February Finds

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Just found this like 5 mins ago, literally. I couldn't believe my luck. And it was at one of my regular spots. It's my FIND OF THE YEAR, so far.

Excuse the blurry Blackberry pics.
When I get home I'm gonna post some more heat that I found today.

Comments

• HUGE!

• great score on that heath bros.

highly reccomend that joe lee wilson lp which can be had cheap.

i guess this is a latte pass but i just found out minnie ripperton is the mother of maya rudolph of snl fame.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I remember I was at a book store in San Francisco like around 93 and I pulled a mint copy of the Heath Bros. out for $1. I didn't know the record. I just knew it was on Strata East and I liked some of their stuff. After looking at the cover I thought this must suck and put it back. My boy was with me and said it was an ok record that he had it. Later that night we went to a club and DJ Shadow was playing. He dropped the Heath Bros. track and I lost my mind. I ran up and asked him what the hell it was and he showed me the cover. I was like shit!!! I went back to the book store as soon as they opened the next day and the record was no where to be found. After coming back home I hit up two spots in town that stocked decent jazz records and came home with literally 19 copies and less than $100 spent. I was still mad at my boy though for telling me it was "ok" and not making me buy it for $1. I eventually traded 18 copies off and haven't seen it much since then. When I do it's usually for $50 or more

• basicbasic 10 Posts
    Nice find Breez! Look forward to seeing what else you copped.

These are from the past couple weeks.

If anyone has any info regarding the "Party Song" 45 on Mass Extinction it would be much appreciated. It's sounds like some go go from the early 80's. I'll try to post up a clip soon.

Also looking for info on the Danny Taylor LP. Pretty cool xian LP with some psych and folk moves.

• Breez said:
    Just found this like 5 mins ago, literally. I couldn't believe my luck. And it was at one of my regular spots. It's my FIND OF THE YEAR, so far.

This really warms the cockles of my heart. Persistence pays, boys.

Nice find.

• Man, that Heath Bro's was in my sites something fierce bitd... every time I go back to it it's golden, way to go nailing it on the cheap.
    My local dig bought a collection recently and it had some really good stuff. The TCB doesn't come from there, it's from the dude in Brooklyn that's got a wack of sealed copies and has been driving down the price recently, bless him.
    Thanks to whoever mentioned Trifle to me, I know it was one of you.

And the Cedric Brooks is by far the best local pull in a very long time, lovin it.

• starvue.......been after that for a long minute!

nice finds there

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    Man, that Heath Bro's was in my sites something fierce bitd... every time I go back to it it's golden, way to go nailing it on the cheap.
    My local dig bought a collection recently and it had some really good stuff. The TCB doesn't come from there, it's from the dude in Brooklyn that's got a wack of sealed copies and has been driving down the price recently, bless him.
    Thanks to whoever mentioned Trifle to me, I know it was one of you.

And the Cedric Brooks is by far the best local pull in a very long time, lovin it.

"Jazz Raga Style" is a fantastic record.

• loopdreams: is that an og kenny burrell? also, what is the story behind the alice clarke score? (if you want to trade it hollar at me)

• crabmongerfunk said:
    loopdreams: is that an og kenny burrell? also, what is the story behind the alice clarke score? (if you want to trade it hollar at me)

Nooo, not OG... blue label seventies press.

The Alice Clark was in w/ the collection and is clean and a keeper I'm afraid, No*h.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Plus, the Heath Bros is singed by Jimmy & Percy Heath. A pretty kool bonus.

Here's some stuff from the past few days.

And after years of hunting I finally captured this beast.

• space guerilla....nice find (def not so rare as some of your other finds tho)

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Breez said:
    Plus, the Heath Bros is singed by Jimmy & Percy Heath. A pretty kool bonus.

awesome find, long time white whale related!

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    pointman said:
    "Jazz Raga Style" is a fantastic record.

That was one on my list the 9 months I spent in Bombay, and I never found it...
    I really need to post in the Digging Stories thread about some Indian digs though.

• 2 dolla hollas- "flower travellin band" is some canadian psych rock record...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    "flower travellin band" is some canadian psych rock record...

Great find. I've heard about that record but never seen it. GRT?

• Breez said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    "flower travellin band" is some canadian psych rock record...

Great find. I've heard about that record but never seen it. GRT?

yeah, GRT.

• Flowerin Travellin Band rules. Thats a bunch of Japanese dudes who relocated to canada

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    good stuff from thrift today

• Breez said:

So you're the bastard who outbid me on this! just kidding... Good Score!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Manduro3000 said:
    Breez said:

So you're the bastard who outbid me on this! just kidding... Good Score!

haha, probably. If it was like 2 wks ago, then yes. I've been after that damn records forever.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    hey look i still exist.

checked off a few major wants today in the field. cant believe how long it took me to find those top three records. thats iowa for you.

a couple weeks ago, super cheap pulls. a few of these sucked but not bad for $27 total:

• AKO!!!! nice pull on that rebirth cycle (if you want to trade for it, pm me...)

so this aft. i traded some semi-chud in at my local and grabbed these in exchange (that gary bartz is a vg+ dupe if someone needs):

then on my way out i decided to quickly check the box of freebies which usually has rinked elton john and micheal franks records and my heart skipped a beat when i saw this minty ass bad boy and long time want:

• crabmongerfunk said:

then on my way out i decided to quickly check the box of freebies which usually has rinked elton john and micheal franks records and my heart skipped a beat when i saw this minty ass bad boy and long time want:

damn!!! freebies!? how the hell did that heat end up there.....mint as well

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Hanging at the house, hungover as hell, refiling records from a gig last night figured I snap
    some photos of some keepers from the last few months...

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Been on a bit of a specific time warp kick lately, as evidenced by the recent finds below -

these were also nice but not in the same bag as above

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

• been after this one for a while..........is it a keeper? or are you looking to trade/sell? i'm interested ;)

• finelikewine said:

looks like you hit the jackpot there....some dope library recs!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    staxwax said:

been after this one for a while..........is it a keeper? or are you looking to trade/sell? i'm interested ;)

sorry dude - its been on my want list for a bit - not an easy find. Good luck tho and allow me to compliment your fine taste in music :D