Favourite movie scenes .. in which a track flows ..uh..in?

JamalJamal 410 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Damn.. those last couple of seconds of this part.. so perfectly done/placed with sunshower in the background.
Its always so dope to hear something you absolutely didnt know bout who it was back in the day..just lovin it

and many more favourites..later.

Comments

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    6;10

• near the end of battle in seattle,
    bill withers makes a timely entrance,
    to a protest outside city jail,
    with:
    i can't write left-handed.

totally illuminates the scene

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I took this to mean scenes that the music fits well.. so... meh

@ 9:33 - After all the tension and whatnot, this one rollllls along nicely as he picks up the paydirt.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    I took this to mean scenes that the music fits well.. so... meh

@ 9:33 - After all the tension and whatnot, this one rollllls along nicely as he picks up the paydirt.

yeah thats the blaxploitation stylo..nice. Jackie Brown ost is dope.

Rock the boat ..in Carlito's way... Im telling ya ..it always gives me goosebumps.. said I like to knooooowww iff..!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    prolly the best ever flow

also, im not a skater dude or anything but this is pretty unforgettable. plus the city shots of LA are indelible.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    An all time fav that pops to mind. Hard to beat IMO.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

• JamalJamal 410 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I don't quite understand the thread title, but I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is my favorite use of music in a film EVAR:

Caetano Veloso "Cucurrucucu Paloma" from Almodovar's "Hable Con Ella".
    Visually and aurally, this scene is just perfect, beautiful.
    I love the mesmerized audience (especially the ladies) and I think I know exactly how Marco feels.
    File under: songs that make you teary-eyed.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Not something on the web yet, but I just caught Miranda July's new film THE FUTURE at SXSW, and its use of the early Beach House song "Master of None" is phenomenal. Maybe not quite on topic, as the character on screen is intentionally synchronizing their behavior to the song, but it's an amazing sequence.

The internet should also be informed that this film is narrated by a cat that's coming to grips with the concept of the future.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    m_dejean said:
    I don't quite understand the thread title, but I've said it before and I'll say it again

Not sure I totally understand what the OP's getting at either. Jamal, are you referring to the diegetic use of music?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Scorsese

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

NSFW

funny awkward and hot

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    bassie said:
    funny awkward and hot

Haha. LOVE this.

• This.

and...

• bassie said:
    funny awkward and hot

I'm glad these words go hand in hand sometimes, haha.

I don't think think I've seen Summer Of Sam since it was new on VHS, but I want to see it again now!

CinisterCee said:
    bassie said:
    funny awkward and hot

I'm glad these words go hand in hand sometimes, haha.

I don't think think I've seen Summer Of Sam since it was new on VHS, but I want to see it again now!

I think I'm one of the few people on the Board (and beyond lol) who is a big fan of the movie. It's got a lot of problems, but I really liked it.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Cinister Cee is A BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont wanna know how many times Ive looped that part when I rented that shit on vhs(like twelve years ago..time flies)
    .. I couldnt get enough of it..play it rewind and again.. I didnt even click on it, I knew right away its the doo wop..I only have eyes for you part.

@ Bassie grwat selection.. Dig the summer of sam part too, that girl.that was the first time she was really hot in a movie.. and leguiziamo damn has great skillz, but placed in a lotta crappy movies..

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Great thread!! (certainly needed, as of recent)

I personally thought the best musical moment in City of God was when they dropped O Camhino Do Bem at during the epilogue / credits. That shit was mad powerful.

2:55 -- this always killed.

When "Wrong SIde of the Tracks" and "Da Bichez" dropped in Kidz -- so dope.

Hate aside -- this was a great intro and amazing use of an awesome tune:

and, as cliche as it is, probably the best use of music ever:

2001: A Space Odyssey - Blue Danube by Kruxdoom
    no one did it like killer kubrick.

nother killer cliche:

On some serious cornball shit -- I always thought the way they used "Rodney Yates" in Oceans' 11, or 12, or whichever one it was, was really dope.

Wall Street credits w/ Talking Heads...(nother cliche)

Always loved Woody's use of "Take Five" here (2:30) --

There are some really great moments tied in with music --- this has been a pretty random selection of some.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    The intro of Bullet, where the classical music fades into the Group Home track when the prison is in sight.
    Can't find a clip to illustrate.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yes, I'm taking it there...

• erobertseroberts 36 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yeah i know im not following the lines of the thread title here either, but had to post this clip, love the movie intro, and for me, the morricone soundtrack hits me deep within the heart, wow, so much feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

goat

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    @ Woimsah;

Yeah the city of god part I posted isnt necessarily my favourite part , but I really dig it though.. Its the contrast that is dopely portrayed..happy funky music, everybody dancing..all whilst something else is going with ze pequeno and the other dude..what results in total dismay, all while the music keeps playing. Greatly filmed!!

Dope selection..Saturday night fever has that shit that makes you wanna disocdance... that first one with natalie portman is sick! CB4 gusto.