Your Most Wanted Funk Raer

124»

Comments

• Smithstonian--- the group recorded this and was put out on a different label under a different name before the Enterprise release. I forget where they are from. Alabama?

They were from Baton Rouge and earlier released "Mississippi Mud" as Black Blood on the Black Blood label. They have at least two other 45s on the label as well.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Wouldn't mind having this one.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Smithstonian--- the group recorded this and was put out on a different label under a different name before the Enterprise release. I forget where they are from. Alabama?

They were from Baton Rouge and earlier released "Mississippi Mud" as Black Blood on the Black Blood label. They have at least two other 45s on the label as well.

Dante,

Is the the Mississippi Mud the same song on the Sam and Bob and the Soulmen 45 with Wazuri on it?

Doc

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Re: Kashmere Stage Band

damn, 8?!?! are they all good/expensive?

no they are not all good. I got geeked once when I found a Kashmere at the PCC record swap. Dealer that brought it out didn't know what to price it though, which was incredibly frutrating. I mean seriously, if your going to sell records at a show and your bringing them out, shouldn't you know what you want to sell them for?

But anyways, I digress, he let me take a listen to it on my player and before I dropped it down I was imaginiing hearing some of the grittiest hard funk ever, instead it was a lo-fi nearly funk-less LP with one of the worst versions of Burning Spear I've ever heard.

With alkl that said I'd still kill someone's grandparent for a an OG Zero Point, Buring out of gas, and that Japan joint.

• galaxygalaxy 62 Posts

Smithstonian--- the group recorded this and was put out on a different label under a different name before the Enterprise release. I forget where they are from. Alabama?

how are the other 45's on the black blood label? i really really like "Mississippi Mud" and if theyre even close to being as dark&raw as mud i need them..

• galaxygalaxy 62 Posts
    Ruby Andrews "Black Ruby"

still have this.. maybe we could try and work out a deal with a certain 45 on jordan, no?!

• Like I wrote earlier in this thread Im looking for a copy of the Ghetto Brothers lp. I only know about one copy maybe two. Have anybody else ever seen or know some one with a copy......

Thanks,

Dress

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    It's not that great? Kinda Bluesy funker, nice but not top drawer big $$ in my book!!

May I suggest a refresher course then, mate - sounded huge on a decent PA not so long ago, and I'ld say would sit very nicely in my set. No, not large dough but a few hundred bucks none the less.

How about the Churn the butter then, Pete?

Will post mp3 or soundfile as soon as I can mate

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

still have this.. maybe we could try and work out a deal with a certain 45 on jordan, no?!

haha, forgot about that one.

expect a PM

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I know a spot in Chicago that has a minty one right now. PM me.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

seam split cover.

$20 too much.

my top of the pops are all those usual suspects. certain saadia and jsj 45s and cardinal LPs. now that this smithstonian is blown the hell up, let me just say I will make the best offer to whoever finds one/has one. Luck, what was that abbreviated shit you were referring to?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    You know - the one on Saquarius.

split seam cover

Oh, no wonder it was in one of those "sealed-for-your-protection" sleeves. Sorry, Guzzo.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Ghetto funk boris is nice 45 wise, but I would like the entire album,

it would fill up the last hole in my blaxploitation selection ..

gerald give it to me!

Indeed. Reissue, anyone? I wouldn't be ashamed to cop one. Just like with The Invaders - $8.99 is just right.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

seam split cover.

$20 too much.

haha, Luck and I already spoke about it in PM's and I told him it was $25 more than I wanted to spend on the LP.

it's all good for now though, The homie Drewn is hooking me up with a MP3 of the album to keep me going til some Zodiac flat black plastic finds its way to West Covina

• Options

gerald give it to me!

Indeed. Reissue, anyone? I wouldn't be ashamed to cop one. Just like with The Invaders - $8.99 is just right.

As opposed to spending $600 on a scratchy OG? The other dope funk track on the album is a blank, too, but like the LP is very hard to find.

Nobody's contacted Boris? I'd wager he has the rights to that.

K.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

gerald give it to me!

As opposed to spending $600 on a scratchy OG? The other dope funk track on the album is a blank, too, but like the LP is very hard to find.

Nobody's contacted Boris? I'd wager he has the rights to that.

K.

Well, I don't have a ton of luck when it comes to organizing reissue campaigns. But I have love in my heart. That should account for something, right?

Anyone have a contact for Mister Gardiner?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    50+ song playlist of tunes featured in this thread

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Man... THIS is an old thread. Nice to see my wants in 2005 have almost all been acquired 10 years on.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    Man... THIS is an old thread. Nice to see my wants in 2005 have almost all been acquired 10 years on.

Nobody likes a bragger.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    jammy said:
    Kinetic said:

Nobody likes a bragger.

Haha! Yep... BOTH of them ;)