KAJAGOOGOO, BATCHES

2»

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I never saw this thread the first time 'round. Lulz all up in this.

Sulk: I recall a friend buying this upon release and telling me it was the best thing ever. One song was about a goat called Bop de la Bop (?) following you around, which he took to be an allusion to the devil. Most of it was tripe but I would ride for Country Club and Party Fears II.

Years later I would work with a dude who married Billy McKenzie's ex. She was absolutely stunning. I asked him why tf would Billy get tired of knocking the back out of that (but obviously much more subtly) and he replied that she'd left him when she caught him in bed with a man.

Oddly, considering the Kajagoogoo lyrics in post #1, your man Limahl must have felt strange delivering them as, IIRC, he too came on the other bus.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    http://www.zcavaricci.com/

man I used to love me some clothes form Merry go round, Chess King, Oak Tree, and you can"t forget shoes from the Wild Pair...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    James...

absolutly amazing.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Borderline ghey for James right now.

• Limahl was working as some sort of lighting tech in clubs until the 80's revival came back about 7 or 8 years ago.
    My friends sister was seeing him for a while. We ended up at hers after the pub one night and found a card for her from him professing his love for her. In our drunken stupidity we got a pen and wrote "Kajapoo-poo" after his name.
    They weren't impressed.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    PICTURE ME ROLLIN'

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    james said:
    PICTURE ME ROLLIN'

:next_level:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bump

• Listening to Sulk for the first time while reading this thread!

:snowman:

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Billy Mackenzie had such a great unique (theatrical) voice, fond memories of the hits "Party Fears Two", "Club Country" & "Waiting For The Love Boat".

Other great Scottish bands of the era were Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, and from time to time I always pull out The Blue Nile album 'A Walk Across The Rooftops' to play "Tinseltown In The Rain" and "Stay".

Other UK bands that I liked at the time were Heaven 17,Talk Talk, Thomas Dolby, Prefab Sprout, Thompson Twins, Scritti Politti, Japan and early David Sylvian solo albums.I got to see Heaven 17, Thomas Dolby and Japan in concert before they broke through and had chart success, all great gigs (especially Japan's - The Art Of Parties & Visions Of China tours, both in 1981).

All records I picked up at the time of release, even though I was heavily focused on buying soul and jazz music back then this was new refreshing music with attitude to my ears! Musically exciting times...