a message from the magician (now I even got some beef on ebay)

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
From User:
afrobrazilero (4334)
99.8% Positive Feedback
Member since Mar-15-04 in France
Activity with afrobrazilero (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from afrobrazilero
Activity with afrobrazilero (last 90 days): afrobrazilero has bid on 0 of my items

Dear voodoo-funk,

I CLEARLY SEE THAT THE JEALOUS ARE STILL NUMEROUS AS BEFORE...
LET ME SHOW YOU THAT I AM THE MAGICIAN IN 2011 !
since the jerk said i proposed vg records as vg+ i see envy and jalousy motivate many !
i know Africa , i am an Algerian , man ! and i know for sure people need money there and not everyone leave in a large loft in Manhattan while making "working" the " black docile" once arrived in Africa.
i will give you the opportunity to cry and to keep your jealousy active soon.
in the meantime , continue to speak about me , what a advertising for free !
thank you to you , the white colonialist from the modern times...

- afrobrazilero

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Why do you think there's so much beef between African record diggers in general?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    musica said:
    Why do you think there's so much beef between African record diggers in general?

Is there?
    I'm friends with quite a few people who regularly dig in Africa.
    I've always been much more into trading than selling so I'd say it's important to be on good terms with the other players.
    Then there obviously are a bunch of bottomfeeders who nobody really cares about and some of them occasionally make a bit of noise.

I hope my response calmed him down a bit:

"Go fuck yourself you little shit!
    Being Algerian makes you about as much African as a Canadian is Mexican."

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this is my favorite!!!

white colonialist from the modern times

can i get this on a tshirt?!?!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    jinx74 said:
    this is my favorite!!!

white colonialist from the modern times

can i get this on a tshirt?!?!

Too bad it's too long for a dj moniker!

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Frank said:

big big difference.. Algeria north africa = +200000BC
    Also Africa is a continent..unlike Mexico..
    sorry man, I know youre angry with the dude..

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Can somebody summarize what this guy`s problem is? Apart from translating a bit of context would help.
    Btw. have you written a book about Krautrock in the 90s under an alias, Frank? Just kidding, but the writing bears your hallmark all over it. ;-)

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Jamal said:
    Frank said:

big big difference.. Algeria north africa = +20000BC
    Also Africa is a continent..unlike Mexico..
    sorry man, I know youre angry with the dude..

I was trying to make a point.

Canada and Mexico also are on the same continent.

Ask any subsaharan African how they feel about Algerians claiming to be "African just like them" and you will get a very clear and unmistakable answer.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Frank said:

"Being Algerian makes you about as much African as a Canadian is Mexican."

Oh, Frank...smh.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    i will never understand why people spread their personal correspondences throughout the public.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    frank knows how to insult north africans

i can see the smoke pouring from his algerian ears

we use to wind up an egyptian reggae collctro arse the same way

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

• musica said:

lolocaust

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Vancouver-Tijuana: 2.273km
    Algiers-Lagos: 4.392km
    From the ugly suburbs of Paris to Lagos: ca. 5.500km

"I know Africa , i am an Algerian , man ! and i know for sure people need money there"

This is coming from the same dude who was knowingly selling bootlegs of Ambolley's Simigwa, the Moussa Doumbia and the Ikenga Superstars LPs... he's also buddies with the lowlifes who are responsible for those illegal releases that are directly taking money out of the pockets of African artists.

• afrobrazilero via Frank said:
    From User:
    since the jerk said i proposed vg records as vg+ i see envy and jalousy motivate many !

This is the funniest thing ever. If he sold VG records as VG+ no one would notice; it's common practice in Europe.

Dude sells F and P records as VG+. I've seen him sell records with visible chunks missing out of them (as in cracked, broken, chipped) as "VG+" and covers 40% of which were non-existent as VG+.

I guess since he has photos of the records up so you can see how the grade has absolutely nothing to do with the item on offer, it makes him incredibly cheeky and not a total liar. My line of thinking, though, is this: if dude's gonna post a hammered piece of shit as a VG+ record, why would I trust him with regards to things like shipping or, for that matter, anything else?

Afrobrazilero, you do not "propose VG records as VG+." You sell mangy mules as breeding stallions.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    but then where does one draw the line?

ethiopians? somalians?

no fair taking away north africans' continental identity... i mean, they DO live in africa... and unlike white south africans, Berbers and other North Africans have been there forever (as far as I know), so they can call themselves African all day long as far as i care...

whether they can claim "brotherhood" with the darker skinned peoples a few thousand KM south is certainly a totally seperate matter, but to say North Africans aren't African is some bullshit... the analogy is flawed... a Canadian would never call himself Mexican but both are undoubtably North American...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    but then where does one draw the line?

ethiopians? somalians?

no fair taking away north africans' continental identity... i mean, they DO live in africa... and unlike white south africans, Berbers and other North Africans have been there forever (as far as I know), so they can call themselves African all day long as far as i care...

whether they can claim "brotherhood" with the darker skinned peoples a few thousand KM south is certainly a totally seperate matter, but to say North Africans aren't African is some bullshit... the analogy is flawed... a Canadian would never call himself Mexican but both are undoubtably North American...

I was trying to do two things:
    -make a point
    -piss this guy off

I wasn't trying to provide a flawless analogy.

If Afrobrazilero would tell any Nigerian or Ghanaian that he "knows Africa" because "I'm Algerian, man" he'd completely ridicule himself.

What he said was in the context of sub saharan West Africa which culturally has absolutely nothing to do with the Arabic North of Algeria.

I'm sure he understood my point even with a flawed analogy.

To further illustrate the stinky cheesyness of this character, check out this piece of next-level-le-toup poetry from his myspace profile:

I shouldn't bother...especially if the guy in question is a terd after all...but Frank, what you seem to miss, is that it's not your place to say. Dude is way more African than you are. Point being, you got all sorts of room to dis him without playing yourself in the process. And Frank, I say this only out of wanting you to be on the level so that people aren't at least partially right in throwing those you're-an-imperialist jabs at you. Okay, that is all.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I shouldn't bother...especially if the guy in question is a terd after all...but Frank, what you seem to miss, is that it's not your place to say.
    Dude called me a "White Colonialist", claiming his Algerian background means that he "knows Africa" and is somewhat aware of how badly Africans need money which is not only ridiculous but also offensive, especially given the fact that dude lives in Paris, flies to Africa to buy up records for pennies (most of them are crap but still...) and steals from African artists by selling bootleg records. This puts myself in a place from where I can very well say what I said.

HarveyCanal said:
    Dude is way more African than you are.
    To any West African, this guy is just as much a forreigner as I am. Never having been to Africa, you wouldn't know anything about this but there's a long tradition of crooked Arab businessmen passing themselves of as "African just like you". I've talked about this issue with many African friends of mine and they all found this to be extremely disrespectful.

HarveyCanal said:
    And Frank, I say this only out of wanting you to be on the level so that people aren't at least partially right in throwing those you're-an-imperialist jabs at you. Okay, that is all.
    There are few things more deliciously ironic than US Americans calling me an Imperialist for going to Africa to buy records so you have to forgive me for showing no concern at all for these "jabs" but instead enjoy them as the joke that they are.

The whole concept of your racial background being of any importance when it comes to going places and buying records (or doing whatever) might be very real in your warped American psyche but to me this is nothing more but a big load of bullshit.

Okay then.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    without playing yourself in the process.

I think this is unpossible for Frank.

And anyway, that's a world we all don't want to live in.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    --------------

• Afrobrazilero is number one
    nobody can test him!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    He has dj'd at the impala restraunt for ten years. I give him that

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Reynaldo said:

That record he's holding is graded VG+ but plays EX with only a few scratches and jumps and at least 80 per cent of the cover intact. ;)

Yup, I've been burned by this dude before. It's a learning curve.

• these African record threads always end up all