Muppet Show DVD - Best shit evar?

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited August 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
Just ordered this. 604 MINUTES!!!Original pilot episode + network pitchStatler & WaldorfSwedish ChefFozzieVincent PriceTwiggy

Comments

• gangster! cool cover art too.

there's a baltimore club version of the muppet show theme on 12" that KILLS every time. everyone loves that shit.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this is one of my all-time favorite shows...

im kinda surprised its not in any kind of syndication. it used to get some run on one of the cable networks but i havent seen that shit pop on tv in years...

definitely gonna have to get one of those dvds! how much was that? ...and i dont need a link to buy one.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

definitely gonna have to get one of those dvds! how much was that? ...and i dont need a link to buy one.

i got my copy for 30 bucks yesterday, we barely put a dent on the first disc last night, shit brings back memories...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The Muppet show was great I was always a fan of

and the swedish chef was great too. They had some cool musical guests if i remember correctly. Which ones are on the DVD?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

and the swedish chef was great too. They had some cool musical guests if i remember correctly. Which ones are on the DVD?

hell yeah, they had Donna Summer, Stevie Wonder, JOHN DENVER!!!! haha...I want it just for the Stevie Wonder appearance if it's on there.

• The Muppet show was great I was always a fan of

(came up on a google image search, from some german hiphop webzine )

• Which ones are on the DVD?

Here's a list of all the guests:
    http://www.sitcomsonline.com/themuppetshowseason1dvdreview.html

It was the first season, so they had a hard time getting the mega-stars to come out, but once people figured out how this shit was, they were lining up to be guests.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Which ones are on the DVD?

Here's a list of all the guests:
    http://www.sitcomsonline.com/themuppetshowseason1dvdreview.html

It was the first season, so they had a hard time getting the mega-stars to come out, but once people figured out how this shit was, they were lining up to be guests.

ALICE!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

this is a very good look!

my children will be OK as long as they get down with this. and maybe some Thundercats, Silverhawks, and Voltron.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    how can you guys sleep on this?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

HAWT SHIT...

and maybe some Thundercats, Silverhawks, and Voltron.
    what about the tigersharks?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

this and this:

kept me amused as a youngster.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Anybody know if any of the pre-Muppets Jim Henson stuff is out on DVD???

I'm dying to get my hands on it...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

this and this:

kept me amused as a youngster.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

That show was amazing. Even when I was young I always thought it was cool how they used live video footage in with the cartoon - usually behind a closet door or something... it would be some old stock footage... funny shit.

That cartoon was amazing!!!

• YEAH! i loved that shit and think about that show all the time.

i was just thinking about it yesterday cause i was listening to those madvillain remixes (no ) with the part where doom goes "loony coo-coo, goony goo-goo like gary gnu off 'new zoo review'...")

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

That show was amazing. Even when I was young I always thought it was cool how they used live video footage in with the cartoon - usually behind a closet door or something... it would be some old stock footage... funny shit.

That cartoon was amazing!!!

NO DOUBT! loved that shit as a kid, when i get home im scowling the old VHS tapes for some episodes

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This MaFucka is based upon Dr John, so you know that the muppets know the deal.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    'Mmmmm, time to lay down some serious sound'.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

(came up on a google image search, from some german hiphop webzine
    )

boombap.nl; its Dutch.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I just ordered this via amazon. SWEET!

• I just ordered this via amazon. SWEET!

• I am going to get it through netflix and burn it. SWEET!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I am going to get it through netflix and burn it. SWEET!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I just bought my little girl that OZ/Muppets remake w/ Ashanti today. She saw the preview for the OG muppets and instantly asked for it. Daddy said "no problem"!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    ok i'm fuckin confused...I was wrong on Stevie Wonder...that was Sesame Street that he was on. But I DISTINCTLY remember Donna Summer being on the Muppet Show. am I crazy?

I found this guide and she's not listed in any of the seasons at all.

The cool thing is not only is Alice Cooper in season 3 but so is LEO SAYER!!!!

http://vr.ncsa.uiuc.edu/BS/Muppets/episode_guide_ms.html

• The jazz saxophonist muppet dude is modeled after a music professor i had

• Once when I was about seven, I was hauling ass on my bike down our long downhill driveway, singing the muppet theme show at the TOP of my lungs. After reaching maximimum speed I suddenly hit a dip,and went over the handlebars...split my lip/mouth open and broke a tooth. Right then moms pulls up to see mepicking myself up with a grill full of blood and gravel.