No one's posted the Mr. Cee story??

Comments

• Herm said:
    unfortunately this music we love does very little to help the situation.

to put it extremely lightly

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all are overdoing it, as usual. At worst, shit is funny to some. Nobody in hip-hop is going to be trying to hurt anybody over this.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but the privacy issue kinda goes out the window when you're getting head from ANYone in a parked car in a manhattan street during rush hour.

Edit: allegedly

get a room related.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Herm said:
    Breez said:
    faux_rillz said:
    his sexuality has nothing to do with his status as a rap legend.

And yes, this I agree with this wholeheartedly. I would think any reasonable person would. Sadly, there are a lot of unreasonable folks in the Hip Hop community.

This is kind of funny since you created this thread.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    jdeez said:
    pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but the privacy issue kinda goes out the window when you're getting head from ANYone in a parked car in a manhattan street during rush hour.

Edit: allegedly

get a room related.

also homie was not under the BQE or something he was down by the piers where vice has been busting people for this shit since forever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Tranny Love is the shit!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    How are you gonna quote me saying dude got arrested (for breaking the law) then end your post insinuating the R. Kelly news is different 'cause he was breaking the law?? Hilarious.

Also, I don't tweet, therefore I don't retweet. Never have never will. I will repost a news story though. If that's perpetuating, then so be it. (In this case I made the OG post from my phone so I couldn't share the actual link, but most people here are smart enough to know I didn't come up with it out of thin air.)

Martin said:
    Herm said:

Dude got arrested and now people in the Hip Hop community are talking about/denying/defending it. At this point that privacy got thrown out the window.

Doesn't mean you need to perpetuate things and play your role in the echo chamber.

Herm said:

This is how things work. I could see your point if I were like "Oooooh girl, you know what I heard from my cousin's sister's aunt's friend??"

Things work that way because people choose to make them work that way. And cousin's sister's aunt's friend is the fucking DNA of twitter!!!! Retweeting bullshit that you have no connection to.

Herm said:

This is in the news! Granted, not in the mainstream news but still. I don't remember you saying "Leave R. Kelly alone, guys!" and complaining about his privacy being invaded. Why is this any different??

This doesn't have to be news at all. R. Kelly was breaking the law with a minor.

Bottom line: Why do you care who touches Mr. Cee's dick? I know I don't.

Dude's getting Teddy Pendergrassed.

• Herm said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Herm said:
    faux_rillz said:
    DELETE

Why post something like this?

Ummm...'cause 1) it's a current event in the news that's Hip Hop-related, 2) most of us are Hip Hop dudes who grew up with, know and love Mr. Cee and 3) sillier less relevant and more "tabloid heavy" news-related events have been posted here throughout the years. Did I really have to explain that?

This is not news; it is an invasion of Mr. Cee's privacy, and his sexuality has nothing to do with his status as a rap legend.

And "other people have done worse" is never a justification for anything.

FAIL

Dude got arrested and now people in the Hip Hop community are talking about/denying/defending it. At this point that privacy got thrown out the window. This is how things work. I could see your point if I were like "Oooooh girl, you know what I heard from my cousin's sister's aunt's friend??" This is in the news! Granted, not in the mainstream news but still. I don't remember you saying "Leave R. Kelly alone, guys!" and complaining about his privacy being invaded. Why is this any different??

I don't expect you to answer that. At this point the thread's started, it has yet to turn ugly (I really don't think it will) and dude's business is out there irregardless.

How is what R. Kelly (allegedly) did, ie. having sex with a child, remotely the equivalent of what Mr. Cee has been accused of? Are you equating being gay with pedophilia, which is some truly deviant shit?

phongone said:
    Herm said:
    Breez said:
    faux_rillz said:
    his sexuality has nothing to do with his status as a rap legend.

And yes, this I agree with this wholeheartedly. I would think any reasonable person would. Sadly, there are a lot of unreasonable folks in the Hip Hop community.

This is kind of funny since you created this thread.

How so? Again, dude got busted and is now in the news for it. THAT'S why I posted it. Not once did I insinuate that he's less then a legend because of any of it. I understand we put people on pedestals but to think we have to ignore or pretend to not notice when that person gets caught doing something they probably shouldn't have been doing is just ridiculous.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Well, that's not exactly what I was saying, although I do agree - the witch hunt aspect of this, or the "gotcha" aspect, is pretty heinous. It's nobody's business how or when a person decides to come out, or if they decide to at all. What I was saying is more that once information like this is out there, I think there are responsible ways to act that could help a lot of kids. Unfortunately I do not think the climate in hip-hop leaves any room for a mature, responsible discussion of sexuality. That's sad.

Dont worry - 50 and Odd Future got the gay rap scene pon lock fi di yout.

Im throwing out all my mr cee rekkids in lieu of these revelations - hommie dont play that - holleur at me on pm if youre in the market for battybwoi vinyl

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    /////
    stays being one of the worst poasters in SS history

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    drbrownscelray said:

How is what R. Kelly (allegedly) did, ie. having sex with a child, remotely the equivalent of what Mr. Cee has been accused of? Are you equating being gay with pedophilia, which is some truly deviant shit?

sex in public is illegal. if my child walked by that car while some guy was getting a fukkin blow job from a male OR female id flip out.

Did you really just make that jump to conclusion?! Like, seriously?? Thinking I'm on some ol' Lil Duvall shit?? (Holmes said gays should have to register like sex offenders do.)

But yeah, you actually think I'm equating gays with pedophiles. Wow. Just fucking...wow.

That's the type of ridiculous assumptions that makes me sad for these threads. No need for me to argue. Think what you want. I'm done with this thread.

drbrownscelray said:
    Herm said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Herm said:
    faux_rillz said:
    DELETE

Why post something like this?

Ummm...'cause 1) it's a current event in the news that's Hip Hop-related, 2) most of us are Hip Hop dudes who grew up with, know and love Mr. Cee and 3) sillier less relevant and more "tabloid heavy" news-related events have been posted here throughout the years. Did I really have to explain that?

This is not news; it is an invasion of Mr. Cee's privacy, and his sexuality has nothing to do with his status as a rap legend.

And "other people have done worse" is never a justification for anything.

FAIL

Dude got arrested and now people in the Hip Hop community are talking about/denying/defending it. At this point that privacy got thrown out the window. This is how things work. I could see your point if I were like "Oooooh girl, you know what I heard from my cousin's sister's aunt's friend??" This is in the news! Granted, not in the mainstream news but still. I don't remember you saying "Leave R. Kelly alone, guys!" and complaining about his privacy being invaded. Why is this any different??

I don't expect you to answer that. At this point the thread's started, it has yet to turn ugly (I really don't think it will) and dude's business is out there irregardless.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Hold on a second - is everyone assuming that getting head from a trans means one is gay?
    I don't know/care about Cee's personal life to know about other rumours, alleged activities, etc., so, taking out the people involved - getting head from a ladyboy does not equal being a homosexual.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'm confused.
    We only talk about music?
    Celebrities lives are off limits on soulstrut?
    Or they are off limits if they might possibly, perhaps, if rumors are true, if trannys count, be gay?

bassie said:
    Hold on a second - is everyone assuming that getting head from a trans means one is gay?

Of course it = gay. This ain't Latin America we're talm bout.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    to continue the r kelly/mr cee pros and cons debate, are there not pee pee allegations around cee as well?

• i think its only a 3 from a gayscale fom 1 to 10.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    I don't know/care about Cee's personal life to know about other rumours, alleged activities, etc., so, taking out the people involved - getting head from a ladyboy does not equal being a homosexual.

This is actually very interesting question which I have absolutely no desire to pursue.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Dude's getting Eddie Murphied.

bassie said:
    getting head from a ladyboy does not equal being a homosexual.

Some of the finest looking women I have ever seen were men.

Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:

I know I said I'm done, but this cracked me up and reminded me of something my Dad said once:

"I'm from Parral Chihuaha Mexico. Where the men are men and the women are too!"

Herm said:
    Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:

I know I said I'm done, but this cracked me up and reminded me of something my Dad said once:

"I'm from Parral Chihuaha Mexico. Where the men are men and the women are too!"

"I'm from Texas where the men are men and the sheep are scared"

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Someone say sheep?

nzshadow said:
    Someone say sheep?

What is the Hip-Hop stance on sheep sex?

I do know that kilts were invented because sheep can hear a zipper from 3 miles away.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Someone say sheep? "I'm from Holland where wood is what you make shoes out of, and we're surrounded by dykes."

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    bassie said:

If you know it's a guy, it kinda does. At the very least it means that you're knowingly engaging in homosexual acts (not that there's anything wrong with that). Maybe Cee didn't know?

DB_Cooper said:
    nzshadow said:
    Someone say sheep? "I'm from Holland where wood is what you make shoes out of, and we're surrounded by dykes."

If Dutch folks "knock boots" wearing wooden shoes can it start a fire??

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    nzshadow said:

If Dutch folks "knock boots" wearing wooden shoes can it start a fire??

Hmmm. Not if the clogs are all soggy from dyke leakage.
    I was wondering, if two American fellas furiously rub their "wood" together, do sparks fly?
    Also, if mr cee had been caught with a sheep, would a pc soulstrut group hug still ensue?