you may have to many records if....

2»

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    You don't always have the time to listen to a record on the same day you bought it.

You continue to buy records even when your turntables/stereo system is broken.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    you listen to the group Bread.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    this is like AA. somehow comforting though. i dont feel as bad about buying more records when there are stacks i havent listened to, or have only listened to once or twice.

but really, how many is too[/b] many? im around 2500 or so and i definitely foresee a trim down in the near future. i know there are cats on here in the 5 figures worth. anybody in the 6 figure range? im talking personal though, not dealers with wherehouses filled with extrta stock.

• You don't always have the time to listen to a record on the same day you bought it.

You continue to buy records even when your turntables/stereo system is broken.

HAHAHAHA.

• you throw a crates worth in the dumpster.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    out of curiousity how many of you have purged your rackord collection?

I know Asprin did it and he said it was actually really a good move, made nice dough and made the stuff he did keep more managable.

Who wants to sell at Buena PArk with me next month?

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    You quit your job of 10 years to open a record store. You tell people that its been your dream for years but really its just an excuse to have more storage space for your collection and a means to accumulate even more records.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    you throw a crates worth in the dumpster.

I thought it would hurt but it felt oh soooo good! (self ayo) (ayo)

• you have 11 copies of "invitation to openess".

somebody should replace that dudes picture with reynaldo's picture.

seriously i wish i had that many records. my shelf is looking empty about now. i have two empty slots that i didn't have last year.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    out of curiousity how many of you have purged your rackord collection?

I've been on a mojor purge for at least 8 months now. I move too much to keep every freakin' drum break I find. A lot esier just to sample it to 3" disc and then record the song on to a CD with 20 other songs that suck except for the break.

Plus, I'm not missing stuff at all. You get rid of a lot of so so stuff and then you start listening to your really good stuff more and realize you'd rather have 100 than 400