Strange but hilarious prison note to girlfriend found in the gutter

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Yesterday, I was using my corporate-mandated 30 minute (no more, no less) lunch break to walk around the block. Along the way, I found this in the gutter. It's written in pencil - not printer, pen nor crayon, mind you - and had a small chunk of bird shit on it. And no, I did not write this myself, if you were wondering.

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    "I fucking love your life ma be be."

That right there is a true romantic.

I've been addicted to this site recently

http://www.lettersofnote.com/

- spidey

• ummm, whats so strange and hilarious about it? its a love letter. sad that it was in the gutter with birdshit on it is about it. hope dude gets out soon and gets reunited with his girl

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    That's some heartfelt shit right there. Good for them.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    ummm, whats so strange and hilarious about it? its a love letter. sad that it was in the gutter with birdshit on it is about it. hope dude gets out soon and gets reunited with his girl

My only issue with it was that he made great effort to convey the msg that she wasn't obviously attractive

• Options
    tripledouble said:
    ummm, whats so strange and hilarious about it? its a love letter. sad that it was in the gutter with birdshit on it is about it. hope dude gets out soon and gets reunited with his girl

The fact that it was in the gutter with birdshit on it makes me wonder if their reunion didn't go so well.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I find it hilarious that someone would pick that shit up and scan it w/ bird shit on it. ...cmon

• bull_ox said:
    tripledouble said:

My only issue with it was that he made great effort to convey the msg that she wasn't obviously attractive

I took it more as his reminder to her that she's ugly and she should be happy to wait for some douche in jail.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I also gingerly inspect paper on the ground with writing on it. I live near three schools - there's a lot of homework and permission notes floating around here. Bo-rrrring.

And I love it at night when the lights are on in a residence and the curtains are wide open so you can see in - you know, as long as they turn it off when they leave the room and I don't see a Rear Window re-enactment.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Yeah, I guess "hilarious" was the wrong word to use. I just like offbeat, show-and-tell threads and it doesn't take a lot to please me. I guess I should have prefaced this with "I'm not a voyeuristic person, I take hygiene very seriously, I know that the American prison system is no laughing matter and if the following document had financial or otherwise sensitive information on it, I would have forwarded it to the proper channels, etcetc". One needs to be careful with his choice of words around here...

• And your a very desirable woman. Very. But not in a way that most people would think of as "desirable".

Okay, so maybe he should have stopped after the first page.