You will no longer be able to sign in to YouTube without a Google Account.

JamalJamal 410 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
You will no longer be able to sign in to YouTube without a Google Account.

wtf! This is the message i just got while trying to surf to youtube.

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Big Bro in full-effect

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    Big Bro in full-effect

word

Google = YouTube

• Hasn't this been true for months now?

The local Cape Cod paper switched to a similar system about 6 months ago. I used to have my own account there but now you can only sign in with Google, Yahoo or a couple of others.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    true..but why force someone to make a google account.. cause they can..i know.
    And ive heard some freaky shit about gogle accounts and that all the history of surfing on the internet is saved in some manner..i dont know.

ah fuck it. 99 days till internetstop.

• Annoying, but you can skip that page (something like "sign in without..." on the lower part of the screen).

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    yeah normally i just skip it, and click on Youtube again and then it's ok..but this time they are for real.
    thanks though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Soon you'll have to have a facebook account to log on to the INternet.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    Big Bro in full-effect

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    They are asking me to sign in even though i'm already signed in.
    I have no Google acct :dead:

:eyeball:

What would SoulStruts mandetory account be?

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Soon you'll have to have a facebook account to log on to the INternet.

exactly..some days that shit really can irritate the hell out of me, cause most people just think : if i dont have anything to hide so why wouldnt I just sign in.
    I saw a documentary once about putting cameras right in front of a home, the people putting it there just pretended they work for the government, almost none of the people confronted opposed against the placement of the camera right in front of their window! Why cause people are afraid to oppose..to feel like the only one opposing..
    Some were living in the most secure suburbian neighbourhood ever! And a woman in her fourties came outside and started questioning the dude placing the camera's.. her neighbour (soccer mom) came outside and started saying yeah its good, because a week ago there were some young kids chilling in their street..damn..

the problem is, almost every part of the world is internetized.
    free the hippies..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The worst part IMO is when you leave YouTube, you are still logged into google. I have a YouTube account which I signed up using a dummy gmail addy. Now when I goto YouTube and sign in and leave and go to gmail, its automatically signed into that gmail account. Fuck... Go to google homepage an signed into that account, etc... Bullshit really...

• Options
    When Comcast bought MSNBC a couple of weeks ago all of a sudden MSN.com was my homepage. Both on Mozilla and on Explorer. This kind of intrusiveness is a ridiculous and pointless pain in the ass.

• Monopolisation is a royal pain in the ass.

I dont mind Youtube and Google being one in the same... but they could at least explain the point of WHY they want to link the two.

I think its when they just make changes and don't really give any true rhyme or reason behind it that people get narked off.

• DOR said:
    The worst part IMO is when you leave YouTube, you are still logged into google. I have a YouTube account which I signed up using a dummy gmail addy. Now when I goto YouTube and sign in and leave and go to gmail, its automatically signed into that gmail account. Fuck... Go to google homepage an signed into that account, etc... Bullshit really...

i find this particularly annoying. i personally like my internet to be compartmentalised; i don't want amazon knowing what i do in facebook, or gmail knowing what i do on twitter or whatever...

i've ended up using chrome for my email and firefox for general browsing (with the facebook blocker add-on for good measure).

• i kind of wish ebay and paypal would do the reverse -- stop pretending they aren't one company.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    neil_something said:
    DOR said:

i find this particularly annoying. i personally like my internet to be compartmentalised; i don't want amazon knowing what i do in facebook, or gmail knowing what i do on twitter or whatever...

Word. the pages you surf and the products you buy are vary valuable information thats is sold for a lot of money to advertisers.. and company so they can target their product even better. So amazon really benefits from lets say google, and then amzon again has valuable info on what products are sold, and they sell that to other companies..etc.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I signed out and now i can access youtube again i'm back in business. :cool:
    I'll be smiling until the time comes that i will need to sign back in to see adult content. :down:

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    :hated_it:

It had finally stopped gettin on my nerves always having to ignore this stupid shit after logging in and now they're for real. Bitches. For sure I won't open up a google account. For the same reason I don't use gmail despite all the comfort. Sucks I can't add anymore favorites to my account. Google is something between an octopus and a leech (and maybe a few other nasty things). Fuck them.

(Yeah, this is my post No. 666)

• Except replace Russia with Google, I guess. I honestly don't mind or care.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm always logged-in to Youtube with a non-Google account and I have seen no changes.