Dustygroove Speak!

13»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    And their grading seems to be intentionally conservative, I would say their VG tends to be more VG+, although not as a strict rule.

Take your finger off of the snooze bar!

Nice one! While their grading these days may not be as baroquely conservative as past efforts, I still received a batch of grooves that was graded honestly to the point of pure soulful expression! A nice package of so-called VG+ yet unplayed 45's, each one a killer chune!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

And their grading seems to be intentionally conservative, I would say their VG tends to be more VG+, although not as a strict rule.

I think it's the luck of the draw. The last 3 used LPs I bought from them were greatly over graded (and, thus, overpriced). Very disappointing since 2 of these titles were purchased as "mint-ups" for my collection, and they ended up being in worse condition than the copies I already had.

SG

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think it's the luck of the draw. The last 3 used LPs I bought from them were greatly over graded (and, thus, overpriced). Very disappointing since 2 of these titles were purchased as "mint-ups" for my collection, and they ended up being in worse condition than the copies I already had.

SG

Yeah, their grading is trash.

They'll call something VG that they really shouldn't even be selling.

• And their grading seems to be intentionally conservative, I would say their VG tends to be more VG+, although not as a strict rule.

SG

Their grading got worse over time, though; when they started their VG was a solid "Ex" in some parts of the world... by the time I stopped fucking with them I had to return three records, marked VG and VG+, that were VG- at best... noisy, deep marks, and priced like they had mere superficial imperfections.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

SG

Their grading got worse over time, though; when they started their VG was a solid "Ex" in some parts of the world... by the time I stopped fucking with them I had to return three records, marked VG and VG+, that were VG- at best... noisy, deep marks, and priced like they had mere superficial imperfections.

That's true; I used to buy from them regularly in the late nineties.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    whoa, wait- Russian squirrel pack kills dog????

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    In once emailed them asking what they meant with baroque and the answer was just as hilarious.
    You should take the time and ask them for an explanation on some of their descriptions, it's funny.