Hispter Cruises. This is who you should hate on today

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Chuck Klosterman covered an 80s rock cruise in his book IV.

Look it up, it's hilarious.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    nzshadow said:

Good call.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    from the comments at the bottom of the page sums it up for me

Here the fuck we go again... It must be such a hard life to sit around in NYC every day in your life pretending you're a starving artist/musician/poet, waking up at noon each day and making your way into part-time shift at the local barista (if you feel like coming in at all, since you know, your parents pay 75% of your rent and your grandpappy sends you 1000k a month for leisure expenses) then setting out for a hipster cruise complete with pasty white trustfundarians, a special appearance by The Hipster Grifter, Kickball Katy and that French guy you fucked two months ago at the film festival. Meanwhile, some of us work full-time jobs that barely pay the bills, can't remember what the ocean looks like for the life of us and rely on free shows to see any band play these days. I wish this cruise was the the Titanic, same end result and all.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    lol. the best thing about hipsters is their sailor tats.. how many terrible tattoos in those photos? the girl with the F-holes on her back is gonna regret that shit in a few years.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    DJ_WubWub said:
    from the comments at the bottom of the page sums it up for me

Here the fuck we go again... It must be such a hard life to sit around in NYC every day in your life pretending you're a starving artist/musician/poet, waking up at noon each day and making your way into part-time shift at the local barista (if you feel like coming in at all, since you know, your parents pay 75% of your rent and your grandpappy sends you 1000k a month for leisure expenses) then setting out for a hipster cruise complete with pasty white trustfundarians, a special appearance by The Hipster Grifter, Kickball Katy and that French guy you fucked two months ago at the film festival. Meanwhile, some of us work full-time jobs that barely pay the bills, can't remember what the ocean looks like for the life of us and rely on free shows to see any band play these days. I wish this cruise was the the Titanic, same end result and all.

Yeah right, this one really sums it up and reveals why some people hate on this so much:

Because they're broke and miserable.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    These bands suck, couldn't imagine being on that boat...I could smell the unwashed armpits through the photos.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    I would go and fuck the hipsters chicks.
    Then tell em i aint hip to the game.
    go with a friend and punch hipsters and have sexual intercouse with the chicks.
    a beautifull weekend.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I actually think at this point I would rather hang out with a bunch of silly stupid "hipsters" who are having fun than a bunch of grumpy old dudes.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    These bands suck, couldn't imagine being on that boat...I could smell the unwashed armpits through the photos.

I think Quintron is pretty damn cool but you're right about the rest (or the few of the rest that I'm familiar with) Vivian Gurls are horrible and if they say that the Black Lips were "everybody's cooler older brother" that can't mean anything good. I still remember them as some talentless and clueless kids trying too hard to be cool just a few years ago and now they're the "older brothers"... I saw them live actually and it was severely underwhelming.

With a few more interesting acts though this would seem like a fun idea that I would seriously consider to partake if only white imperialism wouldn't be such a full time commitment

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    GET THAT PAPER HIPSTERS

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    I actually think at this point I would rather hang out with a bunch of silly stupid "hipsters" who are having fun than a bunch of grumpy old dudes.

For the most part, I'm with you. People are starting to sound like conservative Republicans around here with all the "How dare these young kids have fun and dance to music I don't like! For shame!" BS. For a bunch of dudes in their 20's-30's ya'll sound crazy old.

That said, I know that being around the vast majority of those people would drive me fucking apeshit, but fuck, let 'em live. I don't care if daddy is paying for their good times, the real world hits everyone between the eyes sooner or later.

• Options
    I think I'd rather take a sailboat cruise because I could see how they sail, travel to islands on a wooden sail boat, and meet the other passengers.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    asstro said:

. I don't care if daddy is paying for their good times, the real world hits everyone between the eyes sooner or later.

word.
    Everyone must meet their moment of truth.

• nzshadow said:

Chuck Klosterman is a tool, and with any luck he'll be on this boat when it sinks....

Frank said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

I think Quintron is pretty damn cool but you're right about the rest (or the few of the rest that I'm familiar with) Vivian Gurls are horrible and if they say that the Black Lips were "everybody's cooler older brother" that can't mean anything good. I still remember them as some talentless and clueless kids trying too hard to be cool just a few years ago and now they're the "older brothers"... I saw them live actually and it was severely underwhelming.

With a few more interesting acts though this would seem like a fun idea that I would seriously consider to partake if only white imperialism wouldn't be such a full time commitment

yeah the Black Lips are goddawful...I dont get their appeal at all. Did you hear them back up Hannibal? horrible...couldnt even get the "Fishin' Pole" riff right...talentless.

after working at a couple gonerfests (which this essentially is, but with a buffet)....this scene has no interest to me. Not my kind of rock.

Grumpy old man indeed...Im embracing it as I turn 40 this year...the whole band scene is boring to me now, not much out there to pique my interest. So, I will just sit in the radio booth and flood the airwaves with what I think is cool and drink beer. That is what seems like time well spent to me now after 20 years of shitty clubs and bands. Hatin' is fun. Cheaper also.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Are hipsters the "fuck white people" for white people?

• Options
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Hatin' is fun. Cheaper also.

Not very admirable though.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

what?

no Terry Gross?

fuck that

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    im imagining an anti hipster cruise..and I think it would be filled with pretentious people..aka another type of hipster.
    dudes boxing everybody in..

know what fuck everybody ,just let them play this track on repeat.. and im cool..like george.

club tropicana's drinks are motherfuckin free!

soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

since when did it become so important to love and support everything? Seriously. If you think something sucks...call it as such.
    I dont get that "hater" is supposed to be an insult....some thin-skinned, everybody-gets-a-trophy shit.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Am I showing my age when I say that I don't even have the energy to hate on this?

• Options
    The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

since when did it become so important to love and support everything? Seriously. If you think something sucks...call it as such.
    I dont get that "hater" is supposed to be an insult....some thin-skinned, everybody-gets-a-trophy shit.

Compassion and self-control, I think are pretty good.

Everyone can do it! Everyone loves boats and getting drunk!

Classic rockers (ZZ TOP! George Thorogood!)- http://rocklegendscruise.com/
    R&B (Bobby Womack! Bobby Blue Bland!) - http://bluescruise.com/
    Smooth Jazz (David Sanborn! Patrice Rushen!) - http://www.thesmoothjazzcruise.com/
    Soul/Jazz (Roy Ayers! The Family Stone!) - http://www.capitaljazz.com/supercruise/
    Country (Charley Pride!) - http://www.oprycruise.net/

soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Ill save my compassion for the abused kids I work with...I dont feel that some chick in a confederate flag bikini or some unwashed 30-something that is able to afford a cruise listening to some shitty garage rock needs my compassion.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Jamal said:

Last time I heard this played loud was at an alcoholic's funeral.

b/w

Not everybody gets theirs, but it's a nice idea.

• Options
    asstro said:
    Everyone can do it! Everyone loves boats and getting drunk!

Classic rockers (ZZ TOP! George Thorogood!)- http://rocklegendscruise.com/
    R&B (Bobby Womack! Bobby Blue Bland!) - http://bluescruise.com/
    Smooth Jazz (David Sanborn! Patrice Rushen!) - http://www.thesmoothjazzcruise.com/
    Soul/Jazz (Roy Ayers! The Family Stone!) - http://www.capitaljazz.com/supercruise/
    Country (Charley Pride!) - http://www.oprycruise.net/

Lol! Blues Cruise!!!

The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Ill save my compassion for the abused kids I work with...I dont feel that some chick in a confederate flag bikini or some unwashed 30-something that is able to afford a cruise listening to some shitty garage rock needs my compassion.

Save your hate for something worth hating too. Hipsters are annoying as fuck, but they aren't keeping you or me from doing anything we want to do. As far as I know anyway...

• Options
    The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

So you are gonna be unkind to her?

Jesus, y'all are triflin'....we are just making fun of some folks and some shitty music. Our opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Im gonna go eat some eggs and y'all can lament the senseless abuse of hipsters all ya want.