indeed a whole nother thread...

that said:

I AM THE FUTURE: TRIM from MTV - The Wrap Up on Vimeo.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    atari step! i don't like alot of this sorta music but this song always stood out to me...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    slotbeggazz said:

^^^ CANNOT HIT A GOLF BALL 100 YDS.

• the homie Quickie Mart from LA jus dropped this, he does some damn good hiphop too ;)

It Just Don't Stop (mix) by Quickie Mart

• golf strut thread rules

• WAIT FOR THE DROP IN THIS BEASTLY MOTHERFUCKER!

• prob more up your guys allies

Summer 2011 Dub Mix by Ciderfex

KANKA and radikal guru never fails

• iDOXiDOX 43 Posts
    i'm surprised there isn't any BLACK OPS thread !!

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    I was elated when I read about Zomby finally getting signed to a proper album deal. This could not have happened to a harder working, nicer, or more talented guy. I hope his recording budget allows him to collaborate with talented singers and musicians, maybe even a full orchestra. Imagine how many game boy games he can buy now. The best days of aquacrunk dubstep wonky 8-bit funk are ahead of us.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    trzakhstan said:
    aquacrunk dubstep wonky 8-bit funk

iDOX said:
    i'm surprised there isn't any BLACK OPS thread !!

:beerbang:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts