Options

That's Racist?

edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Iran is threatening to boycott the 2012 London Olympics because it says the logo is racist:

Does that say "Zion"? That's the claim. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=6167220

It IS incredible ugly.

Comments

• Kinda looks like the five competing continents, which I'm going to assume was the goal.

• lisa blowing bart

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    dwyhajlo said:
    Kinda looks like the five competing continents, which I'm going to assume was the goal.

Besides Antarctica, which continent is sitting this one out?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    cookbook said:
    lisa blowing bart

Luckily, blow jobs are not racist.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    dwyhajlo said:
    Kinda looks like the five competing continents, which I'm going to assume was the goal.

Nobody cares about Australia.

dwyhajlo said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    dwyhajlo said:

Good point. I mean, they'll be there, but they sure aren't going to be competitive in any sense of the word. Unless the IOC finally gave in and recognized Koala Punching as a sport.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    elise said:
    cookbook said:
    lisa blowing bart

Depends......................

• White people get blow jobs. Black people get head.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    AndreBreton said:
    White people get blow jobs. Black people get head.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    elise said:
    cookbook said:
    lisa blowing bart

But aren't they still outlawed in some states?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Frank said:
    elise said:
    cookbook said:
    lisa blowing bart

In 18 states!?
    Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia and Washington D.C.

I feel bad for you guys that live there!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Fun Sex Law Facts:

In Virginia, it is illegal to have sex with the lights on.

It is illegal for husbands in Willowdale, Oregon, to talk dirty during intercourse.

Sexual intercourse between unmarried couples is illegal in Georgia.

Engaging in any sexual position other than missionary is illegal in Washington, DC.

In Connorsville, Wisconsin, it is illegal for a man to shoot off a gun when his female partner is having an orgasm.

In Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, it is illegal to have sex with a truck driver inside a toll booth.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal in Florida.

It is illegal in Utah to marry your first cousin before the age of 65.

Sex with animals is perfectly legal for men in Washington state, as long as the animal weighs less than 40 pounds.

• Options
    elise said:
    Frank said:
    elise said:
    cookbook said:
    lisa blowing bart

In 18 states!?
    Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia and Washington D.C.

I feel bad for you guys that live there!

Good news - the US Supreme Court struck down sodomy laws in Lawrence v Texas.

It's safe now.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    elise said:
    Fun Sex Law Facts:

It is illegal in Utah to marry your first cousin before the age of 65.

this has to be the funniest

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    dwyhajlo said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    dwyhajlo said:

Good point. I mean, they'll be there, but they sure aren't going to be competitive in any sense of the word. Unless the IOC finally gave in and recognized Koala Punching as a sport.

I think if it is six continents then they are counting Europe and Asia as one.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I did not realize that the olympics was a competition between continents.

Which continent is the Middle East in?

Also, why would the word Zion, disguised as a logo, be racist?

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    elise said:

Sex with animals is perfectly legal for men in Washington state, as long as the animal weighs less than 40 pounds.

:beerbang: :the_mack: :happyday:

b/w

that logo is really ugly!

• i didnt realize people watched the olympics

• DB_Cooper said:
    dwyhajlo said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    dwyhajlo said:

^^ Scared of being outrapped.

• This was the final tally at Beijing, we only sent like 5 dudes.

China 51 21 28
    United States 36 38 36
    Russia 23 21 28
    Great Britain 19 13 15
    Australia 14 15 17

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    I did not realize that the olympics was a competition between continents.

Which continent is the Middle East in?

Also, why would the word Zion, disguised as a logo, be racist?

This will help fill you in.

http://www.zionismontheweb.org/antizionism/ZionismIsRacism.htm

(It doesn't really help with the silliness about the logo, just the background.)

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    More Sex Law Facts...

Beastiality ill get ya killed

"Thomas Graunger or Granger (1625? ??? September 8, 1642) was the first person hanged in the Massachusetts Bay Colony (the first hanged in any of the colonies of New England being John Billington) and the first known juvenile to be sentenced to death and executed in the territory of today's United States. He was a servant to Love Brewster, of Duxbury, in the Plymouth Colony of British North America. Graunger, at the age of 16 or 17, was convicted of "buggery with a mare, a cowe, two goats, divers sheepe, two calves, and a turkey", according to court records of 7 September 1642[1].

Graunger confessed to his crimes in court privately to local magistrates, and upon indictment, publicly to ministers and the jury, being sentenced to "death by hanging until he was dead". He was hanged on September 8, 1642. Before Graunger's execution, following the laws set down in Leviticus 20:15 ("And if a man shall lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast"), the animals involved were slaughtered before his face and thrown into a large pit dug for their disposal, no use being made of any part of them[2].

An account of Graunger's acts is recorded in Gov. William Bradford's diary Of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647. Graunger's crime represents the colonies' first recorded act of bestiality."

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    More Sex Law Facts...

Beastiality ill get ya killed

"Thomas Graunger or Granger (1625? ??? September 8, 1642) was the first person hanged in the Massachusetts Bay Colony (the first hanged in any of the colonies of New England being John Billington) and the first known juvenile to be sentenced to death and executed in the territory of today's United States. He was a servant to Love Brewster, of Duxbury, in the Plymouth Colony of British North America. Graunger, at the age of 16 or 17, was convicted of "buggery with a mare, a cowe, two goats, divers sheepe, two calves, and a turkey", according to court records of 7 September 1642[1].

Graunger confessed to his crimes in court privately to local magistrates, and upon indictment, publicly to ministers and the jury, being sentenced to "death by hanging until he was dead". He was hanged on September 8, 1642. Before Graunger's execution, following the laws set down in Leviticus 20:15 ("And if a man shall lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast"), the animals involved were slaughtered before his face and thrown into a large pit dug for their disposal, no use being made of any part of them[2].

An account of Graunger's acts is recorded in Gov. William Bradford's diary Of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647. Graunger's crime represents the colonies' first recorded act of bestiality."

Ewwwwwwww.

• elise said:

epic

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    In light of recent (usually sports related) incidents and my Filipino girlfriend visiting Spain and being made fun of by ordinary citizens... Is this the general mindset in Spain or am I over analizing this...? Any Spaniards out there willing to fill me in?

This can't be a coincidence can it?

**Side note** In each of the incidents below, the Spaniards claim ignorance as their excuse for such behavior. How convenient.

Spanish football coach Aragon??s was caught on camera referring to the Arsenal striker as "that black shit" while attempting to fire up Jos?? Antonio Reyes at a training session in October 2004.
    (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/07/newsstory.sport14)

A photo of the Spanish men's Olympics basketball team, using their index fingers as if to slant their eyes, was taken before the team left Spain for Beijing.

"It was something like supposed to be funny or something but never offensive in any way," said Spain center Pau Gasol, who also plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. "I'm sorry if anybody thought or took it the wrong way and thought that it was offensive."

(http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/14/olympics.photo.spain.basketball/)

In response to if he were to ever have Tiger Woods over for dinner Garcia's response was, "We will serve fried chicken."
    (http://deadspin.com/sergio-garcia-makes-tiger-woods-fried-chicken-joke-a-509214406)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Cultural Conquistadors.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

spanish sensitivity

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Delay said:

spanish sensitivity

Trip out. I watched this doc right before I fell asleep only to see her face on this thread just now as I'm waking up. Crazy story.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    whats the story?

rootlesscosmo said:
    whats the story?

I know, right?