Anyone know Arabic?

pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Just looking to find the english type-able version of this song title. It is the flip side to the Shabah "I Need Somebody To Love" 45. I searched around on the interweb, and couldn't find any listing (besides the comp'd flip, which is in english)

Comments

• pj4533 said:
    Just looking to find the english type-able version of this song title. It is the flip side to the Shabah "I Need Somebody To Love" 45. I searched around on the interweb, and couldn't find any listing (besides the comp'd flip, which is in english)

this from Iran right? If so, it's in Farsi and I can get a translation for you

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    bobtheorange said:
    this from Iran right? If so, it's in Farsi and I can get a translation for you

Yes this is an Iranian 45.

Thanks man...I don't know the exact way to describe it, but just the english-based letters translation is fine, it doesn't need to be a complete translation to the english language. I just want to be able to correctly list the track name when I do setlists for my radio show.

-pj

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It's not Arabic, Iranians speak Farsi. The name of the track is Afsaneh.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    bassie said:

Thanks! (Pardon my ignorance about the arabic/farsi).

Another friend of mine says Afsaneh means "Romance", right?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    pj4533 said:
    bassie said:

Thanks! (Pardon my ignorance about the arabic/farsi).

Another friend of mine says Afsaneh means "Romance", right?

I think it means legend or tale, rather than romance. Just copy and past this into Google Translate: ????????????. Apparently, the word has a lot of meanings or connotations. It's very easy to mistake Arabic and Farsi for the same language since they use the same script similar to how English, Spanish, French and Italian might *look* the same to someone who is unfamiliar.