Your Most Wanted Funk Raer

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited August 2005 in Record Collecting
I was just thinking of how I hardly ever see any threads about Funk on here anymore. So...Name a Funk 45/LP that is at the top of your want list. I'm talking about raers you think you'll never be able to find.Me...FABULOUS CAPRICES - Groovy World (Camaro) Memphis baller.

Comments

• just kidding!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Debbie Boone Live At Fort Apache('77) Marbled Wax w/ Cordouroy Cover.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Ruby Andrews "Black Ruby"
    Tommie Young LP on Soulpower
    Don Blackman

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    trinikas

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    The Cult - Mail Must Go Through
    and
    Pearly Queen

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Just threw away my want list. I'm going Zen. no more writting everydam thing down! If I'm supsoe to have it I'll find it. (once I get done finding everything you guys list)

• Options
    Always been partial to Lou Pride's "It's a Man's World". That or the Marijata Lp.

K.

• Options
    I know someone who's letting that go, if you want it Renayldo.

K.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    that charmels 45 on volt

it's on!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Boris Gardner "Ghetto Funk"

Markus Kelly and the Impassions "pushin to the top"

& that dirte four jernt on charay

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wouldn't mind a

Universouls - New Generation 45

Peace.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I know someone who's letting that go, if you want it Renayldo.

K.

Uhhhhh...how much?

• Reynaldo Domino - Let me come within

Reggie Saddler Review - Raggedy Bag

• I don't know if I have a most wanted per se, but I would definitely have a heart attack if I found the Pearl Dowell or Sam Baker 45s on Saadia. I love this blurb from soul45.org regarding the Sam Baker:
    "SAADIA is very popular label to funk fans. There is well known Little Beaver's "Do right man", But do you know SAM BAKER'S this version? This track has sad feeling with Deep not like Little beaver. It is a too slow tempo will annoy for SAADIA freak DJs. It is very nice low funk!!"

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Reynaldo Domino - Let me come within

the amazing carnahan has that on ebay at the moment

-Jimmy 'Bo' Horne 45 on DIG
    -James Knight lp on CAT

both recorded 25 minutes from my house.

• GZA - Liquid Swords

I don't know if I have a most wanted per se, but I would definitely have a heart attack if I found the Pearl Dowell or Sam Baker 45s on Saadia. I love this blurb from soul45.org regarding the Sam Baker:
    "SAADIA is very popular label to funk fans. There is well known Little Beaver's "Do right man", But do you know SAM BAKER'S this version? This track has sad feeling with Deep not like Little beaver. It is a too slow tempo will annoy for SAADIA freak DJs. It is very nice low funk!!"

Let me also add the ENTIRE saadia catalog.

• I know someone who's letting that go, if you want it Renayldo.

K.

Uhhhhh...how much?

i was about to say turner brothers too.

i coulddn't fuck with the price tag and the odds of me ever finding that in the field are very very slim...i'll just stick to my mp3s i downloaded off soulseek.

• that charmels 45 on volt the rza used for cream

"As Long As I've Got You"

• I don't know if I have a most wanted per se, but I would definitely have a heart attack if I found the Pearl Dowell or Sam Baker 45s on Saadia. I love this blurb from soul45.org regarding the Sam Baker:

hey r*lp* how common are saadia records "down" in florida ?

i've been looking for that robert moore one for about 10 years now. odds of me finding that one are absoluty factor of 0.

in fact i would say the odds of me finding that one are about the same as george bush becoming a born again anarchist.

i've been looking for that robert moore one for about 10 years now. odds of me finding that one are absoluty factor of 0.

in fact i would say the odds of me finding that one are about the same as george bush becoming a born again anarchist.

Word. Hopefully that rumoured Saadia comp will be out soon though.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Brass Byrds 45 (only seen a pic of it and don't know the title)
    New Dapps - More Mess On My Thing 45
    Eddie Bo - Showdown

• This record is hard!
    SOUND OF LITTLE ROCK LP MONSTER PRIVATE FUNK BREAKS

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I've never heard it, but if it's like Garden of Four Trees with heavier drums, I'm gonna go with Explosions - Jockey Ride.

Cosign on the Turner Bros. Just recently got it on CD and it's a killer.

DJ Ferrari

I don't know if I have a most wanted per se, but I would definitely have a heart attack if I found the Pearl Dowell or Sam Baker 45s on Saadia. I love this blurb from soul45.org regarding the Sam Baker:

Not that great...The Little Beaver/Frank Willams stuff turns up a few times a year. I found a copy of the Super Funky 45 a few months back that got traded to a local 45 guy. I was talking to local collecter who tells stories of that stuff sitting @ the counter in a .25 box in the 80's. SAme goes w/ the Sound Triangle stuff as early as the 90's. A friend bought about 10 copies of the cookie crumbs/soul freedom 45 for $5 in 96.

That robert moore 45 brings back memories of finding one that looked like it was dragged on the pavement from here to LA.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    At this point I would happily welcome something as pedestrian as Stark Reality, or the first Kool & the gang into my collection. Granted, my top record priorities are not "funk".

• TMGs - The Hatch
    Marilyn Barbarin - Reborn
    Eddie Bo - The Thang