Dustygroove Speak!

Comments

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    FUNKY SET

They always use this one

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    VG- condition, 22 dollars

Nice one!

haha! the only thing more mind boggling than them selling like dennis coffy records for 50 bucks is them selling VG- dennis coffy records for like $39.99

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    A beautiful little soul song from Aloe Blacc -- easily his greatest solo track so far, and a tune that bubbles and burns with a gentle groove -- and which also has a warm lyric that sparkles with a hidden heart![/b] The Latin mix has some nice percussion and piano to liven up the track, and give it some Latiny touches -- but we like the DJ Day mix even more, which is really stripped down, and lets the vocals do most of the work on the cut!

• Nice one!: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

Nice one!: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Nice one!: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

AWESOME! Plaese to add to graemlin list.

SG

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I always wondered who buys from them. I could understand the occasional reish maybe. But VG George Benson's for 18 bucks? No thanks...

I always wondered who buys from them. I could understand the occasional reish maybe. But VG George Benson's for 18 bucks? No thanks...

Guilty as charged...I used to buy used vinyl from them, up until their grading started getting REALLY suspect. Now I only purchase reissue CDs and the occassional sealed OG vinyl from them.

Yeh...I'm a lil dude.

SG

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I feel for it and bought the James Mason reissue before I knew anything about it.
    I was lucky.

I know. Aside from reissues (which they do have NICE ONES!) I'll buy maybe one used record from them a year.

• I always wondered who buys from them.

I'm not too far from them and buy, but have been trading more than anything lately...been unloading lots of doubles that I'm too lazy to ebay or whatever. but yeah, for every $50 Soul Sugar there's a bunch of stuff in the 5-15 that's not outrageous, plus convenient for new releases, etc. but yeah, going to HPR or some of the Clark St places etc puts things in perspective.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1133564673Reynaldo">

Best Batch?[/b]
    A searing batch of grooves!
    A sweet batch of grooves!
    A very tight batch of grooves!
    A wild and wooly batch of grooves!
    A monster batch of grooves!
    A wonderfully eclectic batch of grooves!
    A well-crafted batch of grooves!
    A pretty groundbreaking batch of grooves!
    A blistering batch of grooves!
    An unpredictable batch of grooves!
    A diverse, yet cohesive, batch of grooves!
    A very peppy batch of grooves!
    A mindblowing batch of grooves!
    A stone solid batch of grooves!

INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Three words: folks over seas.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

AWESOME! Plaese to add to graemlin list.

I agree.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

Three words: folks ON DRUGS

A monster batch of grooves!

SG

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I always wondered who buys from them.

I'm not too far from them and buy, but have been trading more than anything lately...been unloading lots of doubles that I'm too lazy to ebay or whatever. but yeah, for every $50 Soul Sugar there's a bunch of stuff in the 5-15 that's not outrageous, plus convenient for new releases, etc. but yeah, going to HPR or some of the Clark St places etc puts things in perspective.

digthis, do you live on the same side street as DG? You might live below my brother......

• digthis, do you live on the same side street as DG? You might live below my brother......

nope, kinda in between neighborhoods over by The Hideout.....

• What's up with $50 for a VG reissue of Billy Wooten! Only on Dusty Groove Not A Good Look

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    What's up with $50 for a VG reissue of Billy Wooten! Only on Dusty Groove Not A Good Look

(Japanese reissue pressing -- very limited, and now waaaaay out of print!)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Winner!

Chune!

A darkhorse contender...

• that is some funny shit!

you guys clown but it is extremely hard to write about music you are selling. i've been doing it a while. it's kind of hard not to find yourself repeating yourself. the words funky, fat and great tend to pop up alot. substitute baroque with funky, stepper with fat and nice one with great and you have dusty groove.

you guys clown but it is extremely hard to write about music you are selling. i've been doing it a while. it's kind of hard not to find yourself repeating yourself. the words funky, fat and great tend to pop up alot. substitute baroque with funky, stepper with fat and nice one with great and you have dusty groove.
    fat? i haven't heard that one in a while

Sounds like you should get Bob Bannister on the payroll.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I always wondered who buys from them.

I hit up the store when I was in Chi, and got some nice stuff. Staying away from the "hot" genres, I got really nice deals on a few 60's Atlantic soul LP's, minty OG's for $10 or less, and a few nice Prestige joints for under $10, too. And the reissues all in one spot before your eyes, instead of the net, is actually pretty satisfying - I grabbed a stack, including a few sealed funk 45 comp LP's for $6 each.

Deals can be had on the website, too. I got a $100 GC a couple Christmases back, and went nuts on the 45's. Stock copies of nice titles for cheap, Tony Borders on Revue, shit like that, for $3 a pop.
    And their grading seems to be intentionally conservative, I would say their VG tends to be more VG+, although not as a strict rule.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Take your finger off of the snooze bar! We never grow tired of this jazzy masterpiece. Quirky electronic bits, percolating percussion, and a elder lion pulled from a batch of mothballs, this funky title has a sound all its own! The original is rarer than men's pleats, but the folks at Past Whirls have lovingly reissued this dancefleur classique for the Hiltontatious collector in us all!

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    And their grading seems to be intentionally conservative, I would say their VG tends to be more VG+, although not as a strict rule.

Take your finger off of the snooze bar!