TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• doesn't come close to this from rivaldo though....

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I think what made the Rooney goal more remarkable was the fact that he'd had a pretty shit game up until that point. I note that less is being made of Nani's immaculate cross, without which, etc. Still, it was a beautiful finish, and it's given the pundit class an ideal opportunity to once more praise Rooney as the greatest talent of his generation, despite most of them having spent the entire season thus far trying to bury him.

Speaking of prodigious talents, I bet Jack Wilshere's heart soared after the ringing endorsement he received from brick-faced Geordie clot Alan Shearer on MOTD - "Wilshere's only young, but he's got a bright future". Where does he get them from - Christmas crackers?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    brick-faced Geordie clot

Bravo.

And Re the bicycle kick... noone can quite whip themselves into a frenzy quite like the English media, combine this with the Alzheimers-like memory said media display, and it's no wonder the hairy little ginger's World Cup (lack of) performance is now but a distant memory.

As far as bicycle kicks go, it wasnt really all that was it?

Rule Britannia

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    nzshadow said:

As far as bicycle kicks go, it wasnt really all that was it?

He's no Trevor Sinclair that's for sure.

But the only time it's really cool to score a BK is when it's your 4th goal of the match. Rivaldo is almost there.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    djwaxon said:
    Anyone see Rastamouse yesterday? New CBBC heat

Not really warranting the latte pass but been down with dem book since time, seen? Kids will do that to you. IIRC the creator of Rastamouse is a Rasta (non-faux) swimming instructor. Who knew? I myself enjoy the show and have no reservations about the patois (I prefer decking, meself) but then my kids can play the "It's-OK-Mi-Kwaaaaatah-Jameeeeeeeiahcan" card.

I predict the TV show will expose the character to the (entirely Caucasian) right-on brigade who will decry it as a vile characterisation of the black experience b/w dumbing down of English grammar and bay for the show to be pulled or the character killed off by a farmer's wife (dem-lop-off-im-tail-wi-mi-caaahvin-knife-R?)

And so...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8320549/Rastamouse-provokes-complaints-of-racism-and-teaching-bad-language.html

• As bicycle kicks go, I'd say Ronaldinho's, Mark Hughes for Wales and the Egyptian's(Can't remember his name) for Wigan at Anfield are better..

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    What is it half term or something?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Obviously, he'll find something like his old form eventually, but right now I am LOLing like fuck at Torres. Especially since Daniel Sturridge has got three in three starts for Bolton. Proof that Abramovich couldn't run a bath.

• DocMcCoy said:
    Obviously, he'll find something like his old form eventually, but right now I am LOLing like fuck at Torres..

Beyond the obvious "what a waste of money", my favourite chant of the night on the Hammersmith End came just before half time, as Fernando Torres shinned another chance: cue 7500 voices singing as one: "Are you Torres in disguise?".

As just as joyfully hollered at Drogba late on as well. Shame about the Dempsey penalty, but a point each seemed about right.

8 posts in 7 years.

Admirable succinctness, truly.

Welcome back.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Okem that ITV post is an outstanding piece of work, a timely reminder I too often treat this thread as a twitter feed.

People hating on that goal by Rooney are talking out of their ass. Fantastic strike and if you can't pull a messiah after that when can you? Also another timely reminder that all the people mocking Nani as a possible replacement for Ronaldo on the wing have all gone quiet this season.

Despite my better judgement am feeling as sorry as I can do for the multi million pound a year Ancelotti at the moment. You've got to think that at some stage Abramovich would realise that, unlike Champ Manager, you can't just buy a player with a high skill rating and stick him in a team and expect it to work. But it doesn't seem to have sunk it yet.

Also, timely re-up for this article. Still boggles the mind.....

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/09/zlatan-ibrahimovic-transfer-analysed.html

They really should have tried harder to interest other clubs in the player, so that they could encourage a bidding war, especially Manchester City, the one club that has the riches to pay a much higher price, as we saw with Yaya Toure. City???s absence from the negotiating table seems even stranger when you consider Ibra???s connection to their manager, Roberto Mancini, who had bought him when he was at Inter.

"I had a couple of talks with City and they had a fantastic project going on but I'm not one of those players who would go there and play for the money," he told the Daily Telegraph. "For me, it's important to see what kind of future there is, what kind of possibilities there are.

"For me, the project of City is not now. In a couple of years they will come top but Milan now is at the top and I want to be playing at the top when I'm 29 rather than 32."

Ibrahimovic played under Mancini whilst at Inter and the 29-year-old praised his former manager for turning City into a "top team".

"They have made some good investments and are playing well," he said. "The trainer is doing fantastic for City and they are one of the top teams around, but the choice for me was Milan. It was not about the money. If you are a great player there is money everywhere.

"You can never tell what the future looks like," he said. "I learned from my time in Barcelona that football can change in 24 hours. I signed for Milan and I'm very happy to be here and I would be more than happy to play four years with Milan. From there I don't know what will happen."

it's important to see what kind of future there is

the project of City is not now.
    (that would be the future, then.)

You can never tell what the future looks like

Makes Cantona look like the straightest talker of all time.

FWIW, I am glad he didn't come to City. I see him as another Adebayor, but more expensive.

The Rooney goal. Great strike. No quibbles over the result, City did not take the chances they made. I watched it on MOTD and Hansen was on point with his comment that Un*ted have always had at least at least one player capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck and bullying the flow against the luck of the bounce.

City had none before Tevez. Silva could be another. But these are the kind of players who will make the difference over a season.

Yeah Tevez was strangely subdued for a Manchester derby, used to him chasing everything and forcing at least one air kick from van der Sar. With the backline we had I was expecting the worst.

I'm firmly in the dislike camp with Zlatan, I don't think he's a bad player by any means but I've yet to see him add anything to a team, always seems to be getting goals due to the extraordinary quality of his teammates than from raising a quality of a match through his play. Basically I think a player with half his supposed talent could have had a similar career if he'd got the breaks.

Still haven't forgiven Arsenal for ruining that fun stat about never-scored-in-cl-eliminiatrion-rounds/never-scored-against-english-opposition which I thought summed him up nicely.

Next season should be the one for Mancini - a settled squad, CL football, it has to happen then or that'll be it for him.

• I'm not convinced by Mancini.
    I believe the team will be up there next season but that's on their own merit.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Mancini is out in the summer even if City do finish in the top 3.

Nervous as hell wondering which Tottenham will show up today.

badder_than_evil said:
    I'm not convinced by Mancini.

Do your homework. He's got a plan, a preferred squad and the ear of the board and will be well-in as long as City finish top 4. The side is still being built, any more managerial detours would set City back a season.

• J i m s t e r said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    I'm not convinced by Mancini.

Do your homework. He's got a plan, a preferred squad and the ear of the board and will be well-in as long as City finish top 4. The side is still being built, any more managerial detours would set City back a season.

The right person coming in after Mancini could turn them from contenders into champions.
    I don't see what you see in Mancini obviously..We'll see what happens there.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the sturridge situation is proof of how badly managed we are
    he could have come in and put pressure on under performing starters
    instead we never used him enough
    david luiz is a great pickup but the torres situation is a debacle
    not starting drogba is never a good look
    nani has flourished tremendously
    Busquets:declaring arsenal are the 2nd best team in the world...hmmm
    what does that make sporting guijon
    See you guys manana

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    also i feel bad for every time I've laughed at ronaldo's weight

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    pcmr said:
    also i feel bad for every time I've laughed at ronaldo's hair

I was all a desperate attempt to fool father time.

• J i m s t e r said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    djwaxon said:
    Anyone see Rastamouse yesterday? New CBBC heat

Not really warranting the latte pass but been down with dem book since time, seen? Kids will do that to you. IIRC the creator of Rastamouse is a Rasta (non-faux) swimming instructor. Who knew? I myself enjoy the show and have no reservations about the patois (I prefer decking, meself) but then my kids can play the "It's-OK-Mi-Kwaaaaatah-Jameeeeeeeiahcan" card.

I predict the TV show will expose the character to the (entirely Caucasian) right-on brigade who will decry it as a vile characterisation of the black experience b/w dumbing down of English grammar and bay for the show to be pulled or the character killed off by a farmer's wife (dem-lop-off-im-tail-wi-mi-caaahvin-knife-R?)

And so...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8320549/Rastamouse-provokes-complaints-of-racism-and-teaching-bad-language.html

http://newsthump.com/2011/02/14/rastamouse-five-times-more-likely-to-be-stopped-and-searched-than-fingermouse/

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Classic Ibra fail.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Tottenham Hotspurs win CL!!!!

Really not going to enjoy the "we got further in the CL than you did" talk coming from the other side of Norf London.

Fucking Italians.

credit due though...although i didn't see the match.

Serious question though? How often do UEFA change the number of CL slots open to leagues. Is the La Liga/Seria A ensured 4 spots regardless of how they perform?

• jlee said:
    Tottenham Hotspurs win CL!!!!

Really not going to enjoy the "we got further in the CL than you did" talk coming from the other side of Norf London.

Fucking Italians.

credit due though...although i didn't see the match.

Serious question though? How often do UEFA change the number of CL slots open to leagues. Is the La Liga/Seria A ensured 4 spots regardless of how they perform?

Arsenal aren't out of it yet.
    If they don't win I believe it will be a lot closer than last year.
    Great result for Tottenham - Insert "half time in the tie" and other cliche's here..

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    gatusso being a total classless jackass or you know simply italian

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The thing about the Champions League is that if you aren't going to win it you might as well go out early, so I'm kinda happy that we pulled Barca. I wont really care if we get knocked out, as long as we're not humiliated. Then we can focus on winning the domestic trophies we're still in line for.

Milan are a shockingly ordinary these days. & have been ever since we comprehensibly took them apart, in the CL, the year after they'd won it. Italian football really must be in trouble if they're the best they can offer.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I just watched Sky sports (not my fault) and saw a sensationalist recap of last nights game. then i log in here and see this:

jlee said:

Fucking Italians.

Bravo.