TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• His long range shooting is one of his worst qualities! He scores a great goal from time to time and because of that he tries it all the time with the ball usually ending somewhere in the stands, awful player.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I saw a classic premier league match between Man U and Newcastle from 1996 this week on the Fox Soccer channel
    where Man U got decimated by 5 goals to nil it was a joy to see. Forgive me for rehashing this old news i wasn't following football back then.At some point in the match Batty got into a fracas with Butt :wow: :pasue: great stuff.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Shears said:
    His long range shooting is one of his worst qualities! He scores a great goal from time to time and because of that he tries it all the time with the ball usually ending somewhere in the stands, awful player.

Yep agree that he goes for too many Roy Rockets at the moment but classing him as awful is a bit much don't you think? Despite looking mid thirties he's still only 23 so willing to give him a go and see how he develops before writing him off.

I saw a classic premier league match between Man U and Newcastle from 1996 this week on the Fox Soccer channel
    where Man U got decimated by 5 goals to nil it was a joy to see. Forgive me for rehashing this old news i wasn't following football back then.At some point in the match Batty got into a fracas with Butt surprised pasue great stuff.

95-97 were such strange years in the Premiership, still not quite sure how we managed to win the league apart from the obvious (Keegan's total breakdown at the pressure points over Christmas).

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    WTF is going on in the Diggin Stories thread? Around page 8, Frank, Paycheck, and Musica all seem to be alluding to blogs, and I'm guessing it's each others or something. False-rasta-R?

Just waiting for that to turn into another dirty-laundry-in-public thread.

Oh, and I missed the first half of Denmark vs England, but how much better than Gareth Barry did Scott Parker look?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    How dare anyone allude to a blog on an internet messageboard WTF?!

I'm taking the Skel approach to international friendlies now, so let me know if it was any good.

Duderonomy said:
    WTF is going on in the Diggin Stories thread? Around page 8, Frank, Paycheck, and Musica all seem to be alluding to blogs, and I'm guessing it's each others or something. False-rasta-R?

That thread is tl/dr and jibes are over my head (no doubt boutique-digging related) but believe it's this http://digging4gold.tumblr.com/

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    My dad is in hospital with pneumonia at the mo and that digging thread got me thinking about how much of a hoarder he is and what will happen to his Chudzilla-like stash of vinyl/cd/tape/dvd/vhs landfill. I am sure there is some gold in there but me and my brothers have neither the time in our days or the love in our heart to De-Curate that mess.

If anyone In The Game is up on Opera, Classical, Al Jolson, Crooners and Comedy rekkids, let me know. Also, hella Titanic-related items up in the back of the house.

He'll pull through, but he won't part with this whilst he's alive, he's been through WW2 and has got that hoarding mentality. Me, I grew up amongst his junk and embrace digital storage as a welcome friend in my humble spatially-challenged domicile.

J i m s t e r said:
    My dad is in hospital with pneumonia at the mo

Good luck to him. Not wanting to sound ungrateful, but I don't think I'll be taking you up on the offer of Titanic memorabilia. :long:

Duderonomy said:

Sweeeet. Can't believe the Big4 didn't snap him up a couple of years back when Real dropped him. Reminds me a likkle bit of The Ginger Prince in his workrate and on-pitch-stylings.

Sorry to hear about your pops Jimster, hope he gets better soon. Am still gutted we didn't pick up on The Sneijder when he was available.

Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    My dad is in hospital with pneumonia at the mo

Good luck to him. Not wanting to sound ungrateful, but I don't think I'll be taking you up on the offer of Titanic memorabilia. :long:

WHY DO YOU HATE THE WHITE STAR LINE??? (Ah, it was built in Belfast and Sailed from Southampton but officially registered in Liverpool. I agree with your No-False-Big4-fan-R stance upon matters of such gravity)

J i m s t e r said:

WHY DO YOU HATE THE WHITE STAR LINE??? (Ah, it was built in Belfast and Sailed from Southampton but officially registered in Liverpool. I agree with your No-False-Big4-fan-R stance upon matters of such gravity)

I'll take some bricks from the h'arginal Maginot Line if he has any (in homage to Wenger's philosophy on stout defending).

• Hope you Dad recovers soon - Pneumonia is no fun.

Is Sneider getting back in the Inter team now??
    Great player who I think could be even better under a decent coach.

Never saw the England friendly - I gave up watching them years back. They just get in the way of the Premier League for me.
    I'm sure Parker shat all over Barry who in my opinion hasn't played as well as he can since he went to City.
    Unsure why he is still in the England set-up if we are supposed to be looking to the future.Or do we have to wait for Cappello to see out his money-spinning contract before that will happen???

• badder_than_evil said:

Yep, scored a screamer last weekend too...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DigginDave said:
    badder_than_evil said:

Yep, scored a screamer last weekend too...

Him and etoo are back in top form while milito is injured
    i am happy they can challenge AC in Serie A (the quote about the illusion of AC was right on)
    however i am not down for the havoc they could wreck in CL

bar??a really wanted to get rid of etoo but he still has a lot of goals in them
    however villa instead of ibra-emo-bitch has brought us what etoo used to bring and is key to our game
    pressure,pace and chasing the ball back

arsenal is going to need a great counter attack and stellar defending to make us vulnerable
    set pieces and walcott pace on the wing could hurt but that's if you can stop our scoring
    with iniesta fully fit that will be harder..also the lost of puyol has not hit us as hard as I thought
    vamos a ver
    xavi vs the british xavi...

what did you guys think of capello's use of wilshere and his rooney comment?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Junior said:
    Duderonomy said:

That thread is tl/dr and jibes are over my head (no doubt boutique-digging related) but believe it's this http://digging4gold.tumblr.com/

Junior haz it.

The whole thing is that there is a new guy diggin in West Africa (based in Ghana) named Juan, who moved there from the Bay Area (tho I have never actually met him) and has teamed up with one of Frank's ex-record scouts named "Lion" in the above blog's posts.

It appears that he is salting up the game in a variety of ways that I don't care at all about getting into, but most notably finding a NM copy of the holy grail of Ethio funk LPs from a person in Ghana and only paid the man $3 for it, claiming he didn't know what it twas. He sent the record to a good friend of mine here in Oakland who then sold it to a private collector in Central California for well over $3K. Juan broke off "Lion" with well over $1K because he purportedly splits the profits with his agents 50 / 50. The issue here is the burned African dude who only got a measly $3 (which I am oh so not cool with, FWIW).

General flaming on this dude Juan ensued. I must admit though, that he is an easy target with his dreadzz and all.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it's one thing to lowball someone
    it's another to low ball someone who is in a difficult economic situation
    it's absolutely terrible to do so in a country that is serving you well
    i mean he could have given him 500$ at least 250$ not even fucking 50$
    what a clown

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I watched the first half of the England game, just to see our Jack get his first start. Boy done good.

I was a little perplexed to see him played as a DM, seems like a classic example of wasting a talent on the international level, by plating them in the wrong position.
    Maybe Capello lacked the balls to play him as the lone playmaker and had to have Frank in there to hold his hand. Only to then replace them both with two defensive minded midfielders. Surely Jack + Parker & Frank + Barry would've given us a better insight.

Theo also continued his good form, providing a great cross for Bent to tap in for the goal, even though he appeared to have been temporarily blinded at the time. His final ball has improved vastly this season, he's creating & scoring on a regular basis, but I doubt certain pundits will acknowledge this doe.

Talking of pundits, last night ITV went for the truly dynamic pairing of Fat Sam & Gareth Southgate. Man, the off-air 'banter' in that room must have been scintillating.
    They were flanked by tv personality, Adrian Chiles. Now, if you were some kind of mad genius scientist, who dedicated their life to bringing the humble meat pie to life as a sentient being, if you then put said PieMan in a shirt & woolly jumper, I imagine it would be the spit of Chiles. I'm surprised he managed to make it through the evening without Fat Sam requesting some gravy & then proceeding to take a bite.

Something horrible seems to happen when presenters move from the BBC to ITV. I can only guess it must involve some kind of Clockwork Orange style lobotomy. They probably force you to write out the mantra "dumb it down" a million times, whist watching endless reruns of 'Animals do the funniest things', backed by the omni present voice of Stephen Mulhern, who seems to have lost the cognitive ability to recognise the difference between 'real life' and 'Animals' as he provides sees-less inane commentary for both. He only chuckles as you are set upon by a fat moustachioed man, who pulls down your trousers, points at your genitalia, and sings "Go compare" at an obnoxious volume for the entire 5 minutes of the adbreak.

You re-emerge into the world a better presenter, covered in slap & draped in cheap man made fibres. (A result in ITVs strict policy of presenters only being allowed to purchase clothing from outlets within 100 yards of easily procurable meat, and or, dairy produce.) Anew & ready to entertain the masses with discerning and educated insights, like "I thought Wilshere was going to be our Makalele. What's happened?"

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    Okem said:
    I watched the first half of the England game, just to see our Jack get his first start. Boy done good.

I was a little perplexed to see him played as a DM, seems like a classic example of wasting a talent on the international level, by plating them in the wrong position.
    Maybe Capello lacked the balls to play him as the lone playmaker and had to have Frank in there to hold his hand. Only to then replace them both with two defensive minded midfielders. Surely Jack + Parker & Frank + Barry would've given us a better insight.

Theo also continued his good form, providing a great cross for Bent to tap in for the goal, even though he appeared to have been temporarily blinded at the time. His final ball has improved vastly this season, he's creating & scoring on a regular basis, but I doubt certain pundits will acknowledge this doe.

Talking of pundits, last night ITV went for the truly dynamic pairing of Fat Sam & Gareth Southgate. Man, the off-air 'banter' in that room must have been scintillating.
    They were flanked by tv personality, Adrian Chiles. Now, if you were some kind of mad genius scientist, who dedicated their life to bringing the humble meat pie to life as a sentient being, if you then put said PieMan in a shirt & woolly jumper, I imagine it would be the spit of Chiles. I'm surprised he managed to make it through the evening without Fat Sam requesting some gravy & then proceeding to take a bite.

Something horrible seems to happen when presenters move from the BBC to ITV. I can only guess it must involve some kind of Clockwork Orange style lobotomy. They probably force you to write out the mantra "dumb it down" a million times, whist watching endless reruns of 'Animals do the funniest things', backed by the omni present voice of Stephen Mulhern, who seems to have lost the cognitive ability to recognise the difference between 'real life' and 'Animals' as he provides sees-less inane commentary for both. He only chuckles as you are set upon by a fat moustachioed man, who pulls down your trousers, points at your genitalia, and sings "Go compare" at an obnoxious volume for the entire 5 minutes of the adbreak.

You re-emerge into the world a better presenter, covered in slap & draped in cheap man made fibres. (A result in ITVs strict policy of presenters only being allowed to purchase clothing from outlets within 100 yards of easily procurable meat, and or, dairy produce.) Anew & ready to entertain the masses with discerning and educated insights, like "I thought Wilshere was going to be our Makalele. What's happened?"

^^^
    Quality post.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Simon Cowell is bringing "the X Factor" to America. What does this mean?

It's another talent show and phone-vote cash-cow. Honestly, it's like they never existed before.

He's a f*cking genius, that Cowell.

Is Paul Scholes the English Xavi?

[Xavi interrupts, almost bursting with enthusiasm] Paul Scholes! A role model. For me ??? and I really mean this ??? he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years. I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him.

Quality Xavi interview with Sid Lowe.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thx for the great interview
    after watching ManU v Villa i came out with 2 thoughts...rooney is back and nani has improved his crossing
    well that came together quite nicely innit

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fucking hell. Nice goal by Rooney.

Legend status secured for another year.

• Great goal. But he loses any respect by giving it the full messiah afterwards.

Also amazed that the fat fuck could actually get that far off the ground.

• Is he trying to get at Ian Wright??
    Wasn't that Wrights celebration?
    Wouldn't surprise me if Wright had made comments about Rooney he didn't like..