Snow

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

:snowman:

Seriously done... and we got 2 more months of this schitt.

Please to click on all the Google Ads on this site so that I can relocate to Aruba.

:happyday:

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i'm "headed" out to jamaica tomorrow.they should have the runway cleaned up by then
    ras kala in full effect yo

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yeah man in all seriousness i can handle the snow although we dont have much here but this -30??C is bullshit i tells yeah...

i keep thinking of my trip to St Lucia last year, sipping Pitons Lagers on the beach at the Jalouise Resort between snorkelling in 30??C water..

• i know i wont be making any friends by saying this, but i just dipped on toronto on monday. i am now sitting on the porch in tamarindo, costa rica drinking the first pot of coffee of the day with dj asma's "tumbao del barrio" poppin' off in the background. 32 degrees C and no clouds in the sky. ocean's warm as pee and the surfboard is about to get waxed for the afternoon.

tell cold i say what up, but i aint tryna see him.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    kala said:
    i'm "headed" out to jamaica tomorrow.they should have the runway cleaned up by then
    ras kala in full effect yo

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i know i wont be making any friends by saying this, but i just dipped on toronto on monday. i am now sitting on the porch in tamarindo, costa rica drinking the first pot of coffee of the day with dj asma's "tumbao del barrio" poppin' off in the background. 32 degrees C and no clouds in the sky. ocean's warm as pee and the surfboard is about to get waxed for the afternoon.

tell cold i say what up, but i aint tryna see him.

bump it loud and disfruta, i'll be heading to the beaches of portugal before my return to Senegal real soon

• a friend of mine had this on his FB

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    so sick of it. gonna miss work tonight. gotta worry about my girlfriend driving home later. then the funnest of all, shoveling out to go to work tomorrow. i wanna be on a goddamn beach goddamnit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I took my first beach holiday ever at the beginning of January and damn if I wasn't elated to get back home. Harbour Island was nothing short of amazing, but even a snow-covered, -25C Toronto is the best place in the world to me.

I do miss freehand pours of $5 Hennessy though....

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    We haven't scene a flake all winter, the only time it's nice in Florida:

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    seriously. i was sick of winter before it even officially started. and i love winter.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I wore flip flops and a t-shirt to work today.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Seriously done... and we got 2 more months of this schitt.

Well I have never had so many snow days off from work ever so I'm cool with the snow... and I really dont feel bad at all for you especially since your boys are in the Superbowl...

• only took me 9 hours to get home from work yesterday in DC. That's all. only 9. Left at 330 and got home at 1230. Shit was unreal. Fuck this snow.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    meistromoco said:
    only took me 9 hours to get home from work yesterday in DC. That's all. only 9. Left at 330 and got home at 1230. Shit was unreal. Fuck this snow.
    OUCH!

I'm suffering from cabin fever pretty badly... i might need to sell some records and fly out to the bay!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Despite the foot of wet snow and citywide school closings, I'm working today because my organization ran out of money to pay overtime to the dudes who clear the sidewalks and paths. If we're closed, they get overtime, but if we all have to come to work....normal pay. Awesome.

• i am now sitting on the porch in tamarindo, costa rica drinking the first pot of coffee of the day with dj asma's "tumbao del barrio"

Dope! I got married at the resort in Tamarindo a few years ago. Loved it!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

After shoveling snow for nearly 4 hours, I finally broke down and ordered a snow blower (since none are on hand locally). It should be here by the middle of the week. Fuck the dumb shit, I'm getting too old to shovel snow.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    RAJ said:

and this

so perfect

• today tamarindo weather report was all talmbout 97f [36c], 6 hours of surfing, johnny paycheck's 'impalaville' and 400 colone imperiales [75 cent beers].

thanks soulstrut. your mixes help any day go from good to better.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    massive storm rolling east. another two day affair slated for tues and weds. 12"+ snowfall predicted. lord have mercy!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    They are calling for 2 inches of ice followed by 2 inches of snow and 13 degrees here in Dallas.

I blame the Steeler & Cheesehead fans for bringing this shit down with them to the Super Bowl.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yea still not much snow here on the east coast of canada, but i was talking to some dudes in Chicago and they are getting ready for some serious snow i guess, and Wednesday they are calling for 30cm here...

but its still lingering around -3??C, so it isnt overly cold as well which is nice...but Feb and Mar is usually our winter here, so i'll assume the fun is going to start sooner or later...

• Chicago

it's well underway at this point...around here i've heard this storm being referred to on multiple occasions as Snowtorious BIG and so far things are living up to the hype. almost everyone i know already has work canceled tomorrow (myself included) and even thursday. stores were running out of fresh veggies, etc. from people loading up for a couple days in isolation. predictions have been anywhere from 18-26in. with at least 12 guaranteed.

whiskey and sledding here i come, my inner 8 year old has never been so happy

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

• ^^ crazy i work for a rather large Corporation who does business worldwide and they stopped all work this afternoon and tomorrow in Chicago, i was watching some webcams of Wrigley Field only 2 hrs ago and the snow was just coming down, they have "up'd" our volume of snow to 30 to 45cm now...

given the fact we are getting snow now from an already active system...tomorrow is going to be nuts..

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    New York is such a fucking wreck right now. I went to get my car so I could run some last minute grocerie shopping. My car - I've never seen anything quite like it. It's like completely encased in a solid brick of ice. Like twice the size of the car itself.

And the whole city is a mess. Don't know what's gonna happen after tomorrow if it comes down like they said it's going to. Holy moly.

• if it makes any of you guys feel better, my flight from costa rica to toronto may get delayed...... next monday.

• They're calling for 12"+ here in Ann Arbor. Reasons why I don't mind: not having to shovel, my ten o'clock class being cancelled, waking up late with Irish coffee to celebrate said class cancellation, and a tentative cafeteria tray sledding date with a cutie from up the street.

• vintageinfants said:
    if it makes any of you guys feel better, my flight from costa rica to toronto may get delayed...... next monday.

oh no you didnt...lol

i believe the first stage of snow has stopped here 15cm down now and wtf tomorrow brings will be interesting...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    If any of you suave east coast homeowners haven't bought/used/or know what a snow rake is, I suggest you invest in one and use it ASAP.