Please school me on 50 Cent, G-Unit, Eminem, M.O.P

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'd imagine Mobb and MOP will strengthen future GUnit output however...

from http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1149

AllHipHop.com:[/b] How do you intend to market them [MOP]? That's a challenge...

50 Cent:[/b] I put them in the gym. As far as that, there's certain things that you know. Like I???ve watched artists and I pay attention to the game, period. I watched D???Angelo put out a bad album, and it sold because he was in condition. The song itself was called "Untitled" for Christ's sake. It's those dramatic changes so it's obvious. If you can physically ??? forget about music. Forget about whatever you know about music, right? And just turn to yourself for a second. Generally speaking about women, right, if a woman can look at you and say she likes you before you open your mouth. As soon as you say the right thing to her it's a go. I feel like if generally people look at you and like what you're saying before you open you???re mouth, when you say the right thing they go, "I like him."

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Women love the Michelin Man!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    This thread is why people on soulstrut should talk more about Oregon Trail.
    criminally slept on.

I GOT THE SHITS!!!!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I'd imagine Mobb and MOP will strengthen future GUnit output however...

from http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1149

AllHipHop.com:[/b] How do you intend to market them [MOP]? That's a challenge...

50 Cent:[/b] I put them in the gym. As far as that, there's certain things that you know. Like I???ve watched artists and I pay attention to the game, period. I watched D???Angelo put out a bad album, and it sold because he was in condition. The song itself was called "Untitled" for Christ's sake. It's those dramatic changes so it's obvious. If you can physically ??? forget about music. Forget about whatever you know about music, right? And just turn to yourself for a second. Generally speaking about women, right, if a woman can look at you and say she likes you before you open your mouth. As soon as you say the right thing to her it's a go. I feel like if generally people look at you and like what you're saying before you open you???re mouth, when you say the right thing they go, "I like him."

The new MOP:

• All I'm sayin' is

Dre Saafir + Xzibit + Ras Kass = Golden State Warriors

Somebody make an album happen. Please.

• Game is so devoid of talent and charisma

But, according to Rolling Stone, he has multiple gunshot wounds.

But he was only shot 5 times compared to 50's 9 times.

GM Grimm shot 15 times

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I don't see any need. Dre and Game should continue the fire. Game is a serious rhyming talent. Fifty is the one that needs to get lost. He sucks.

This is why people on soulstrut should never talk about hip-hop. Ever.

Co-sign!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I don't see any need. Dre and Game should continue the fire. Game is a serious rhyming talent. Fifty is the one that needs to get lost. He sucks.

This is why people on soulstrut should never talk about hip-hop. Ever.

Co-sign!

So...what, you guys like Fifty? Or you don't like Game? 'Cause if you like Fifty I don't even know what to say to you guys. Got a hard-on for sing-song choruses or something? Cop a J5 CD. As for Game, all I meant was that he is actually a halfway decent rapper (as opposed to Fifty). He's no lyrical genius, but his recent flows (the Fifty diss songs come to mind) blow the other G-Unit jokesters out of the water. Fifty is boring (basically a muscular Fabulous) and his Mousketeer chrouses are becoming a parody of themselves (and ruining some pretty decent songs in the process).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rootless,

Here's the thing - I think 50 is good at what he does: he knows how to write good hooks, he's got enough presence as any MC to make his persona "believable" and I personally like his swagger even though I don't often like his songs (his production has much to do with that). Compared to someone like, Kool G Rap, 50 seems lighter than helium, but in today's rap world, I'm not that mad at him. Is he a great MC? Fuck no.

In terms of the Game, he's an even less interesting MC rhyme-wise and I do think 50 had a lot to do with why many of his songs on "The Documentary" were palatable at all (in terms of having good hooks). Is he wack? Compared to KRS in his prime, yeah, he is. But in today's field? The Game makes songs that I can listen to without wanting to change the station or that I'd dance to in the club.

This might sound like I'm "settling" but really, it's not. I've said this many times over but I can't expect music - or pop culture in general - to stay still so that it's always going to sound like what I liked at age 17. Given the choice between embracing what's out there on its own merits and being completely turned off of hip-hop and getting into yoga instead? Fuck that, I still want to feel energezied and excited by the music of TODAY and not pining away for the fact that no one makes songs like "T.R.O.Y." or "Manifest" anymore.

So yeah, I'll given someone like 50 or the Game or Jeezy or even the Ying Yang Twins (*shudder*) a fair listen, figure out what I can take from their music, if anything.

• Lyrically The Game is good, it's the all important charisma factor where he gets pummeled.

Seriously what kind of name is "The Game"? When it came out as "The Game Documentary" I thought it was some hip-hop industry tell all.

Lyrically The Game is good, it's the all important charisma factor where he gets pummeled.

Seriously what kind of name is "The Game"? When it came out as "The Game Documentary" I thought it was some hip-hop industry tell all.

Yeah, I agree, "the Game" is a dumb ass name.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Lyrically The Game is good? Does being a walking, talking commercial for several different companies, RnB stars, and producers make him lyrically good?

Lyrically The Game is good? Does being a walking, talking commercial for several different companies, RnB stars, and producers make him lyrically good?

I dunno Aaron, there are a lot of MCs who came kick those superscientifical rhymes and so super-duper sophisticated that I wouldn't want to spend two bars listening to.

• Lyrically The Game is good? Does being a walking, talking commercial for several different companies, RnB stars, and producers make him lyrically good?

I dunno Aaron, there are a lot of MCs who came kick those superscientifical rhymes and so super-duper sophisticated that I wouldn't want to spend two bars listening to.

I don't want to spend 2 bars listening to The_Game

• Lyrically The Game is good? Does being a walking, talking commercial for several different companies, RnB stars, and producers make him lyrically good?

you have no idea what you are talking about listen to "300 bars"

I don't want to spend 2 bars listening to The_Game

That's fair too. I'm not saying the Game is great or that people NEED to listen to him. I'm just saying that what makes an MC lyrically interesting is highly subjective. I don't have a problem with people saying, "the Game is wack" but if others find him to be lyrically interesting, that's cool too.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The best rhyme to ever come out of Game's mouth was for that Boost Mobile commercial with Kanye,and it's obvious to me someone wrote it for him.Game is soooooo weak.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I wasn't trying to get the cover to the Double XL
    Just tryin' to fuck Mya cause Dre said sex sells
    Don't be mad at the rocks in my fuckin' chain
    Don't be mad cause ya bitch chose Buck and Game

DOES NO EQUAL

Baby girl, close your mouth
    Cuz I feed you well
    Every sneaker, hell
    You eat Louie, shit Gucci, breathe Chanel
    Karl Lagerfeld
    Acting like Gargamel

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont need to hear mufuckah namedrop eazy-e ever again, nahmean

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I wasn't trying to get the cover to the Double XL
    Just tryin' to fuck Mya cause Dre said sex sells
    Don't be mad at the rocks in my fuckin' chain
    Don't be mad cause ya bitch chose Buck and Game

DOES NO EQUAL

Baby girl, close your mouth
    Cuz I feed you well
    Every sneaker, hell
    You eat Louie, shit Gucci, breathe Chanel
    Karl Lagerfeld
    Acting like Gargamel

To be fair, it should be noted that you picked what is probably Game's single worst verse...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Dear, Rootless,

In regards to your question about the rappers listed above, I regret to inform you that they all suck.

Best Wishes,

HAZ

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Dear, Rootless,

In regards to your question about the rappers listed above, I regret to inform you that they all suck.

Best Wishes,

HAZ

Ha! But Dre has some dope beats. Lots of them in fact.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

50 Cent:[/b] I put them in the gym.

The new MOP:

this doesn't bode well either

AllHipHop.com: What about the M.O.P. sound? That was always a discussion-topic while the Roc album brewed???

50 Cent: Well, I take the ante up. I can take records, you know, they got classic material already that they???re ahead of me doing the deal with them. It???s like I don???t want to alter who they are creatively as an artist. Because what they???ve done in the past is what made them appealing to me. So, you know, I want them to create the right records and I???ll help, I mean, I???m executive producing the album so I???m going to go pick and make the record, they???re going to have the best producers in the world on the album. They???ve definitely got materials, Dr. Dre, Eminem, The Neptunes, Timbaland[/b]. As they enter the formats that their music hasn???t made it to before, like Top 40 and Pop radio, which has been that similar, look, Game???s record wouldn???t have sold what it sold, if I wasn???t on it.

i love MOP, but the tunes and timbaland are not what's good for their style. they could pull of some niceness with dre. not to get all true school but they're one group that really needs to stick with the style of production that they do best. and that's why they roc thing seemed like such a good match - it allowed them access to a producer roster (kanye & just), that, though still soulful/sample based for the most part, are modern enough that they might could take them to radio. (let's be honest, even with a 50 cent makeover, MOP have an abrasive style that isn't really suited for the pop audience).

and eminem....

MOP are one of my favorite rap groups of all time. but mark my words, this album will be a mess.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    not to get all true school but they're one group that really needs to stick with the style of production that they do best. and that's why they roc thing seemed like such a good match - it allowed them access to a producer roster (kanye & just), that, though still soulful/sample based for the most part, are modern enough that they might could take them to radio. (let's be honest, even with a 50 cent makeover, MOP have an abrasive style that isn't really suited for the pop audience).

agreed... they were perfect for the roc, its a damn shame things fell apart there before they had an album... the singles were great. hope that song with killer mike will be on his record???