Your Most Wanted Funk Raer

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    damn, 8?!?!

See, Dante? The sooner your Tome To End All Tomes drops, the sooner little dudes stop asking Discog questions.

Heh.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    damn, 8?!?! are they all good/expensive?

Yes, they are all good/expensive.

• I Didn't see this on here anywhere, but my most prized top of the shelf joint is still
    S.O.U.L. what is it... Maybe a little too common to be considered Raer (but still rare) to
    us "cant bring ourselves to spend the $300 for the rec we want the most" soul strut gente...

My homeboy has it and it is the REAL DOOKIE....

I NEED that joint right there...
    Yet it always seems to be out of my grasp...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    "Moe & Joe" by Sonny Wimberly (reissues are fine)

• funky nassau - bahama soul stew(drive)

i had it once and let it go in a trade. why? i believe i lost my brain that day.

these days i have been dreaming about having my favorite lp cuts pressed onto 45 or 12" more than particular wants.
    i am just sick of lugging around heavy lps.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    TMGs - The Hatch
    good luck! talk to knewjak about that one. i heard a certain funk dude offered tommy mcghee $800 for his copy and he was like, "nah."

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    The Billy John 45.........plaese............thank you!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I know someone who's letting that go, if you want it Renayldo.

K.

Uhhhhh...how much?

A true baller never needs to ask.

(A true baller's parents, however, may.)

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts

I bought 2 copies of this for $4 each and let them go for ??10 each, that was back when Stirland listed it in his Big Daddy top 10, round about '99, not seen one since, gotta be $$ now

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

I bought 2 copies of this for $4 each and let them go for ??10 each, that was back when Stirland listed it in his Big Daddy top 10, round about '99, not seen one since, gotta be $$ now

Saw one fairly recently - not for sale though. And yes, top dollar had been dropped.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts

Saw one fairly recently - not for sale though. And yes, top dollar had been dropped.

It's not that great? Kinda Bluesy funker, nice but not top drawer big $$ in my book!!

• Oh yes,

Total Experience: Contradiction

Pure Funk: Nothing left is real

Im pretty sure that Im never gonna get my hands on either one of them...

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    Oh yes,

Total Experience: Contradiction

Pure Funk: Nothing left is real

Im pretty sure that Im never gonna get my hands on either one of them...

I have Pure Funk, what trades you got?

• Beaver, czeck ze PM.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    It's not that great? Kinda Bluesy funker, nice but not top drawer big $$ in my book!!

May I suggest a refresher course then, mate - sounded huge on a decent PA not so long ago, and I'ld say would sit very nicely in my set. No, not large dough but a few hundred bucks none the less.

How about the Churn the butter then, Pete?

• Oh, and Beaver. If you dont seem to get my PM, remember to turn them on from your settings.

• Real wants id pay proper money for, hmm

6th Degree South - Lovin you is to far out
    Split Desision Band - Watchin' out (disco record really)
    Brother Willaims - Cold Sweat - The harderst saddia to find from where im sitting.

oh and this

"the real meaning of soul power"

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    I'd have to go with the Jade s/t LP

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

lil dude me sold it once for $20

dreadlock nyc bob & san almost came to blows over it

lil dude me sold it once for $20

dreadlock nyc bob & san almost came to blows over it

What's the cover look like? I think there are a couple of Jades. The one I want has sort of a green gem stone on the cover on Pesante records.

If you still have it please type your full name and address so I can send you a...uh...congratulations card

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    [What's the cover look like? I think there are a couple of Jades. The one I want has sort of a green gem stone on the cover on Pesante records.

that's the one, bought it for 25 cents, sold it @ my first wfmu show (97) for $20
    one of my larger goofs

[What's the cover look like? I think there are a couple of Jades. The one I want has sort of a green gem stone on the cover on Pesante records.

that's the one, bought it for 25 cents, sold it @ my first wfmu show (97) for $20
    one of my larger goofs

Oooooh, you sold it. At first I thought you bought it for $20. Yikes.

It's all good, in my early days I passed on a Songs of Innocence in the dollar bin. What makes it worse was I knew what it was, I was just "sure I'd see it again." I have...but not for a dollar. I'm not too regretful because that's not my bag, but it would've made somone happy.

• Ghetto funk boris is nice 45 wise, but I would like the entire album,
    it would fill up the last hole in my blaxploitation selection ..

gerald give it to me!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    You guys that say "never" are too cynical. If you really think you're never gonna find something, it's going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. Try instead to envision yourself finding the record thousands of times, imagining ever detail possible.
    Time to step yer possitive imagery game up to the

• Smithstonian - Just Sittin' (Dante is twisting his imaginary Rollie Fingers right now, the villian)
    PS - DbtR (DCast knows what the deal is on this one - I'm not gonna divulge it)

I am on the hunt as well. Hell,I'd be stoked to find the promo with Miss. Mud on each side. Another one was recently found here in Memphis. Not by me though.
    I've been told by a trusting source that the group recorded this and was put out on a different label under a different name before the Enterprise release. I forget where they are from. Alabama?

• Desparately after

"Looking through the Window" by Eddie Black Speed

I Heard Chairman Mao play it once on WKCR in 1997, never heard hide nor hair nor mention of it since.

• Give me an original copy of Ben & Platano Group paris soul and you have Reggie Sadler ... G

• Give me an original copy of Ben & Platano Group paris soul and you have Reggie Sadler ... G

It sounds so simple....

• I'm really after a few titles at the moment:

Marie queenie Lyons - soul fever LP

String beat LP (Muza)

Kasmere Stage Band LPs (one down, 3 to go!)

got a copy of string beat but i think some dude was interested in it. he hasn't pmed me in 3 days though.

• Wouldn't mind a

Universouls - New Generation 45

Peace.

hehe you and me both!