Dowload Codes included with LP's

kemskems 120 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
I'm in the process of getting some vinyl pressed up and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how those download codes are generated that are sometimes included with LP's you purchase. Since the vinyl is only selected tracks from an album, i'd like to include a piece of paper with a code for the buyer of the vinyl to download the entire LP.

Any advice / insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    um not quite sure how the codes are generated, but you may wanna check this company out: http://www.dropcards.com/home/ i got ones of their cards in an "Easy Star" dub album i have, they provide a url and a code and bam!

done like dinner!

• dj_cityboy said:
    um not quite sure how the codes are generated, but you may wanna check this company out: http://www.dropcards.com/home/ i got ones of their cards in an "Easy Star" dub album i have, they provide a url and a code and bam!

done like dinner!
    i was just about to post the same thing. they are really easy to deal with. i recommend them for sure

• if you are doing a small scale run... you can kind of cheat it and do what we did for the first whiskey barons EP. We included a link to a password protected zip file with what looked like a unique code to open it, but really it was just one passworded zip so anyone could have used that code but we weren't exactly worried about millions of people figuring that out and jacking it.

just an easy/free way to do it

• try bandcamp.com its easy & free

• kemskems 120 Posts
    thanks to all for the replies. been away from this for a minute. I think i'm going to roll with the one password solution. heads is broke these days. appreciate the feedback though. easy.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    bandcamp just gives it away for free. i'm putting out an ep on vinyl and would like to give the full LP digitally to the buyers of the vinyl. I don't think I can do that through bandcamp.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    damn that sounds amazing but crazy expensive.

• kems said:
    bandcamp just gives it away for free. i'm putting out an ep on vinyl and would like to give the full LP digitally to the buyers of the vinyl. I don't think I can do that through bandcamp.

no, you can also sell your music on bandcamp and you can print out download codes for free downloads easily