TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    During inevitable moments of doubt, I shall reflect on the sage advice I ignored here.

When you have no new moves to make, marriage can look better than repetition. Time to step through the "GROWN & SEXY" portal and sell your boxed action figures to BAT**N.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Duder just PMed me regarding a guest DJ set of southern rap and Irish rebel music (a cause he's always had a lot of sympathy for).

Unfortunately I'm double booked brother.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Jimster's New Edition dudes could play a gig instead

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Damn Skel. Maybe that's not the kind of 'bad' she meant?

Had been considering the Question for a year or so, and the last 12 months went by so fast for me I think it made me realise that I shouldn't waste any more time prioritising the unimportant things in life... and I knew it would make her happy, which is what it's all about, right?*

* Please to not shatter this illusion just yet.

or, er, sell them to Skel?

Really, S*eve? 6th one broak the camel's back? They all rolled over and St*ve fell out?

I better lay off those Oyster, Zinc and Ginseng facials :pasue: I had queued up.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:

I says, what is it about bad boys that women like?
    She says, it's like you feel that you can change them.
    I says, you like bad boys then do you?
    She says, yeah, they are quite an attractive proposition.
    So I left skidmarks in the pan, ignored the washing up and nicked twenty quid out of her purse.
    How d'ya you like them apples.

No cocker-nee backhander/"Slaaaaaayyg!" combo? FAIL.

;)

Seat up when I'm in a bad mood. :shitty:

Thinking about advice I've had on here regarding warning signs.
    She got a hair-cut before X-mas.
    Started wearing different clothes.
    And got a car (first time she's driven since she met up with me. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen etc).

And then there must have been something funny in the water, as I only went and asked the question.
    :blank: :grrr: :shut:

During inevitable moments of doubt, I shall reflect on the sage advice I ignored here.

Congrats L*o! Funnily enough we're also looking at converting one of the longest engagements in the modern world into an actual marriage sometime in the next year and a half. Discussion has already started on the topic with many a kind but firm reminder that this is a job for both parties and any attempts to avoid it and go play Black Ops will not be met kindly.

St*ve, well up for a drink come the brighter weather. Been too long.

Paul said:
    Duder just PMed me regarding a guest DJ set of southern rap and Irish rebel music (a cause he's always had a lot of sympathy for).

Unfortunately I'm double booked brother.

Nay problem, whenever you're free I'm always in need of some faux-ragga-pattois-toasting done in an N-Dubz stylee. The mic is still warm from the last time you set the mean streets of Oxford afire.

musica said:

A Man U supporting 'friend' reckons the home fans were singing to the visiting 'Pool supporters

Sign On,
    Sign On,
    With your pen in your hand
    and you'll NEVER
    work
    Again

etc to the Pacemakers classique. Missed that myself, as well as the pen, but I think Gerrard's red was hard to argue against. Babel's introduction at first offered the glimpse of a fightback, but he never saw the ball to feet again. Will Dalglish get anything out of him?

Leeds were good, and I figured we were out. Arshavin playing like a lazy bastard. Without Cesc & Nasri the kids aren't capable yet. Good to see Ramsey on the bench, would be better to seem him on the pitch.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

A Man U supporting 'friend' reckons the home fans were singing to the visiting 'Pool supporters

Sign On,
    Sign On,
    With your pen in your hand
    and you'll NEVER
    work
    Again

etc to the Pacemakers classique. .

This has been in vogue for at least 30 years

@Jimster, not the current squeeze, just some unfinished hisory with a previous.
    Both parties on a war footing unfortunately

Don't let that put you off, L*o

Duderonomy said:
    ball to feet

This. He is in the Anelka mould and should be played as such. I rate him in this role. If you're after a Niall Quinn then he is not your man.

skel said:
    a previous.

She asked for cash and sunny vistas
    You gave her B-grade Swing Out Sister?

I see. Glad to hear you two are still strong. I wish you many more wine-sodden-barbeque moments of passion.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Paul said:
    The La's - Live at teh BBC is the best.

Dunno what the problem with Howard Webb is, both decisions were spot-on. Jim Beglin as chief Gerrard apologist was pretty disgraceful if anything.

No issue with the red card here, although I don't think there was any Keano-esque career-ending intent behind it, and I've seen players (including a couple of ours) walk away with yellows for far worse. Rush-of-blood clumsiness is all, but it did illustrate how Gerrard can be as much a liability as an asset.

The penalty was one of those snide, mealy-mouthed "played-for" penalties that you see far too often nowadays. Negligible contact, certainly nothing that would seriously interfere with Berbatov's forward movement - until, that is, he realised that he could get something before the game was more than a couple of minutes old and went down like a sack of shite. Cheap, shitty, lazy. I notice the linesman kept his flag down, so it's not unreasonable to ponder what Webb actually saw. Certainly nothing as obvious as a boot to the chest. I hope Berbatov gets clattered when you come to Anfield. He'll probably disappear even quicker than he did yesterday.

1-0 away at OT against a United side who were gifted a penalty, had a man over for an hour, and still couldn't kill us off altogether. Would have been a very different story a week earlier. I'll take that for now.

DocMcCoy said:
    Paul said:
    The La's - Live at teh BBC is the best.

Dunno what the problem with Howard Webb is, both decisions were spot-on. Jim Beglin as chief Gerrard apologist was pretty disgraceful if anything.

No issue with the red card here, although I don't think there was any Keano-esque career-ending intent behind it, and I've seen players (including a couple of ours) walk away with yellows for far worse. Rush-of-blood clumsiness is all, but it did illustrate how Gerrard can be as much a liability as an asset.

The penalty was one of those snide, mealy-mouthed "played-for" penalties that you see far too often nowadays. Negligible contact, certainly nothing that would seriously interfere with Berbatov's forward movement - until, that is, he realised that he could get something before the game was more than a couple of minutes old and went down like a sack of shite. Cheap, shitty, lazy. I notice the linesman kept his flag down, so it's not unreasonable to ponder what Webb actually saw. Certainly nothing as obvious as a boot to the chest. I hope Berbatov gets clattered when you come to Anfield. He'll probably disappear even quicker than he did yesterday.

1-0 away at OT against a United side who were gifted a penalty, had a man over for an hour, and still couldn't kill us off altogether. Would have been a very different story a week earlier. I'll take that for now.

Well I'd be interested to see a list of forwards who wouldn't have gone down at that point. There were also a couple of other penalty shouts that could have been given without that many raised eyebrows.

All that aside though I actually thought Liverpool were the better side in the first half without really threatening us and seemed like a newly revitalised team until fatigue set in during the second half. Shame that what looked like an interesting match up ended after the sending off when we just sat back and settled for the 1-0 (something we've not been doing quite as comfortably recently).
    I do think we were potentially there for the taking with a number of key players out and only performing at about a third of our strength yet we still seem to be getting results week in week out. I only hope that we get back into the habit of starting to put chances away and killing matches off before the Champion's league starts again.

All in all thought there were lots of positives for the Anfield faithful but Torres still looked totally disinterested and I think Kenny would be wise to get rid of him sooner rather than later.

skel said:

She's always on a war footing of some sort, perhaps as a result of being ginger, perhaps as a result of being female. Every day is a new adventure.

J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    ball to feet

This. He is in the Anelka mould and should be played as such. I rate him in this role. If you're after a Niall Quinn then he is not your man.

Added to what Doc has just mentioned (1-0 with 10 men is almost a positive result), it wasn't the worse start for Dalglish, and you almost forget some of the players Liverpool have available. Babel looks like a talent to me, the midfield just needs a passer who can spray the ball out wide and into the channels, accurately, along the floor (not Gerrard's strong suite as he seems to prefer the hollywood - he did clip in a beaut against Bolton though). That Jonjo Shelvey kid might be the one, but to be honest, if I were Dalglish, or if Arse didn't have Cesc, I'd be looking to pinch a Spanish international. They really are the best at this at the moment, and the guy Silva is already looking like one of the top players in the league >>>>>>> than the English equivalents (barring boy-wonder Wilshere of course).

Junior said:
    but Torres still looked totally disinterested and I think Kenny would be wise to get rid of him sooner rather than later.

LOL you stirrer. And I imagine you have an idea of which club would be best suited to take Torres?

Junior said:
    All in all thought there were lots of positives for the Anfield faithful but Torres still looked totally disinterested and I think Kenny would be wise to get rid of him sooner rather than later.

What people forget about Torres is that, injuries notwithstanding, he's played almost non-stop since the season Spain won the Euros. It's been a long time since he's had a break where he hasn't been nursing an injury. That's a long time for anyone. If Kenny can bring back a bit of Nando's old lustre, it'll have been worth giving him the job.

Duderonomy said:
    skel said:

She's always on a war footing of some sort, perhaps as a result of being ginger, perhaps as a result of being female. Every day is a new adventure.

J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    ball to feet

Added to what Doc has just mentioned (1-0 with 10 men is almost a positive result), it wasn't the worse start for Dalglish, and you almost forget some of the players Liverpool have available. Babel looks like a talent to me, the midfield just needs a passer who can spray the ball out wide and into the channels, accurately, along the floor (not Gerrard's strong suite as he seems to prefer the hollywood - he did clip in a beaut against Bolton though). That Jonjo Shelvey kid might be the one, but to be honest, if I were Dalglish, or if Arse didn't have Cesc, I'd be looking to pinch a Spanish international. They really are the best at this at the moment, and the guy Silva is already looking like one of the top players in the league >>>>>>> than the English equivalents (barring boy-wonder Wilshere of course).

Rafael, you mean? He was class yesterday. I've heard United fans talk about him being the best RB in the Prem, and of course, I wasn't having it. Have to say he was hugely impressive, though. Likewise Kelly for us - Giggs only really got the best of him once late on, and he kept Evra pretty quiet, although Evra did seem a bit lacklustre.

If you're talking about David Silva, mind you...well, if not for Hicks and Gillett being a pair of fucking chisellers, he could well have been a LFC player for a couple of seasons by now.

Meireles could do the midfield job you're talking about in the normal order of things, although he did have his first bonafide stinker for us yesterday. At least, the first I've seen. Lucas is quietly growing into a right little yard-dog though. His passing's improving - lots of short, sharp dinks (and to Liverpool players as well), and he seems to be relishing getting stuck in and clattering the opposition. Him dumping Diouf on his arse against Blackeye Rovers was the evening's sole bright spot, and he had a good game yesterday. Not Masch level yet, but he's on his way.

• old trafford penalty if even i saw one

Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:
    but Torres still looked totally disinterested and I think Kenny would be wise to get rid of him sooner rather than later.

LOL you stirrer. And I imagine you have an idea of which club would be best suited to take Torres?

You'll see him play at the Bernabeu before that happens.

Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:

Ha ha, I assure you I only have his best interests at heart. %-P

I won't lie I rate Torres extremely highly but I don't think he's either what we're lacking right now or even remotely likely to sign for us. I do expect him to be back in warmer climates shortly though.

It was only when I read the match report today that I realised Lucas played the entire match, I don't know if his lack of impact is an improvement or not on previous.

Relating to your post above Doc, agree that Rafael is a great little player who's stepped up extremely well and also managed to put the Bayern incident last season behind him. Also thought in general Liverpol's defence dealt pretty well with the amount of skill and pace we had going forward. Seriously missing Park at the moment though.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Hello everybody.

Good to see you all. Congrats to the Duder & his Ginger MissDuder.

b/w

Berbertov dived.
    Webb is the twelfth man.
    Torres looks broken.
    Gerrard is a fool.
    +
    I'm undecided whether footballers on twitter is entertainment, or falls into the realms of 'never meet your heroes cause you'll only be disappointed.'
    and finally
    Duder, looks like you may get your wish for German defender at Arsenal, if the papers are to be believed. Don't know if there's truth much to the Mertesacker rumours though.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Rafael's most assured performance so far. Was happy with Evans bouncing back from his terrible run, I was worried that he'd be on his way out.

Ji-Sung Park won Player of the Month at United for November and December (Evra's response 'Ji needs to say thank you to me for always giving him the ball' ). He's better than Gareth Bale on current form but will never get the credit cos he doesn't play in London.

DocMcCoy said:

talking about David Silva, mind you...well, if not for Hicks and Gillett being a pair of fucking chisellers, he could well have been a LFC player for a couple of seasons by now.

Meireles could do the midfield job you're talking about in the normal order of things, although he did have his first bonafide stinker for us yesterday. At least, the first I've seen. Lucas is quietly growing into a right little yard-dog though. His passing's improving - lots of short, sharp dinks (and to Liverpool players as well), and he seems to be relishing getting stuck in and clattering the opposition. Him dumping Diouf on his arse against Blackeye Rovers was the evening's sole bright spot, and he had a good game yesterday. Not Masch level yet, but he's on his way.

Yeah, I was thinking of David Silva @ Citeh. Rafael @ Manure played well enough, not sure if you'd say best RB in the Prem yet - decent defending, didn't offer much going forward though. Kelly was very good. I just think that the Spanish are producing the best schemers just now. You wouldn't even need to buy a starter or a bench warmer - I reckon 'Pool or anyone else could pluck somebody from the Spanish under 21s and they'd be a good investment.

Moke; Mertesacker? He's a bit slow and ponderous isn't he? Djourou looks to have come into his own - one of our best players against Leeds, not only winning just about every ball in the air, but producing lovely cushioned headers that retained possession.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Ji-Sung Park won Player of the Month at United for November and December.. He's better than Gareth Bale on current form but will never get the credit cos he doesn't play in London.
    Are you for serious??

The majority of the sports media do nothing but wank over everything United do. Listening to ITV commentary during a United match is like listening to two fat women been shown an exceedingly good selection of delicious cake.

If Park doesn't get the credit he deserves, it's more than likely it's cause he's seen as a bit part player, and foreign to boot.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Moke; Mertesacker? He's a bit slow and ponderous isn't he? Djourou looks to have come into his own - one of our best players against Leeds, not only winning just about every ball in the air, but producing lovely cushioned headers that retained possession.
    As of the Leeds game we're down to 2 CBs. Squillaci pull a hamstring and will be out for a while & Vermaelen has still not recovered from his mystery achilles injury. So Wenger has to get someone in.

I doubt Mertesacker is any more than tabloid talk tbh. Along with Sol Campbell - please god not again - & the usual English alternatives. Or possibly Samba from Blackburn.

Okem said:

As of the Leeds game we're down to 2 CBs. Squillaci pull a hamstring and will be out for a while & Vermaelen has still not recovered from his mystery achilles injury.

Move Song to CB, Aaron Fucking Ramsey and Jack-the-lad Wilshere bossing midfield, Joy of Cesc, Skillmatic, Walcott mk.4 w/ added brains, Van Percy and the Mighty Bendtner up front. Sorted.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Okem said:

As of the Leeds game we're down to 2 CBs. Squillaci pull a hamstring and will be out for a while & Vermaelen has still not recovered from his mystery achilles injury.

Move Song to CB, Aaron Fucking Ramsey and Jack-the-lad Wilshere bossing midfield, Joy of Cesc, Skillmatic, Walcott mk.4 w/ added brains, Van Percy and the Mighty Bendtner up front. Sorted.
    Taking Song out of midfield would probably mean the re-introduction Denilson though. I'd prefer Sol coming back to that.

• I was super-impressed with Kelly for Liverpool yesterday.
    He would be keeping Johnson out of the team from now on if I were Dalglish.

I'm not seeing Silva as being that great YET.
    Looks like Modric in his first few seasons, who flattered to deceive for me. He's finally starting to live up
    to the hype this season..

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I see on twitter Charlie Brooker has been cited as an example of extreme left-wing rhetoric in the press, by some wally yank pundit. :eyeroll:

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Okem said:
    I see on twitter Charlie Brooker has been cited as an example of extreme left-wing rhetoric in the press, by some wally yank pundit. :eyeroll:

LOL, pretty sure Brooker would not want to be associated with Dem politicians in the US, or Lib/Lab in the UK for that matter. It's just that the US right wing gives him much better material.

I mean 2 republican reps missed their swearing in ceremony because they were at a fundraiser to celebrate their election! But it's OK because they said they watched it on TV and mouthed the words when it was their turn, so they are official. You couldn't even make this shit up because people would say you are exaggerating.

Do folls on here think that Piers Morgan is going to last more than a month on CNN? Shit is going to be painful. Also, I didn't realise outgoing Larry King was only 76. I thought he was at least 87.