Weekend finds!

2»

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    nice

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    That Bobby Timmons always looks like Wendy and Bonnie to me.

peace,xavier

• Sweet_Premium said:
    Okem said:
    Took a bag of records to my local & 'found' these in exchange for them.

WOW, that Stan Tracy Quintet is on top of my want list! Nice find!

What he said.... Starless & Bible Black is UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE

Great score

• lunchbreeeeak nice!
    just came back from lunch with a few records.

catch up II feat. milan pilar on calig for a buck is not too bad!
    Attached files

• mini said:
    Flea market (no idea about any of these (50 cents each)):

Each of those Pesquisa Ibope LP's has at least one good samba/funky tune that you can play out. Always nice and cheap to find, you got one of the better ones of the series too!

• The_Hook_Up said:
    only found one record, a white whale that finally crossed my path, very cool LP

Its from '64 ,features this little grimy ditty....ya think Sky Saxon heard this?

So much into that sound nowadays - anybody any tips on this? Stuff like Dion or even Townes Van Zandt , say the "white man's agony sound"

• minimini 879 Posts
    djmario said:
    mini said:

Each of those Pesquisa Ibope LP's has at least one good samba/funky tune that you can play out. Always nice and cheap to find, you got one of the better ones of the series too!

Now that I have listened to it there really are some nice tunes in it.

• Nazz III and Hell up in Harlem are spotless i'm used to seeing trashed copies of both. Byrds are awesome mono copies!

I love the cover of Sunny by Bobby Bryant....

Anyone know about the connection lp by Cecil Payne? Is it any good mine are still sealed?

• Humanacat said:

Nazz III and Hell up in Harlem are spotless i'm used to seeing trashed copies of both. Byrds are awesome mono copies!

Anyone know about the connection lp by Cecil Payne? Is it any good mine are still sealed?

The Cecil Payne- Connection is some straight ahead hard-bop. Good album no fillers. Feels like a Blue Note release.
    Check it out here if you want a listen: http://jazz-bone.blogspot.com/2010/10/cecyl-payne-connection.html
    DL link is provided. Hope this helps! If you sell one or want a trade, pm me.

• djmario said:
    mini said:

I've been playing that version of Jesus Christo out for a while. Very funky. Funny to watch people going crazy dancing and then they hear the jesus chorus and they look confused.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Humanacat said:

Hey Humanacat,

I love it too, my friend: Jazz and Stuff Mix - Big Stacks (at about 25:44 minutes into it). It's a great reworking of the tune, indeed.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I remember liking the Sam Cooke cover on that Bobby Bryant, in fact it's a pretty good LP for what it is from what I remember.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    holmes said:
    I remember liking the Sam Cooke cover on that Bobby Bryant, in fact it's a pretty good LP for what it is from what I remember.

Yes, Holmes, it's a very nice LP.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    grabbed this one yesterday

• Last few weeks -

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    upskiboo said:

nice find upski
    field find?
    it didnt leave the turntable for days

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few things from the past few days.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    fejmelba said:
    upskiboo said:

nice find upski
    field find?
    it didnt leave the turntable for days

hell yeah, right of the street (aka thrift) a spot that usually has nothing to offer, havent found anything there for quite a while, then all of sudden, couple polish records turn up in between the loads of common crap, and yeah, nice one for sure, i belive i have or had another one of theirs, or is that blues breakout, havent checked, sorta recall a potato gettin split in half or something along those lines, i might be wrong..

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

find of the day. MAKE EM SAY UHHH