I want to introduce myself...William Mckay

willyumm930willyumm930 12 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Hello, my name is William McKay. I am Big_Stacks' older brother. Patrick has told me about Soul Strut and explained that he has learned a lot from all of you.

Patrick and I have had a long standing relationship with vinyl. As little boys, we were collecting records, not knowing how much music would influence our lives. I can't remember a day that I didn't listen to music. It's hard to imagine life without it, right?

We live in a time where good music is rare. Esperanza Spalding has created quite a buzz when she took home the Grammy instead of Justin Bieber. I saw Esperanza perform in Raleigh, NC last year. I was amazed at her maturity in both jazz and life. She spoke a lot that evening, giving me a glimpse of who she was. The music she played was truly engaging, but I was more shocked at how she interacted with the crowd that evening. The potential is there for her to be a great jazz composer. We have to wait and see if the record company will allow her to keep her "voice". I'm crossing my fingers. She gives me hope that music can survive.

I look forward to many hours of enjoyment on Soul Strut. I've trolled the site and noticed all the knowledgeable people that is a part of this great site. I think it's only fitting that I be a part of Soul Strut, since I have even more knowledge to offer. Just kidding! :-)

William Mckay
Garner, NC (suburb of Raleigh)

Comments

• nice intro. welcome!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    That reminds me that I never properly introduced myself on here. My name is HarveyCanal. I don't consider myself to be suicidal in the slightest, but every single day of the week without fail I make an attempt to od on marijuana. That, and I collect records, but not in the same way that you collect records. Now, carry on...and welcome, new guy.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Welcome!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Look forward to hearing more of your musical insight!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Welcome! I hope to get back to the Triangle soon.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Welcome!!! Your brother is legend here!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Will,

Welcome to the 'Strut, broham!!! I hope you find the site as enjoyable and informative as I have over the nearly 8 years I've been here. Shit, I'm getting old!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. Rockadelic is the man, just sayin'!!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Welcome.

• Welcome. If you're even half as cool as Stacks, then we'll be stoked.

• Options
    Howdy and welcome!

• Options
    Where have you been?

• I appreciate the warm welcome fellas. Big ups to a great group of people!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    willyumm930 said:
    I appreciate the warm welcome fellas. Big ups to a great group of people!

...and ladies too (Almond). There are a few here who put up with us.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• greetings, fellow NC resident

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Welcome! If you're anything like your brother, I'm sure you will fit in just fine around here.

• Welcome mang, I was also a long time lurker and thus a long time Stacks fan, truly one of the most enlightening dudes here.

• Since you are Big_Stacks older brother wouldn't that make you Bigger_Stacks?

Just kidding... Welcome.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Welcome.......

WAR OR MANDRILL???

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    Welcome. If you're even half as cool as Stacks, then we'll be stoked.

Cosine.

Greetings from Brazil

:hi:

• Welcome William!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Welcome homie! So you're the man next to the man (Big_Stacks). Hold on & enjoy the ride.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Welcome to our cheerful insanity. You already know how much we value your brother's infinite wisdom.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Hey William-

My coworker just told me today that she went to that show!! (I'm in Raleigh)

Welcome.

• batmon said:
    Welcome.......

WAR OR MANDRILL???

War!

• bull_ox said:
    Hey William-

My coworker just told me today that she went to that show!! (I'm in Raleigh)

Welcome.

Hi from Garner. I am sure she enjoyed the show. I understand she will be touring with Prince this spring. She is also releasing another record this year.

• Manduro3000 said:
    Since you are Big_Stacks older brother wouldn't that make you Bigger_Stacks?

Just kidding... Welcome.

No need to be kidding. Stacks has some records; I've seen the room that's dedicated to vinyl. He can keep the Big Stacks moniker.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    willyumm930 said:
    batmon said:
    Welcome.......

WAR OR MANDRILL???

War!

And, welcome to the board!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Is your car a Shelby or modified GT?

• Burns said:
    Is your car a Shelby or modified GT?

Mine is a true Shelby, from the Vegas factory. While there's nothing wrong with modifying a GT, I chose to purchase mine with all of the bells and whistles it was meant to have...and with a factory warranty.

I take my Shelby to the road race track at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) and I also do a little quarter mile racing at the Fayetteville, NC track. Kind of a speed junkie.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    willyumm930 said:
    batmon said:
    Welcome.......

WAR OR MANDRILL???

War!

OFF THE WALL or THRILLER?