What band/music t-shirts do you rock?

finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Inspired by the icon t-shirt thread I`m wondering what shirts the strutters might sport.
As we are mostly old fucks I`m not even shure if it`s still acceptable to you to wear band/music t-shirts at a certain age at all.

I still do and have quite a lot of them. My favourites are probably these:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

What do you wear? Rep your "Dilla changed my life" shirts and let the clowning begin! :oh_my:

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im past that phase.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    Just two:

Can - Future Days album cover
    Bad Brains - S/T album cover

• finelikewine said:

-Marvin & Tammi (iron on transfer internet bootleg)
    -Run DMC (no mock up versions tolerated)
    -Public Enemy (stencil letter on front, cross hairs on back)
    -A Tribe Called Quest (El Segundo video intro style)
    -De La Soul (3 Feet font)

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i have been known to wear the the jazz label T, blue note, impulse, verve, black jazz etc. I also have quite a few of the supreme music stuff, coltrane, miles, PE, stax and so on.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    pictures would be great!

• finelikewine said:
    pictures would be great!
    edited/added

that's you in the James Brown shirt? Reminds me of a pal of mine

• Options
    A red white and blue MC 5 t-shirt with the SS (supersport) on it.

A navy The Police one from their latest tour.

A bluecruise long sleeve T.

A Telluride Blues Festival one with an artists playing the harmonica.

A tie dyed Terrapin Station one.

A couple a RR ones (Austin record fair with the records around the world).

And a couple of ones with Kicks on them. (running shoes and high tops)

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    CinisterCee said:
    finelikewine said:
    pictures would be great!
    edited/added

that's you in the James Brown shirt? Reminds me of a pal of mine

me, myself and I

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I actually wear this the most of my current music tees

the other one I wear a bit at the moment is of The Bleeders, a now defunct local punk band.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    batmon said:
    Im past that phase.

lol...

i was at a thrift store in philly recently (i know, batmon, i know...) and saw a miles davis shirt w/ cartoon art ala "on the corner"...

while i love electric era Miles, i decided i didn't want to be that guy w/ the jazz shirt and put it back on the rack...

i have a ton of music shirts but i haven't copped any new ones for a while... partly b/c the whole music t-shirt thing has gotten boring the last ten years w/ repros of old shirts, irons ons of anyone who has ever had even the smallest cult fanbase, and bad brains shirts being sold at urban outfitters... a taiwanese girl i work w/ has this Rough Trade records shirt she wears and she had no idea it was even a record label... "i like how it looks"...

typing this right now wearing a t-shirt from Ernest Tubb's record shop in nashville, road trip souvenir from 2001...

• JamalJamal 410 Posts

verve t shirt at a bboy event

impulse t at sound check

hip hop t shirt at the zoo with my son

blue note tee sound check croft melbourne

holmes said:

the other one I wear a bit at the moment is of The Bleeders, a now defunct local punk band.

hahaha awesome, do you get stopped all the time when you wear it?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Me trashed wearing my Tragedy t-shirt. Tragedy is the number one all-metal tribute to the Bee Gees in the tri-state area.

Here's a video of them being awesome:

I also own a vintage Stooges shirt, a Velvet Underground Warhol tee, the classic Public Enemy shirt, and a Funkadelic joint.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

holmes said:

:beerbang:

Just bought this one. AWESOME!

• RE Shabba:

^ Love the 'Rank' spelling...

G. Issacs, Chalie Chaplin, The West End one above, Paradise Garage, Misfits, 'David Bowie Changed My Life', Young Americans cover--too many to mention.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I wear these the most often

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I'll throw this on once or twice a year. Usually Christmas or Easter.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    the_dL said:

it definitely gets some interesting responses & some serious stares. Lots of "uhhh, you know your shirt is wrong right?", or "hey! Jimi Marley!". "That's not Bob Marley!". Surprisingly, a lot of "yeah man, I love Bob Marley" (oblivious to the fact that the picture is not him). But I think the best was when I got it in the mail initially & showed it to one of my classes, a girl was totally serious when she said "oh, I get it, the picture is actually Stevie Wonder". Lots of comments have been at record fairs.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    holmes said:
    the_dL said:

it definitely gets some interesting responses & some serious stares. Lots of "uhhh, you know your shirt is wrong right?", or "hey! Jimi Marley!". "That's not Bob Marley!". Surprisingly, a lot of "yeah man, I love Bob Marley" (oblivious to the fact that the picture is not him). But I think the best was when I got it in the mail initially & showed it to one of my classes, a girl was totally serious when she said "oh, I get it, the picture is actually Stevie Wonder". Lots of comments have been at record fairs.

I would be so tempted to play dumb. "No, that's totally Bob Marley. Why would anyone make a Bob Marley shirt with a picture of someone else on it? Besides, I own Legend. I should know what Bob Marley looks like."

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i believe i only have two

both are of obscure taste
    both are seen with me drinking alcohol

[Lyman Woodard Org]

[Symphonic Four-r]

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    fall ye back

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    fall ye back

i got this one.