KAJAGOOGOO, BATCHES

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Tongue-tied, I'm short of breath, don't even tryTry a little harderSomething's wrong, you're not naive, you must be strongOoh, baby, tryHey girl, move a little closer.You'reToo shy shyHush hush, eye to eyeToo shy shyHush hush, eye to eyeToo shy shyHush hush, eye to eyeToo shy shyHush hushModern medicine falls short of your complaintsOoh, try a little harderYou're moving in circles, won't you dilateBaby tryHey girl, move a little closer'Cause, you'reToo shy shyHush hush, eye to eyeToo shy shyHush hush, eye to eyeToo shy shyHush hush, eye to eyeToo shy shyHush hush

Comments

• Wow. WHat were the odds on this particular configuration of words hitting the front page of SS?

HARICUT ONE HUNDRED, MUHFUCKA!!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Now i guess yall gon' act like you don't know nada about some Kajagoogoo, huh? You can't fool me, batches.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    wow, excellent

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I find the beginning to that song to be sample worthy. Moody loops

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I was wondering if anybody ever hit that when i heard it on the RADio this afternoon. P Diddy shoulda rocked over that in like 1998.

• Mullets

IMG SRC="http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/features/wallpaper/images/1024/kajagoogoo.jpg" WIDTH=800>

when i was like 7 or 8 they were so huge here lol...i wonder how they look now...

• I was going to post about them a few days ago. Listen to that song. It's really funky.

• well heres how some ppl look NOW...remember DEAD OR ALIVE? ("you spin me round" bangin 80s shit imo)...well

dead or alive 1980s:

singer pete burns 1980s:

singer pete burns 2003:

AAAAHHH

• those boy george parties must be like night of the living transsexual dead...someone shoulda make a documentary...

• Now i guess yall gon' act like you don't know nada about some Kajagoogoo, huh? You can't fool me, batches.

Um...I have "Too Shy" on 45 (two-tone mullet styrene cue-burn raer).

• Um...I have "Too Shy" on 45 (two-tone mullet styrene cue-burn raer).

file under: heavy rotation

• Um...I have "Too Shy" on 45 (two-tone mullet styrene cue-burn raer).

file under: always mix with I-Level "Give Me"

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I-Level "Give Me"

Oh, that is my jernt, right there. Slightly ahead of "Seems Like You're Ready" in the pantheon of Jams Concerning Somewhat Coerced Deflowering. While I may never have the wherewithal to sing it out loud ("Aww give may, come awn and give may, garrrrl, give may what you can't get baaack...") even just listening to it makes me feel all glossy and gone-to-seed, like I'm pedway pimping in a replica of Big Daddy Kane's suit from "Don't Curse" (which I of course had custom-tailored at great personal expense) and just kind of skating along a cloud of low-watt dazzle that seeped out of the Chess King dumpster. Recommended to anyone who ever wore anything with epaulets while wishing they were part European.

And while Kajagoogoo, Dead Or Alive, et al. is cool, real heads understand that the deep, deep china white resides in The Associates??? Sulk. Please know that I say what I'm about to say as someone who has the Michael Campbell and High Voltage reissue, who owns a number of peak-period Asylum-label blank-check Laurel Canyon forays into the heart of individual darkness, and who bought Ni**a Please the day it came out: This may be the single most cocaine-informed record I've ever heard. Ever. Absolutely unsane. It???s the music equivalent of a Pen & Pixel cover: every single element has been buffed to an alien sheen and layered and layered and layered within an inch of its own life, and the obvious fact that no two pieces were ever in the same room at the same time gives it a deep unreality that nonetheless--because of the sheer mesacline drama-queen clusterfuck intensity with which it???s all compressed together--reflects and refracts as the most rococo hyperreality possible. It???s like watching a thousand ants get devoured by a million ants in a shower of money, accompanied by a seizing DX7 and the glow of a light that is endlessly green. This album is 80s new-wave excess, so much so that I can barely fucking listen to it, except when I can???t fucking stop.

But since I suspect that this thread really isn't that kind of party, I'll just kind of Hey-Remember-The-Eighties? by saying that Culture Club's "Time" is pretty fucking superb, even if it's all chorus. And I'll fuck with some Blow Monkeys, too. And anyone who rides for shit like Bobby Caldwell and Boz Scaggs but can't get behind some fey 80s rubber soul is playing themselves. Big time.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    I-Level "Give Me"

Oh, that is my jernt, right there. Slightly ahead of "Seems Like You're Ready" in the pantheon of Jams Concerning Somewhat Coerced Deflowering. While I may never have the wherewithal to sing it out loud ("Aww give may, come awn and give may, garrrrl, give may what you can't get baaack...") even just listening to it makes me feel all glossy and gone-to-seed, like I'm pedway pimping in a replica of Big Daddy Kane's suit from "Don't Curse" (which I of course had custom-tailored at great personal expense) and just kind of skating along a cloud of low-watt dazzle that seeped out of the Chess King dumpster. Recommended to anyone who ever wore anything with epaulets while wishing they were part European.

And while Kajagoogoo, Dead Or Alive, et al. is cool, real heads understand that the deep, deep china white resides in The Associates??? Sulk. Please know that I say what I'm about to say as someone who has the Michael Campbell and High Voltage reissue, who owns a number of peak-period Asylum-label blank-check Laurel Canyon forays into the heart of individual darkness, and who bought Ni**a Please the day it came out: This may be the single most cocaine-informed record I've ever heard. Ever. Absolutely unsane. It???s the music equivalent of a Pen & Pixel cover: every single element has been buffed to an alien sheen and layered and layered and layered within an inch of its own life, and the obvious fact that no two pieces were ever in the same room at the same time gives it a deep unreality that nonetheless--because of the sheer mesacline drama-queen clusterfuck intensity with which it???s all compressed together--reflects and refracts as the most rococo hyperreality possible. It???s like watching a thousand ants get devoured by a million ants in a shower of money, accompanied by a seizing DX7 and the glow of a light that is endlessly green. This album is 80s new-wave excess, so much so that I can barely fucking listen to it, except when I can???t fucking stop.

But since I suspect that this thread really isn't that kind of party, I'll just kind of Hey-Remember-The-Eighties? by saying that Culture Club's "Time" is pretty fucking superb, even if it's all chorus. And I'll fuck with some Blow Monkeys, too. And anyone who rides for shit like Bobby Caldwell and Boz Scaggs but can't get behind some fey 80s rubber soul is playing themselves. Big time.

brilliant
    were you down with AP and Barry Seal?

• For your efforts, James, I will send you a collection of lightly worn (but heavily rocked) bolo ties in VG+ condition (the Rave #3 should wash right out).

The Bros Super-Cincher belt stays with me, though.

• what, no china-flats with minor topside toe-wear?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    For your efforts, James, I will send you a collection of lightly worn (but heavily rocked) bolo ties in VG+ condition (the Rave #3 should wash right out).

The Bros Super-Cincher belt stays with me, though.

Back in my teen years, my dad went to England on business, so I asked him to bring me back some "cool music magazines" and some "cool music." He came back a week later strapped with some magazines whose charts were populated almost exclusively by compilations, and the then-latest Bros cd ("The guy in the store said they're the biggest thing going!"). And, I mean, I was on some Punks Not Dead shit at the time. What's the opposite of "well chuffed"?

All that notwithstanding, what I am saying is: I'm afraid I'm gonna need you to run that belt, too, holmes. I'm not tryna go out half-dipped. I can offer you some Esprit and a vest to be named later. Take it or leave it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I actually saw Kajagoogoo's lead singer Limahl guesting in some club I got dragged to for someone's birthday a couple of years ago. He was rocking his solo hits (i.e. The Neverending Story and.........um.........).

I'm sorry to report that the hair was no more, instead replaced with a simple short back and sides. Needless to say I cried myself to sleep that night.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    It???s the music equivalent of a Pen & Pixel cover:

you had me right there...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    James you did it again.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    I-Level "Give Me"
    Jams Concerning Somewhat Coerced Deflowering.

wow.

James you did it again.

Back in my teen years, my dad went to England on business, so I asked him to bring me back some "cool music magazines" and some "cool music." He came back a week later strapped with some magazines whose charts were populated almost exclusively by compilations, and the then-latest Bros cd ("The guy in the store said they're the biggest thing going!"). And, I mean, I was on some Punks Not Dead shit at the time. What's the opposite of "well chuffed"?

All that notwithstanding, what I am saying is: I'm afraid I'm gonna need you to run that belt, too, holmes. I'm not tryna go out half-dipped. I can offer you some Esprit and a vest to be named later. Take it or leave it.

you give D.Tompkins a run for the moola

saying

• All that notwithstanding, what I am saying is: I'm afraid I'm gonna need you to run that belt, too, holmes. I'm not tryna go out half-dipped. I can offer you some Esprit and a vest to be named later. Take it or leave it.

Throw in three Z.Caviricci crouch labels and a pair of baby platform pointy-toed white Creepers* and it's a deal.

*Black top-stitching is non-optional.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    peacefulrotation said:

What I like about this picture is that you can tell who is in the band and who isn't...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Best thread I've never read

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

wow!
    james done did it again

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Rick Roll Candidate:

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The_Non said:

Absolutely agree!