K.R.I.T.

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Really dude, I don't even know where you are coming from with this. Down here, we are all like unanimously pleased with KRIT, it def jams in the ride related. Nobody beyond their first cursory listens gives a damn whether Krit may or may not at times sound like someone else. He's got enough stuff out that covers a lot of different ground to the point that such criticisms are merely reaching. You should relax and become reacquainted with good rap music being embraced by real rap people.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Heavy rotation:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mediocre

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    B.A.T.M.O.N.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    deej said:
    u are right but also sell him short

stuff like 'time machine' & 'kings blues' transcend that & are just solid rap jams regardless of influence. he can hit on some touching stuff too. mad overrated bcuz of what he 'represents' but he has made some great music

the t.i. influence was extraordinarily strong on 'the last king' tape --

but imo he's left that behind. he still has the pimp c thing. when he gets 'personal' it tends not to sound too much like pimp tho, cuz pimp wasn't as much of an introvert. krit is less convincing when he gets callous like pimp so he channels dude i think

I agree with pretty much all of this.

I wasn't too crazy about KRIT wuz Here ("why listen to this, when I can listen to x do it better"). But I enjoy this new one a whole lot.

Yes and Yes.

Just to clarify, this is what someone biting Pimp C sounds/looks like...

• KRIT is coming to Ann Arbor this Sunday. Is it going to be as rad as I'm expecting, or what should I expect? Anybody who's been care to enlighten?

• Now everybody in they video doin' the Sweet Jones.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Really dude, I don't even know where you are coming from with this. Down here, we are all like unanimously pleased with KRIT, it def jams in the ride related. Nobody beyond their first cursory listens gives a damn whether Krit may or may not at times sound like someone else. He's got enough stuff out that covers a lot of different ground to the point that such criticisms are merely reaching. You should relax and become reacquainted with good rap music being embraced by real rap people.

couldnt have said it better

on that note:

• btw all i care about is gettin hiphop back to its positive roots so thats why i said "truth"...i sure hope he will be.

• "What's ketp in the dark..."

• faux_rillz said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    faux_rillz said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    hogginthefogg said:
    You don't hear a whole helluva lot of Tip in his music?

In a vague, they're both from the Souf sorta way, yes. But beyond that, no. I think Krit naming UGK, Scarface, 8ball and MJG, and Three 6 Mafia in Dreamin' covers it a long way before TI ever comes up.

That's exactly the problem with this dude--his music is a poorly executed facsimile of stuff those dudes were doing ~15 years ago.

It is totally derivative and really no better than that of NYC-oriented backpackers.

I cannot imagine sitting around and listening to this stuff. Boring. I am surprised you ride for it, Robert.

Color yourself extremely out of touch. I, and many others, know exactly what we like from rap music, and Krit delivers it on all cylinders.

LOLOLOLOL

*shits a giggle*

• I'm finding it hard to get excited over this. I'll keep an open mind.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    harvey what do you mean by real rap fans? spell that out for me idgi

deej said:
    harvey what do you mean by real rap fans? spell that out for me idgi

The intended market.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    which is ....

• fuck a market...lotsa different ppl will buy this...

deej said:
    which is ....

Trill mufuckas.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    deej said:
    which is ....

Trill mufuckas the blogosphere

faux_rillz said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    deej said:
    which is ....

Trill mufuckas the blogosphere

See, that's where y'all are getting things confused. Maybe Krit has or will be able to earn some crossover attention due to the internet bigging him up. But before any of that, the skreets down here are resolutely holding it down for him.

spoonietee said:
    KRIT is coming to Ann Arbor this Sunday. Is it going to be as rad as I'm expecting, or what should I expect? Anybody who's been care to enlighten?

"This is my house, man, and I had to hand it over to Krit tonight."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    "This is my house, man, and I had to hand it over to Krit tonight."

Didn't you recently complain that Bun was rendering himself irrelevant by cosigning garbage?

Not saying KRIT is garbage, but a Bun B cosign--or that of any rapper, really--doesn't mean much.

I posted it for the Warehouse Live cosign moreso than the Bun B cosign.

• cant wait for that trae...

dont care too much for a bun cosign either but it gets the needed painstream listens...

• Saw KRIT with Freddie Gibbs and Smoke DZA last night. Great show. KRIT's set was kind of short but he definitely killed it. Most of the crowd even had some of his more obscure tunes memorized, surprising but very cool.