Your Most Wanted Funk Raer

Comments

• That robert moore 45 brings back memories of finding one that looked like it was dragged on the pavement from here to LA.

thanks for the info.

thats gotta hurt. almost as bad as not finding one in the first place. did you buy it just for the hell of it to put on your wall or something?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    my boy has been findin some pretty tough saadia 45s lately. maybe 3 or 4 within the past 2 months. mad cheap too (like .50 cheap)

i still come across nuff sound triangle pieces. i sold one ive never seen to aschrock a couple months ago. still havent come across that one again. i believe it was the la suprema s/t.

whats the name of that robert moore joint?
    ill see if any of my peoples got it if you really want it

now for a 45 i want... explosions - garden of four trees

• my boy has been findin some pretty tough saadia 45s lately. maybe 3 or 4 within the past 2 months. mad cheap too (like .50 cheap)

i still come across nuff sound triangle pieces. i sold one ive never seen to aschrock a couple months ago. still havent come across that one again. i believe it was the la suprema s/t.

robert moore-everything's gonna be alright/can't help myself

i'm sure anybody who knows it's not gonna let it go cheap though.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

-Soul Expedition

Anything that is expensive but not that good musically, I'm after.

• Options
    my boy has been findin some pretty tough saadia 45s lately. maybe 3 or 4 within the past 2 months. mad cheap too (like .50 cheap)

Everthing GOnna Be Alright b/w Can't Help Myself - Robert Moore (Saadia 6091 Orangey label)

Known in the record world as a double-sider (no Stronbow).

K.

• Options

Boris Gardner "Ghetto Funk"

Markus Kelly and the Impassions "pushin to the top"

& that dirte four jernt on charay

I can put you in touch with a dude who has copies of this - about $120 each.

LEt me know, K.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    funk?

either of the Detroit Sex Machines 45s, well known from reissues at this point, but the 45s are "rare as rocking horse shite"

& the prepositions - 'something different' - also reissued, but you never ever see the orig.

---

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Pipe Dreams:

Synthetic Substitution

Impeach the President

Various Seven B/Saadia joints

Pipe Dream LP:

"Dresses Too Short" Syl Johnson

Possiblities:

I really want this one that I can't remember the artist/title of, but it's on Deluxe and is an instrumental of Eddie Floyd's "Big Bird" where at the end of each horn run the band shouts out the title, but I'm having one of those brain cramps where I keep hearing the JB's title "Same Beat" in my head, instead of the real one, like "ba BA BAM 'same beat!" ba BA BAM 'same beat!' " anyways, I want that one, whatever it is...

More Thomas label joints, more Jesse Anderson...

may-find-it-someday LP:

Jerry Washington on Excello

PS

I try not to do this Soul Strut "correction!" routine too much, but that Charmels 45 is not funk by any stretch of the imagination...just a real nice & sweet soul ballad, with a dope intro.

• Options

I've seen it on a couple lists lately. It's a $400-500 record and if you consider both sides - it's a deal.

K.

• I really want this one that I can't remember the artist/title of, but it's on Deluxe and is an instrumental of Eddie Floyd's "Big Bird" where at the end of each horn run the band shouts out the title

that's the presidents, "which way." flip, "peter rabbit," is an instrumental version of the great "nobody's fault but mine," by otis redding...

I really want this one that I can't remember the artist/title of, but it's on Deluxe and is an instrumental of Eddie Floyd's "Big Bird" where at the end of each horn run the band shouts out the title

that's the presidents, "which way." flip, "peter rabbit," is an instrumental version of the great "nobody's fault but mine," by otis redding...

Thanks...now to track it down...

• The 45 I want the most is Billy Young - "suffering with a hangover" and the top want lp is the Ghetto Brothers lp.

I probably never find any of them for a price I'm willing to pay though...

Dress

• Mary Love -- Born to Live With Heartache is at the top of my list right now.

If anyone has one, I give good trade...

• I really want this one that I can't remember the artist/title of, but it's on Deluxe and is an instrumental of Eddie Floyd's "Big Bird" where at the end of each horn run the band shouts out the title

Sussex?

I really want this one that I can't remember the artist/title of, but it's on Deluxe and is an instrumental of Eddie Floyd's "Big Bird" where at the end of each horn run the band shouts out the title

Sussex?

nope, it is on Deluxe - the Presidents on Sussex are a different act, a vocal group, "5-10-15-20-25 Years," etc.

Thanks...now to track it down...

Best look for
    Presidents - Shoe Shine 1/2 on Hollywood records.

RAER RAER

and takes the Deluxe recordings by storm.

There is a another Presidents record, so obscure, I won't mention the title or the artist (under another name). Suffice to say, I'll drop loot if you have it!

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    river city funk band "fell into a bag"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Jesus H Christ I need a copy of Detroit City Limits- Ninety Eight Cents Plus Tax (Okeh). Major label should not be this hard to find.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Doris? Oh yeah! And I would put myself into poverty for a copy of "Pound".

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Try the Ria Currie version that was recently released on Freestyle. Its about 800.00 cheaper and its excellent.

• Options
    NEver seen that record go for $800 - not even close.

K.

• NEver seen that record go for $800 - not even close.

K.

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=2544548247

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I'm really after a few titles at the moment:

Marie queenie Lyons - soul fever LP

String beat LP (Muza)

Kasmere Stage Band LPs (one down, 3 to go!)

• Mary Love -- Born to Live With Heartache

yeyyyeeah!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Just copped one for $20 (overpaid?). Anyway, the price was right for me. I love the ultra-straightforward build on that song.

Mine (and these are all impossible, as far as I know, for under $150):

Aaron Neville - Hercules

Trinikas - Remember Me

Joann Zachery - Down To Earth

Top Hat & Little Jeff - Mississippi

6 Degree South - Loving You

U-F-Os - Too Hot To Hold

Smithstonian - Just Sittin' (Dante is twisting his imaginary Rollie Fingers right now, the villian)

PS - DbtR (DCast knows what the deal is on this one - I'm not gonna divulge it)

...and after hearing it on the Texas Funk comp, that Eddie Finley and the Cincinnati Show Band - Clean Up Man is "mad raw," as the kids say. Although apparently the spell-checker should have been consulted by the NowAgain layout editor.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

It sez here that they got 8, total.

Fuck, really? Make that 1 down, 7 to go.

• Kasmere Stage Band LPs (one down, 3 to go!)

Plus the "Thank You" 45 on Kram. And all that Cold Fire and Black Rain business.

Plus the "Thank You" 45 on Kram. And all that Cold Fire and Black Rain business.

Suddenly the worls seems like such a daunting place.

[insert picture of little little dude]

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn, 8?!?! are they all good/expensive?