Classic TV Moments

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
While digging a few days ago I found What's Happening, the complete series box-set. I forgot how many hilarious moments that show had. Just thought I'd share one of it's funniest. Feel free to share any moments you might consider classic & hilarious, from any other sitcoms. Enjoy!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How many seasons/boxes does the entire BOX have?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    batmon said:
    How many seasons/boxes does the entire BOX have?

3 seasons (1976-1979) on 9 discs, 65 episodes. I was thinking it was more seasons than that. I only paid $10 for it, not a bad deal.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    "No Roger, no Re-run, No Rent!"

• PrimeCutsLtd said:
    "No Roger, no Re-run, No Rent!"

Which Doobie you be?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    not really hilarious, but have stayed with me from seeing them as a wee child:

All in the Family
    -Archie Bunker revealing being abused as a child while stuck in the basement with Mike

-rape attempt on Edith

Good Times
    -when Florida smashed the crystal punch bowl after James dies

-Penny's burn marks

Facts of Life
    -rape attempt on Natalie

• alfred hitchcok presents: the episode where the con woman tricks the elderly black dude into burying her in the prison graveyard with a body and then digging her up hours later so she can escape. as she's waiting for the guy to come get her, she lights a match inside the coffin to pass the time and discovers to her horror that the dead body in the casket with her is that of her friend and that she is trapped there forever. then she starts screaming and they cut to a peaceful shot of the surface of the grave.

that shit gave me serious nightmares.

• I was never feeling Fresh Prince of Bel Air; I found it really tedious. Everytime it was on I couldn't wait for it to be over and to watch whatever dumb shit was next.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I was never feeling Fresh Prince of Bel Air; I found it really tedious. Everytime it was on I couldn't wait for it to be over and to watch whatever dumb shit was next.

Dude cmon. I can't remember you saying you like 1 thing once. Not one thing. You may like Dave Dravecky, but that's up for debate too. Cmon son!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    bassie said:

All in the Family
    -Archie Bunker revealing being abused as a child while stuck in the basement with Mike

-rape attempt on Edith

Good Times

-Penny's burn marks

Facts of Life
    -rape attempt on Natalie

On some "very special episode" shit, the "My Name Is Alex" episode of Family Ties, particularly the second half-hour when Michael J. Fox talks to the psychiatrist. Pretty heady stuff, and very well done.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I don't remember that, but you reminded me of Tom Hanks the alcoholic uncle drinking vanilla extract or some weird shit like that out of the pantry.

Cosby Show
    -when they made Theo go back and apologize to the girl at the burger joint for making fun of her.

-when Vanessa brings home the older man boyfriend and Cliff says something to the effect of "he may be filet mignon but you served him to us on a garbage pail lid"

• I loved the "very special episode" episodes. There was one I remember on Family Matters where Urkel got drunk by accident and Rachel saved him by her tightrope skills. Oh, and it did give us this.

It won't let me embed that, but it'll allow me to embed another classic TV moment of mine.

Andy Kaufman is the greatest of all time.

bassie said:

All in the Family

-rape attempt on Edith

Good Times

-Penny's burn marks

Facts of Life
    -rape attempt on Natalie

Facts of Life - Rape attempt on Blair

Different Strokes - Child Molestation w/ Dudley - "Lets play Tarzan!!"

Good Times - Debbie Allen escapes out the window to cop some Heroin, skippin out on JJs wedding weekend.
    - JJ gets shot
    - Old Lady eats dog food
    - James has Hyperwhatever and flips the fuck out.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Will yells at Uncle Phil - "YOUR NOT MY FATHER!!!!!!!!"

What's Happening - Rerun is supposed to marry Irene Cara to keep her in the country

Family Matters - Erkel becomes Stephon

Happy Days - Pinky Tuscadero gets hurt during the Car Derby

Six Million Dollar Man - Jamie Summers dies. .Fans write in and she's brought back to life w/ experimental cryogenic surgery and is given her own show.

Charlie's Angels - Farah Fawcett on a skateboard

Wonder Woman - any episode w/ the bathingsuit or motorcycle outfit

The Jeffersons - The Willis' "white son" returns from overseas to a mad "Black daughter" Jenny.
    "White son" plays the dozens against George to prove his Soul. With Helen Willis joining in on the snappin' as well.

Batman - Robin vs. Kato

Starsky and Hutch - Hutch has to run from pay phone to payphone to save a life
    - S&H vs Dracula = hells to yeah.

• bassie said:
    I don't remember that, but you reminded me of Tom Hanks the alcoholic uncle drinking vanilla extract or some weird shit like that out of the pantry.

yes.

• The_Non said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I was never feeling Fresh Prince of Bel Air; I found it really tedious. Everytime it was on I couldn't wait for it to be over and to watch whatever dumb shit was next.

Dude cmon. I can't remember you saying you like 1 thing once. Not one thing. You may like Dave Dravecky, but that's up for debate too. Cmon son!

i fux with degrassi. joey jeremiah.

rootlesscosmo said:

On the real. Bel Air wasnt all that for me. by that time i was gettin to old to be at home waiting for some sitcoms, but there were some classic episodes.

• Color Me Badd on 90210.

• Options
    - The "Wise Guy" episodes with Kevin Spacey as Mel Profit. "Only the toes know."

- "Columbo" - The episode where it's revealed that he never carries a gun but he has to qualify on the shooting range.

- Mr. Kotter's end-of-episode jokes

• Brady Bunch- Hawaii Bound- Greg Brady falling off the surfboard and is does not surface to the top and all is attributed to one of the boys finding a (voodoo) tiki where Mike's firm is building on a construction site. A three part series (I think) with guest star Vincent Price.

Three's Company- Jack and Larry play tricks on Terri Alden because Jack does not want her to move in. Ultimately, Terri gets the last laugh with Jack spraying self with water bottle and all is well. The last of the replacements.
    Chrissy-Cindy-Terri

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    my favorite TV moment ever haha. and years later can actually say it is RR

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    behemoth said:
    my favorite TV moment ever haha. and years later can actually say it is RR

A true classic.

b/w

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    There's been loads with Will and Phil in Fresh Prince.

The episode where Will's been shot and Carlton goes to the hospital strapped kicks in about 6:40

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Tom Hanks as alcoholic Uncle Ned on Family Ties

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    The_Non said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

^^ He makes a good point. ;)

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• Best thing I'VE ever seen on TV

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    When my niece was younger, I tried to get her, my brother and my sister to recreate this scene for my Mom's birthday. We could never arrange it 'cause my sister and brother were rarely in town at the same time. The one time we could, they didn't want to. Laaaame. Now my niece is 11 and it probably wouldn't be the same.

Also...

???C'mon guys! How hard can it be to come up with a name for Jack's bistro????

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    This is one of my favorite moments from this episode of Sanford And Son.

And this one from The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.

The crappy link does not want to work......anyway the snippet was of him and Carlton dancing to Sir Mix-a-Lot's Jump On It.