• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    lilmonstu must walk the plank

• soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Hatin' is fun. Cheaper also.

Not very admirable though.

since when did it become so important to love and support everything? Seriously. If you think something sucks...call it as such.
    I dont get that "hater" is supposed to be an insult....some thin-skinned, everybody-gets-a-trophy shit.

Compassion and self-control, I think are pretty good.

Man, are you ever on the wrong board...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

EXACTLY.

I am always blasphemized by cruise enthusiasts for DETESTING Cruises.

I took a cruise from Ensenada, Mexico to Victoria, BC on my honeymoon and never again. Shit was like this video above half the time. You'd want to play basketball or get on the climbing wall but you sway like crazy all the while having an uneasy feeling in your stomach. Not to mention, nothing to do but play the slot machines and drink $8 beers. And when you land, go on some overpriced tour bus.

:hated_it:

I'd rather sit on a beach for a week, thank you.

• TableSawTableSaw 18 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    These bands suck, couldn't imagine being on that boat...I could smell the unwashed armpits through the photos.

What are some new rock bands that you are listening to? Just curious

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Bon voyage shipsters!

• Options
    I still want to know what a Hispter is.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    soulone said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Hatin' is fun. Cheaper also.

Not very admirable though.

since when did it become so important to love and support everything? Seriously. If you think something sucks...call it as such.
    I dont get that "hater" is supposed to be an insult....some thin-skinned, everybody-gets-a-trophy shit.

Open-Minded Man Grimly Realizes How Much Life He's Wasted Listening to Bullshit

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    A couple of people I know went on this sea cruise and posted pictures of the event on their Facebook pages. This was just before this thread popped up. When I saw the pix, the title of this thread was the first thing that crossed my mind: "oh, a boat cruise for hipsters." Well, they have boat cruises for middle-aged blues fans wearing T-shirts that say: "I brake for the blues." So why not? Yes, I thought it was goofy at first, but in the end I was like my man Verb here:

verb606 said:
    Am I showing my age when I say that I don't even have the energy to hate on this?

Really. At the magazine I used to work for, we got free passes to Lollapalooza every summer. I went even when the band lineup was weak. Why the fuck not? It was free (for me), it was two blocks away from the workplace, and even if the music wasn't hitting, I'd just "hang out and hustle with my friends," like the song sez. Put on my shades and ogle the womenfolk. Like Vegas, we know this isn't a cultural highpoint or anything, just a mindless good time. Sorta the way I feel about this hipster cruise business.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    TableSaw said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    These bands suck, couldn't imagine being on that boat...I could smell the unwashed armpits through the photos.

Dungen
    Deathspell Omega
    The Dirty Streets
    Adios Gringo
    Birds of Avalon
    Om

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    TableSaw said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Dungen
    Deathspell Omega
    The Dirty Streets
    Adios Gringo
    Birds of Avalon
    Om

Those are actual rock bands.....I think he meant more like "What ball-less, soul-less pop bands do you listen to?"

• Options
    If anyone wants to arrange a PINA cruise I know where they can find some passengers.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    TableSaw said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Dungen
    Deathspell Omega
    The Dirty Streets
    Adios Gringo
    Birds of Avalon
    Om

SHREDFACE IN 3....2..... nevermind I'll just pluck this E once and then start my song poem.

• Options
    The_Hook_Up said:

You are correct, sir!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

You are correct, sir!

I will cosign. It's mind-boggling to me that there are people here (and everywhere) that will criticize somebody for daring to actually have an opinion about something. I'm sorry to hear that you had your balls cut off and brain removed, but I've been fortunate enough to escape that fate so far, and will enjoy and use the faculties I have while I still have them.

If you can't call BS for what it is when you see it then you will just live in a BS world.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:

Those are actual rock bands.....I think he meant more like "What ball-less, soul-less pop bands do you listen to?"

What?

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    BobDesperado said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

You are correct, sir!

I will cosign. It's mind-boggling to me that there are people here (and everywhere) that will criticize somebody for daring to actually have an opinion about something. I'm sorry to hear that you had your balls cut off and brain removed, but I've been fortunate enough to escape that fate so far, and will enjoy and use the faculties I have while I still have them.

If you can't call BS for what it is when you see it then you will just live in a BS world.

But dude, can't you just be like nice and stuff? Disagreeing with people can give them like cancer or something.

• Options
    Yeah, like people are nice to you when you put out your BS.

• SportCasual said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    TableSaw said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Dungen
    Deathspell Omega
    The Dirty Streets
    Adios Gringo
    Birds of Avalon
    Om

SHREDFACE IN 3....2..... nevermind I'll just pluck this E once and then start my song poem.

That picture makes me sad...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    musica said:

EDIT: Holy shit I know the guy on the right and he is certified Oakland hipster trash ^^^^^

Actually thought that was John Stamos for a second. Also, a bonus of "quoting" the photos -- they were posted on the Brooklyn Vegan website. Fitting.

I'm not really a hater. I seem to remember reading a few years ago about a cruise for goth kids or trannies or something. It's fine with me if every subset of people has a place where they can enjoy overprced and overly-structured activity away from the mainland. It's good bonding, if you can get it.

As far as that Pat character, though -- where's the cabana wear?

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    Who the fuck wants to go on a cruse anyway? I can't think of anything more annoying than traveling on a boat to a bunch of corny tourist traps. It doesn't matter who you're stuck with, the premise is lame.
    If you really want to meet some interesting folks, take a ferry between two third world destinations. At the very least you can come away with something other than a Senor frogs shirt, and you may have a story to tell your grand kids.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Deleted

• If I never go on a cruise, I think I'll look back on my life as fulfilled.

I love Thee Oh Sees.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i will give you a very typical snobby white gal response to this, or whatever you're going to call it, i don't really care that it comes off as such....cruises are awful and the worst thing for the ocean and the environment. we know too much now in 2011 to be blind to this.
    take a plane somewhere, comparatively it is far less damaging.

all those spa treatments and all-you-can-eat buffets create a ton of waste. plus these mammoth ships hit anchor directly into the ocean floor and have caused irreversible reef damage destroying them to bits for the local fish and the local fishing industry.

i see these things in the harbor here in ny and docked in montego bay, they are huuuuge.
    you couldn't pay me to go on one, in fact i was once offered by scratch academy to dj on one and i would never have done so.

from Slate:

"the issue of bilge water, which collects in the lowest part of the ship and often contains oil from leaky engines as well as other contaminants. In general, a ship will treat bilge water before discharging it, but there have been cases of irresponsible ocean dumping in the past and there is no way to regulate it. Then there are the air pollutants that fly out from the ship's smokestacks???these include particulate matter, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxides. (The latter two are the principal components of acid rain.)
    Cruise ships do pose some additional environmental risks compared with other vessels. a large cruise carries thousands of passengers, each of whom produces a personal waste stream that can end up in the ocean. (For comparison, a typical freighter might be staffed by a dozen or so crewmembers.) In a recent EPA survey of boats operating in Alaska, cruise ships reported generating an average of 21,000 gallons of sewage a day. Those ships also produced a daily average of 170,000 gallons of graywater???the stuff that drains from sinks, showers, and laundry machines. Graywater can contain detergents, oil, grease, and food waste as well as oxygen-depleting nutrients and various pathogens.
    A complicated patchwork of federal, state, and international laws governs what cruise ships can discharge and where. Sewage, for example, needs to be treated if it's going to be flushed out within three miles of U.S. coastlines, though beyond that, it can be dumped in its raw state. (According to the international convention that regulates ship pollution, "on the high seas, the oceans are capable of assimilating and dealing with raw sewage through natural bacterial action." However, all members of the trade association that represents more than 90 percent of the global cruise industry have a policy not to dump untreated sewage anywhere.) Bilge water also must meet certain oil content standards before it can be released into the ocean.* For the past few years, environmental groups???with the support of Sen. Richard Durbin of Illinois and Rep. Sam Farr of California???have been pushing a piece of legislation called the Clean Cruise Ship Act (PDF), which would bring all the regulations under one umbrella and strengthen policies on oily bilge water, sewage, and graywater.

What about carbon dioxide emissions? According to Carnival Corp.'s latest environmental report (PDF), the company's ships emit 1.17 pounds of CO2 per passenger mile, assuming full occupancy. Industry statistics suggest that the most popular cruises last seven days and that the Caribbean is the No. 1 destination. So let's say you've decided to take Carnival's weeklong Western Caribbean cruise, which leaves from Miami and stops at Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Isla Roatan, Honduras; Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico, before returning to Florida???a total of 1,826.5 miles. Your personal emissions for the voyage???not counting any time spent on land???would thus come to 2,137 pounds of CO2, or just about a ton. In 2006, fossil fuel-related CO2 emissions in the United States were 21.8 tons per capita???or about 119.5 pounds per person per day. So a seven-day cruise produces about 18 days' worth of carbon dioxide.
    In contrast, a round-trip flight on a narrow-body jet from Miami to Grand Cayman would emit about 340 pounds of CO2, assuming an industry standard 80 percent occupancy.* That's a lot less than a cruise."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

ill fuck w/ a medium boat w/ some women, music, and food anyday.

Fuck yall.

Ill pee-pee off the boat and i hope it gets to your bottle water.

• Options
    AKallDay said:
    personal waste stream

Can this be the new name for this forum?

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    batmon said:

ill fuck w/ a medium boat w/ some women, music, and food anyday.

Fuck yall.

Ill pee-pee off the boat and i hope it gets to your bottle water.

baited!

• SS cruise would be just like this minus the girls

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    white_tea said:
    musica said:

EDIT: Holy shit I know the guy on the right and he is certified Oakland hipster trash ^^^^^

Actually thought that was John Stamos for a second. Also, a bonus of "quoting" the photos -- they were posted on the Brooklyn Vegan website. Fitting.

i thought that was gaslamp killer on the left...