game over!

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
sayin'

Funk begins and ends with this record. In my mind, this is the ultimate example of funk.

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    [color:red]FUNK FUNK[/color][/b]

• a hole that was finally filled...for $8 (god bless Vermont)

Anybody need that Purple repress

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    love that joint to death, but i gotta say, i like this one better

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah, one of my pivital digging moments was when i first heard 'blow your head' and was, understandably, blown away. For a good while after that 'damn right I'm somebody' was my favourite funk record. But having listened a fair bit to their whole catalogue, and other classic funk records, I am of the opinion that their first album as absolutely unfuckablewith.

• Yeah, one of my pivital digging moments was when i first heard 'blow your head' and was, understandably, blown away. For a good while after that 'damn right I'm somebody' was my favourite funk record. But having listened a fair bit to their whole catalogue, and other classic funk records, I am of the opinion that their first album as absolutely unfuckablewith.

hell yeah, can't F*** with the OG

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    You know what's funny about this album?
    I have a smashed copy, that by rights should easily be able to eject the needle into the air it has so many scratches.
    Shit is hurting, right?

When I crank that record you could never tell the condition, it's just that fucking RAW!![/b]

I have a smashed copy, that by rights should easily be able to eject the needle into the air it has so many scratches.
    Shit is hurting, right?

When I crank that record you could never tell the condition, it's just that fucking RAW!![/b]
    wow thats funny, my copy is the same way. looks hit as fuck. plays clear as a whistle

Shit is hurting, right?

That is

• awesome record. stein.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I gotta say that Doin it to death has a slight edge for me.

Maceo, maceo -- was JB drunk when they recorded this?

Don't sleep peoples. If Oliver Sain is worth US$200, this LP must be four figures!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Shit is hurting, right?

wow thats funny, my copy is the same way. looks hit as fuck. plays clear as a whistle

same here. The cover looks new the record is beat. plays great!

great album.

• love that joint to death, but i gotta say, i like this one better

It took me forever to find one. I remember being in Virginia at a thrift store, and I saw a copy, well, at least I thought I did. It was a cover with no record. That was .Just last year sometime I went to, of all places, TSL, and there was a nice UK Polydor OG pressing in the bins for $6!It wasn't in that bad a shape either. Blow Your Head is the joint, but I gotta go with Same Beat. I think I'm going to play that tonight. Did anyone ever pick up that Urban 12" of Blow Your Head that has the undubbed version (the Synthesizer is omitted)? It's a nice one to have, the drums on there hit

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

i bought Sho Is Funky Down Here from a crackhead 8 years ago for 25cents and it's exactly the same

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

i bought Sho Is Funky Down Here from a crackhead 8 years ago for 25cents and it's exactly the same

yeah, I've had the same experience with other King lps. funny thing is, the few mint ones I've found play with as much noise as the hammered ones. Badly pressed, but they will play no matter what. weird.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Yes, but do you know of the DJ promo of this album with the different tracks?
    The tracks are listed differently and it also includes a version of 'Love And Happiness.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Yes, but do you know of the DJ promo of this album with the different tracks?
    The tracks are listed differently and it also includes a version of 'Love And Happiness.

holy!! how is it? is it like monty alexander?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Don't sleep peoples. If Oliver Sain is worth US$200, this LP must be four figures!

Well, you're getting close. Holy shit.

Which one of you hypsters is running this auction? I've never seen it this high. And 3 days left, too.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

SS Factor ?

SS Factor ?

SS FACTOR!

see seller: Atomic Records

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

SS Factor ?

SS FACTOR!

you guys aren't really serious about this are you?

yeah, soulstrut has an effect one of the most famous funk LP's ever... sure....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

SS Factor ?

SS FACTOR!

i was being sarcastic......like said Atomic Records is the seller ..but i have seen it go for $100 on ebay before

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

SS Factor ?

SS FACTOR!

Heh. That's what THEY said. I was merely noting a chronological coincidence in a jocular manner. I've never seen this go for over a bill before - maybe it's just me.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    yeah, i haven't been here for too long, and i almost lost my mind when dudes were talking about a "soulstrut factor" for "my people... hold on" which has been a fucking disco classic since the day it came out, so this made me throw up a little bit in my mouth if you were serious... sarcasm and internet don't always flow well...

• Good God damn. Sell high, folks.

I watched for years trying to find one on the cheap. Finally landed one about a year ago with end price $38.

Douds get all sweaty palms, but it's not like the world will ever be too short on JBs records.

PS atomic is dope. I've bought things from them for $50 that later went for 400. they are also selling one of the rarest and best private jazz LPs and it's still at minimum. stock tips.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    sayin'

Funk begins and ends with this record.

What about "Bring It On, Bring It On, Bring It On"_1983

This shit is !!

12 INCH VINYL - BRING IT ON

1983 B/W NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME

My copy is plain white cover, I think this is the UK version...

dunno.

Pz