you may have to many records if....

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2005 in Record Collecting
you are listening to a mix you did a couple years ago, and you cant for the life of you remember what some of the songs are, even though you own them

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you are listening to a mix you did a couple months[/b] ago, and you cant for the life of you remember what some of the songs are, even though you own them

• funny i was listening to these old tapes i found in my parents basement and there was a bunch of krautrock shit i could not remember for the life of me

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    You find a fairly rare psych record and get really excited about it. A few days later as your rearranging some records in your house you realize you already had a copy.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    You find a fairly rare psych record and get really excited about it. A few days later as your rearranging some records in your house you realize you already had a copy.

you then mail the extra copy to me...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I really don't keep that many records, but I'm always getting little pieces of songs in my head & going, "I know I have that SOMEWHERE!"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    you are listening to a mix you did a couple years ago, and you cant for the life of you remember what some of the songs are, even though you own them

I was experiencing this this morning on my train ride to work.

"Who did this fucking song??!!??"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    you give your friend like 3 or 4 records every time he comes over.

• yeah you guys have waaay too many records please send them to:

David W*******
    5*** C***** D****
    M*****, CA 95340
    USA

thanks
    Dave

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    you buy a record you wanna play at the gig next weekend because you know you can't locate your own by then.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Re: you may have to many euros if....

you buy a record you wanna play at the gig next weekend because you know you can't locate your own by then.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    yeah you guys have waaay too many records please send them to:

David W*******
    5*** C***** D****
    M*****, CA 95340
    USA

thanks
    Dave

thats why I can't mail you that Clare Fisher

Post Office folks aren't soulstrut regulars.

You know you got too many records when your expedit's closets and milkcratees are all filled up and start to devise ways you can rearrange them all to bring in more records

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    You find a fairly rare 45 and get really excited about it. A few days later after cleaning & listening to it you realize you already had a copy when you go to file it & there is already one sitting in the box. You know you got too many records when your expedits, closets and milkcratees are all filled up and you start to devise ways you can rearrange them all to bring in more records

A-friggin'-men.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    You don't always have the time to listen to a record on the same day you bought it.

• You don't always have the time to listen to a record in the same month[/b] you bought it.

you have 11 copies of "invitation to openess".

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    You don't always have the time to listen to a record in the same month[/b] you bought it.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    You don't always have the time to listen to a record in the same year[/b] you bought it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

You know you got too many records when your expedit's closets and milkcratees are entire bedroom[/b] is all filled up and start to devise ways you can take over another entire room[/b] arrange them all to bring in more records

As in, when you are stepping over records to get to your bureau, and stepping over records to get into your closet, and can't move your desk chair more than 4 inches to the right, left or backwards for fear of crushing records, you start to feel like you are on the fast track to the stereotypical serial killer lifestyle...

• You don't always have the time to listen to a record you bought before you sell it.

"Damn, that was a good record... shit, hope another copy pops up soon!"

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    you use records for place mats, coasters, level surfaces for rolling joints in bed or any other non intended way.
    you can't run through the apartment as you will slip on records.
    you're girl can't come in your room -- she will step on something.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    You don't always remember all the records you bought in said month

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    you use raerz[/b] for place mats, coasters, level surfaces for rolling joints in bed or any other non intended way.

• ON STARK?!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    You don't always have the time to listen to a record you bought before you sell it.

"Damn, that was a good record... shit, hope another copy pops up soon!"

happens everytime

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    you use records for place mats, coasters, level surfaces for rolling joints in bed or any other non intended way.
    you can't run through the apartment as you will slip on records.
    you ditch your girl because you are afraid she will step on something.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    You post in this thread

• ST. ELMOS FIRE
    C/O ANTHONY PEARSON
    PO BOX 1761
    VENICE, CA. 90294
    USA

you use Robert Fripp lp's for frisbees.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    You sell 2000 LP's in a few months and it doesn't even faze you.

• bring it.