Snow

2»

Comments

• Options
    At least we can all be glad that climate change isn't happening, because, like, it's cold and stuff.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    At least we can all be glad that climate change isn't happening, because, like, it's cold and stuff.
    Do you know how many people have tried to say this to me and I've wanted to murder on the spot? The "logic" behind it is so dumb and childish.

• Options
    The_Non said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Do you know how many people have tried to say this to me and I've wanted to murder on the spot? The "logic" behind it is so dumb and childish.

Yeah, I know.

I suppose the phrase "global warming" gives idiots some cover, but it's still no excuse.

• dj_cityboy said:
    yea still not much snow here on the east coast of canada, but i was talking to some dudes in Chicago and they are getting ready for some serious snow i guess, and Wednesday they are calling for 30cm here...

but its still lingering around -3??C, so it isnt overly cold as well which is nice...but Feb and Mar is usually our winter here, so i'll assume the fun is going to start sooner or later...

I watched WGN news and the pictures of Chicago are crazy right now. LSD packed with cars and snowed out !!

Glad I'm here in Atlanta dealing with rain.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    nyc totally iced over. ice rain froze my umbrella on my walk home.

• Queensland Australia is about to be hit by a category 5 cyclone (same order of magnitude as Katrina??) up to 500k wide, with a 35k wide eye. Same state that is still cleaning up after the worst floods on record.

Down here in Sydney and Melbourne it's been in the 40's C, up round the 110 mark for you Fahrenheit dudes.

Crazy ass weather.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    Queensland Australia is about to be hit by a category 5 cyclone (same order of magnitude as Katrina??) up to 500k wide, with a 35k wide eye. Same state that is still cleaning up after the worst floods on record.

Down here in Sydney and Melbourne it's been in the 40's C, up round the 110 mark for you Fahrenheit dudes.

Crazy ass weather.

Whoa. That is scary, very scary.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    spivy said:
    nyc totally iced over. ice rain froze my umbrella on my walk home.

My street is an ice patch 3 inches thick. And I still had to go to work. I'm currently typing with paper towels in my shoes, 'cause no matter how hard you try, there's no way you can walk anywhere without getting some ice water all over your lower extremities. This shit is ridiculous.

• New York is fucking gross right now. There were 6'x4' sheets of ice flying off a building on my walk to the train this morning... could've killed someone. Scary as fuck.

My in-laws near Boston have snow drifts the height of their house. Their road is in danger of becoming impassable, as the snow has encroached too far into the streets.

• DB_Cooper said:
    This shit is ridiculous.

gareth said:
    Scary as fuck

You whiners are starting to sound mad Jay Cutlerish.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    This shit is ridiculous.

gareth said:
    Scary as fuck

You whiners are starting to sound mad Jay Cutlerish.

You talking loud and saying nothing 'B****???sounding pretty Rex Ryan to me.

• and it just started snowing up in here again...20cm lastnight before midnight, not quite sure why i am at work, but i am just going to up and leave in 15 minutes from now..shit is starting to look vicious out there

i took it upon myself to declare a "casual day" for myself lol, for the dudes stuck in this take care yo and for shit sakes drive safely...

• DB_Cooper said:

You talking loud and saying nothing 'B****???sounding pretty Rex Ryan to me.

If I was Rex Ryan I'd be complaining about all the winter boots blocking some nice feet. Winter boots are the burqa of toes.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    A photo from a friend in Chicago. He said they were stranded for hours out there.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    elise said:
    A photo from a friend in Chicago. He said they were stranded for hours out there.

holy fukkksstix, how does that even happen. ughhh

• Options
    jaymack said:
    elise said:

holy fukkksstix, how does that even happen. ughhh

It's like a still from that nuclear winter movie... I forget the title.

Tonight I saw the first real hail I've seen in a LONG time. It was smallish stuff, about the size of that yellow rubber ammo from toy guns, whatever they were called. I enjoyed it and let my tough-guy cat out in it for awhile. Blew his cat mind.